CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mixed Chicks #teamlightskin on Twitter

3 posters

Go down

Mixed Chicks #teamlightskin on Twitter Empty Mixed Chicks #teamlightskin on Twitter

Post by CurlyCasey 21st January 2011, 9:02 pm

Someone posted this on another site I belong to. I just thought I would share!
This comes from an article:

Over the past few weeks on Twitter, there has been a battle raging between #teamlightskin and #teamdarkskin, sparked in part by a “Light Skinned Versus Dark Skinned” party taking place in Ohio on January 21 (see this Clutch Magazine article for more info on that.) The Mixed Chicks brand decided to get in on the fun and tweeted,

#teamlightskin sure hope all will try @Mixedchicks to care 4 those curls.”

Naturally, black women responded in outrage because the brand has a large following among women who aren’t bi-racial or light skinned.

Now, I can see where Mixed Chicks is coming from; they seemed to be seizing an opportunity to reach their target demographic, since there is a huge overlap between bi/multi-racial women, light skin and curly hair. BUT, it should be common knowledge that curly haired women cover the color spectrum, and bi-racial women come in all complexions.

The ‘tweeter’ behind Mixed Chicks’ account went on to say that they sent messages to several different “teams”, but a blogger tracking the story didn’t see a #teamdarkskin tweet.

Not sure if this has already been posted but if not... Any thoughts??
CurlyCasey
CurlyCasey

Back to top Go down

Mixed Chicks #teamlightskin on Twitter Empty Re: Mixed Chicks #teamlightskin on Twitter

Post by Lynnieluve 21st January 2011, 9:25 pm

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Mixed Chicks #teamlightskin on Twitter Empty Re: Mixed Chicks #teamlightskin on Twitter

Post by CurlyCasey 21st January 2011, 9:27 pm

Lol I figured someone got around to it!
CurlyCasey
CurlyCasey

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 21st January 2011, 11:42 pm

yes we had LONNNNNNNGGGGGGG talk on this mixedchicks team light skin bs i thought and still think they knew what they were doing and to have a name such as mixed chicks than supporting team light skin in a ridiculous battle proves their IQ and true feelings but i digress Mixed chicks was never a project of choice and since i;m not light skin i will not be purchasing their product now i need a product that's called caribbean chicks lol jk
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down