CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tresemme Shampoo for Curly/Wavy Hair

2 posters

Go down

Tresemme Shampoo for Curly/Wavy Hair Empty Tresemme Shampoo for Curly/Wavy Hair

Post by Emartini04 9th February 2011, 3:10 am

So 2-3 times a week I co wash my hair and once a month I usually get rid of the build up with Jane Carter SLS Free shampoo but tonight I wanted to try the Tresemme shampoo. First I prepooed my hair with EVCO, next I washed my hair, and then after all was done i noticed my hair had a squeaky clean feeling but felt very dry. I haven't washed my hair with a sulfate shampoo since July so I wanted to give it a shot but didn't expect the results to be so drying.

Does anyone else have that same effect with sulfate shampoos - better yet the Tresemme shampoo? Debating if I should even use it again. Can it strip my hair really bad after one wash? confused
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Tresemme Shampoo for Curly/Wavy Hair Empty Re: Tresemme Shampoo for Curly/Wavy Hair

Post by letha 9th February 2011, 9:21 am

I love their conditioners but I stay away from the shampoos. I did use their silky shampoo once thinking that it was conditioner all along I was looking at the bottle put the conditioner on my head and was like why is this conditioner making suds thats when I figured out it was shampoo Embarassed That didn't dry my hair out. Not sure why that happend to you but this is something that Chicro suggest you can do with shampoo that contain SLS

You can doctor up a sulfate ridden shampoo and soften it. Remove about 1/8 cup of shampoo and dilute it in ½ cup of hot water. Then add ¼ cup of aloe vera and 1-2 tablespoons of a vegetable or seed oil. Stir it and set the mixture aside.

It should feel very soft. There should not be that squeaky clean stripped feeling. Your hair should not feel rough to the touch. Hopefully, you will feel a slight difference for the better, in your hair even at this point.

Softening your shampoo, by adding water, aloe vera and some seed or vegetable oil is a technique you can use to lessen the drying effects of shampoos with the surfactant sodium laurel sulfate. You can also do this with any shampoo to optimize the opportunity to add moisture to dry, thirsty hair.

Just in case you don't want to throw your bottle away. Most of Tresemme Bottles are those big bottles.
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Tresemme Shampoo for Curly/Wavy Hair Empty Re: Tresemme Shampoo for Curly/Wavy Hair

Post by Emartini04 9th February 2011, 12:31 pm

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely try that one out. I was just so amazed how stripped my hair felt after I washed it with the shampoo. It's been a while since I used a poo with high sulfates so maybe I just forgot how it felt. I don't know. Now that I remember no that never happpened to me before so maybe that bottle consists of some heavy sh@t.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down