CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG CHOP

3 posters

Go down

BIG CHOP  Empty BIG CHOP

Post by creolebeauty1 22nd January 2011, 11:57 am

Hey lovely ladies Smile
So as the date approaches for my BIG CHOP (relaxed end clipping) i'm getting anxious and can't decide with way to go about it , option number 1 would be to wet my hair and clip off all the relax ends myself , than a few months later go get a trim to clean it up professionally (the dreaded trim it hasn't happen yet i can already imagine walking out with a TWA smh )
second option would be head to the natural hair salon near me and have them cut off the relaxed end and i figure they will do a good enough job to where a few months later i could do my own trim but i'm still dreading that what if they cut too much and i have to start over again 10 months is not 10 days lol
Yes ladies i keep going back and forth in my mind and cannot come up with a conclusion yet so i figure i will ask you
How did you BC ? did you do it yourself ? or did you get it done ? did you transition f so how long ? and last but not least what do you think i should do ?
Thank you so much Smile Idea
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

BIG CHOP  Empty Re: BIG CHOP

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd January 2011, 1:03 pm

I was a self BC-er after 4 months of transitioning. I thought I would need to go and get my hair shaped up but I did a good job. Wink

I watched this video a few times before I did my BC. I say do what you are most comfortable doing.

When is your BC date?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd January 2011, 2:12 pm

I agree with Lynn it is about your comfort level. Good luck which ever way you go!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 22nd January 2011, 5:05 pm

Okay i been transitioning for 10 months and i will cut it off in April for sure but it might happen in March if it's warm enough Smile I'm so exited Smile bounce ..
This lady that goes to my church who's natural was telling me i have to trim at least 6 months after my chop because she didn't and every time she straighten her ends were puffy and split i'm trying to avoid that problem since i plan on wearing my hair straight once a year after another of naturalness lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd January 2011, 5:28 pm

I did my first trim 7 months after my BC....then next trim was 4 months later (so many SSKs), and the next one was 6 months later (too many SSKs). I go by how my ends look and feel.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 22nd January 2011, 6:58 pm

Okay thank you ladies Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd January 2011, 6:59 pm

@creolebeauty1
omg..i thought u already big chopped girl lol well....i didn't have my hair wet or whatever whenever i big chopped...i actually took some clippers to my head Laughing i mean u should do u....good luck Smile

Last edited by strawberri_slushee on 22nd January 2011, 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 22nd January 2011, 7:00 pm

LOL no not yet i been wearing wigs and faux ponytails for 10 months so far lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down