CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

+32
CrissyQ
Lynnieluve
MelMelBee
MrsSunshinz
Fleur
kekesmom29
MissyCee
BajanPrincess82
CocaColaCutie
RoseNaturalBeauty
BlondeByDesire
naturallynola
Nikcoils
Ainsleytom
TheRYL1
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Umph
Myeka33
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
missmoriah
jlowman1
Pretty_Vee
brandiitneka
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
NubieNatty
NylaCoils
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
ChrsLvsBks
36 posters

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 13 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by CocaColaCutie 17th February 2011, 1:50 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Just checked out HauteLook's sale. The price on Eve Pearl right now is the same for the kit ($90, originally $131) Neutral confused . I signed up to their site so I am hoping to get it for less. One of the comments on the kit stated there was a 50% off at one time. I am hoping to catch it.

I wanted to try the kit too, but since it's the same price it really doesn't make sense to order on Hautelook especially because they won't ship until sometime in March...that's so whack!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 13 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th February 2011, 4:13 pm

okay...I've been struggling with this eyeshadow application and now I think I know what the problem is....it's me!! Embarassed LOL

I remember all of you saying that brushes are very important in applying and blending. So I ordered ELF's 12 piece brush set, and out of the 12 I found 2 that are working for me. What is so sad but funny...in 2 out of 3 postings KC kept recommending the ELF eyeshadow brush, and that is the one that is working for me!! Why does it takes me so long to catch on to things...I promise I wasn't like this in school!! lol!

Anyway...I managed to get a couple of nice looks this week that I really liked. I did an orange look yesterday (shadow, blush, lipstick and all) and I tried to take a picture with my phone...,(not real clear) and today I was able to get a nice look with MAC's ricepaper shadow, and NYX cork and a brown (forgot the name but it's brown) and I'm very pleased. dance I will post pictures when I get home tonight.

I've been using my UD primer as well as my NYX white and french fries eye pencils!! However, its all in the brushes when applying/blending and trying to create a certain look. I guess I'm going to break down one day and invest in some good brushes, but I will always keep and extra ELF eyeshadow brush in my stash, because I've been able to pack it on with that brush.

KC...isn't it sad that I didn't listen a couple months ago... No lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th February 2011, 12:00 am

i been thinkin im gonna try Bare Essentials for foundation and i want to try a tinted moisturizer for those "im rushin" days!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th February 2011, 12:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i used my primer in GREED (i'll see if i remember to prep n take pics for the difference) its more like a gold shimmer but not corny shimmer. u can wear it alone like the SIN which i pretty much now wear more than the original

eyeshadows: UD honey and i cant remember the name of the green color, lol and i pretty much always use either Shag (bronzy brown-ish) or scratch ( I love you ) all over my lid; nars lovejoy blush and my lips is pink friday with a hint of buxom gloss in sandy!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 19th February 2011, 12:56 am

Looking cute Nubie! Love the blonde color!

Lol@ KNH - I'm glad you remembered that brush. I don't like all of Elf's brushes but I love the flat eyeshadow brush. Since they're only a dollar I usually buy 2 or 3 at a time. The only brushes I've really invested in are blending brushes, I have two MAC blending brushes and I just ordered two Sigma blending brushes.

The sonia kushiak small eyeshadow brush at target is another one which is good for packing on eyeshadow. Its small so its really good for reaching the inner corner of your eye.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th February 2011, 1:42 am

thanx!

does anyone use the smudge brush? how do yall use it? i have one cuz i read it good to create the smokey eye but i pretty much use my blending brush for about...everything!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 19th February 2011, 1:52 am

NubieNatty wrote:thanx!

does anyone use the smudge brush? how do yall use it? i have one cuz i read it good to create the smokey eye but i pretty much use my blending brush for about...everything!

I use the Sonia Kashuk Small Smudge brush on my lower lash line to set what ever liner I use with an eyeshadow of the same color so it doesn't budge. I usually see people use an angled liner brush for the lower lashline but I'm not that stealthy yet so I just use the smudger since its so small.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th February 2011, 2:01 am

oooooooh ok Idea that sounds like a good idea!!! im gonna try that one
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th February 2011, 9:37 am

krazy coils wrote:Looking cute Nubie! Love the blonde color!

Lol@ KNH - I'm glad you remembered that brush. I don't like all of Elf's brushes but I love the flat eyeshadow brush. Since they're only a dollar I usually buy 2 or 3 at a time. The only brushes I've really invested in are blending brushes, I have two MAC blending brushes and I just ordered two Sigma blending brushes.

The sonia kushiak small eyeshadow brush at target is another one which is good for packing on eyeshadow. Its small so its really good for reaching the inner corner of your eye.

I agree with you on the Elf's brushes. Also, I like the small sonia kishial small eyeshadow brush as well. I was using it do apply my eyeshadow before I started using the Elf eyeshadow brush. I though that is what I needed because my eyes are small.....now I use it to highlight. I will keep in mind to use it for the inner corner of my eye. Which MAC (number) do you have for blending?

TIA
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 19th February 2011, 11:01 am

Hi Ladies..Checking in from FRO Fashion Week in ATL! You guys wont believe what happened to me! I came and forgot my make-up. Let me explain..I have lipgloss- no lipstick. I got powder, no foundation. I got eyeshadow, no eyeliner!
I feel like that line in Friday when Chris is telling Ice Cube..About having kool-aid and NO SUGAR!!!UGHHH
Having a good time, just not in many pictures! lol
Happy Saturday, everyone!!

Last edited by NylaCoils on 19th February 2011, 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 19th February 2011, 12:04 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
krazy coils wrote:Looking cute Nubie! Love the blonde color!

I agree with you on the Elf's brushes. Also, I like the small sonia kishial small eyeshadow brush as well. I was using it do apply my eyeshadow before I started using the Elf eyeshadow brush. I though that is what I needed because my eyes are small.....now I use it to highlight. I will keep in mind to use it for the inner corner of my eye. Which MAC (number) do you have for blending?

TIA

I have the 217 and the 224.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th February 2011, 12:36 am

NylaCoils wrote:Hi Ladies..Checking in from FRO Fashion Week in ATL! You guys wont believe what happened to me! I came and forgot my make-up. Let me explain..I have lipgloss- no lipstick. I got powder, no foundation. I got eyeshadow, no eyeliner!
I feel like that line in Friday when Chris is telling Ice Cube..About having kool-aid and NO SUGAR!!!UGHHH
Having a good time, just not in many pictures! lol
Happy Saturday, everyone!!

Lady, you had enough to work with. Pop on the gloss, pat on the powder in oily/shiny areas or to get better coverage in some ares, use eyeshadow as liner on upper and lower line (just not on water lines). Next time you know Wink .

@Nubie, love the Pink Friday on you. I have some smudger brushes. I use them to highlight my inner tear duct and apply shadow to my lower lash line. I like using shadow under my lower lash line. It has better staying power than eyeliner. For foundation, coverage, you can check out MAC's mineralize skin finish. The coverage is light and just evens out one's skin tone. I really do not think you need foundation. Your skin looks even and clear. That is a blessing!

Ladies, I went to the MAC store yesterday to treat myself. It was my 39th birthday woot! . I purchased the Viva Glam Gaga II lipgloss, mineralize skin finish in medium deep and the 109 and 217 brushes. The 109 is good for cream and powder foundations as well as contouring. The 217 is the infamous blending brush.

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 20th February 2011, 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected format)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 20th February 2011, 3:39 am

@Chrs: I ordered the new Viva Glam Gaga gloss too. I got the lipstick as well. It looks really pale on reviews that I've seen but I think by using a darker lipliner I can make it work for me. I'd love to see one of your looks when you use the gloss! I love the Mineralize Skinfinish. I use it over my foundation or wear it alone when I don't wanna do foundation. It's a great powder!

& Happy Belated Birthday, hope you had a wonderful day! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th February 2011, 3:18 pm

I took Tuesday off and Shelbey and I are going to have a girls day. We are going to Mac and have our faces done...I will post pics. I will get my brushes then too!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th February 2011, 10:08 pm

hoooray for MAC!!! i love supporting their viva glam line so hmmm i need to check out the VG 2, pics laydeez....picz bounce
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st February 2011, 2:20 pm

jlowman1 wrote:@Chrs: I ordered the new Viva Glam Gaga gloss too. I got the lipstick as well. It looks really pale on reviews that I've seen but I think by using a darker lipliner I can make it work for me. I'd love to see one of your looks when you use the gloss! I love the Mineralize Skinfinish. I use it over my foundation or wear it alone when I don't wanna do foundation. It's a great powder!

& Happy Belated Birthday, hope you had a wonderful day! Very Happy

Thank you! I did.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 21st February 2011, 2:37 pm

@ Chrs - Happy Belated Birthday. Hope you enjoyed tremendously. Looking forward to more makeup pics with your added tools! Very Happy

Does anyone know the best way to pick and matchup the NYX jumbo pencils as a base for shadows. I want to use them so my eyeshadow colors will pop but I'm uncertain on what to use with what.

One thing I've done really well lately is to use my color wheel to help me with matching up which colors to wear depending on what I'm wearing. I don't want to look matchy matchy since your shadow doesn't have to match your clothes. Maybe I could do this too for the pencils. IDK. Just want to see what you guys have done or are doing. TIA!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 21st February 2011, 2:46 pm

@DVA - I know the Milk (white) pencil will make your eyeshadow appear brighter and the Black bean(black) will darken the color some. I kind of play around with the ones I have because they will all turn an eyeshadow a different shade. I have Rust which is kind of like an off red color. I put a dark pink shadow on top of it and it acutally made it look orange which I ended up liking.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st February 2011, 6:14 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:@ Chrs - Happy Belated Birthday. Hope you enjoyed tremendously. Looking forward to more makeup pics with your added tools! Very Happy

Does anyone know the best way to pick and matchup the NYX jumbo pencils as a base for shadows. I want to use them so my eyeshadow colors will pop but I'm uncertain on what to use with what.
One thing I've done really well lately is to use my color wheel to help me with matching up which colors to wear depending on what I'm wearing. I don't want to look matchy matchy since your shadow doesn't have to match your clothes. Maybe I could do this too for the pencils. IDK. Just want to see what you guys have done or are doing. TIA!
Thanks Dva!

Like most things makeup, it is all about experimentation. I typically use a NYX pencil that is similar to the color eyeshadow I will use. For instance, I use my Yogurt (tan), with browns, bronzes & taupes. Hmm, I think I will play around and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the question.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st February 2011, 6:25 pm

Hey Dva..

I had that same question which I asked my girl Missy! She is so the make-up queen

As everyone has said the Milk (white) pencil will make your eye shadow color pop!! I've done that at work and felt that it was a bit too much. So Missy suggested that I try French Fry (it is a bronzy color) and recommended that I use it when I do a netural or natural eye. What it does is makes those color more vibrant...you know what I mean?

Another example...she showed me how she used the grey pencil (not sure of the exact color because I don't have it yet) and it will make your silver shadow look more like a slate grey which blends very well with the darker gray.

She has quite a few NYX color pencils, but from what she's told me...you use a pencil the color of the eye shadow you are wearing and it will make the color more vibrant; where as the milk will really make the color pop/stand out..(I hope that makes sense)

SN: ELF has free shipping for $15 and over today only!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st February 2011, 7:07 pm

Rock & Republic Beauty is on sale at HauteLook tomorrow, Tuesday, February 22. The sale starts at 8AM (PST).

Ladies, I really love their products. I have three of their pressed powders, one of their blushes and quite a few of their shadows. They are so fine. The pigmentation of the blushes and shadows is vibrant. I did a look yesterday with the colors.

@jlow & nubie, I am wearing the MAC liploss in these pictures. I lined my lips with a NYX dark brown lipliner before applying gloss.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 21st February 2011, 7:42 pm

@Chrs: I like it, I like the way you toned it down as well. I'll try this (with brown liner) when I receive mine. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 21st February 2011, 10:43 pm

Hey ladies- feeling lazy since I didnt get to wear any makeup over the weekend.

Also- Elf cosmetics are sold at Target, as well as the brushes. I got a palette of their eyeshadow at BIG LOTS.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 22nd February 2011, 1:20 am

look from this past Saturday

I am suppose to be going to Atlanta this coming weekend. I will more than likely stop by the bbs so I will let yall know what I pick up. I will probably get some hair products too since I am letting mine grow out. I am so ready for summer so I can do more of my bold colors. Oh before I forget, Has anybody tried Loreal True Match super blendable makeup?
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd February 2011, 1:23 pm

HauteLook - Rock and Republic Beauty eyeshadows are $8.40, 70% off. I picked up a few more. I also got another small shader brush. Shipping for my entire order was $5.95, great deal!!!!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next