Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by mrscoutrmmm on 18th January 2011, 10:16 pm

Now I was already giving the company the *side eye* Rolling Eyes for the name of the products. Tha was tacky to me. But after this I wouldnt care if the cure to all my curl problems were in one of their bottles. Mad

Over the past few weeks on Twitter, there has been a battle raging between #teamlightskin and #teamdarkskin, sparked in part by a “Light Skinned Versus Dark Skinned” party taking place in Ohio on January 21. The Mixed Chicks brand decided to get in on the fun and tweeted,

#teamlightskin sure hope all will try @Mixedchicks to care 4 those curls.”

Naturally, black women responded in outrage because the brand has a large following among women who aren’t bi-racial or light skinned.

SMDH. It should be common knowledge that curly haired women cover the color spectrum, and bi-racial women come in all complexions.

The ‘tweeter’ behind Mixed Chicks’ account went on to say that they sent messages to several different “teams”, but a blogger tracking the story didn’t see a #teamdarkskin tweet. (Feel free to email me the link if it exists, so that I can update this story.)

For a more detailed account of the situation, please check out this article on SakitaHolley.com, but in the meanwhile what are your thoughts on the whole situation?


mrscoutrmmm

Posts : 59
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 30
Location : norfolk,va

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! on 18th January 2011, 10:22 pm

I think the whole situation is childish. Granted, Mixed Chicks was started by two light skinned, mixed females and it IS named Mixed Chicks, but the person is representing a brand and therefore should think about all its consumers. But..... it's just Twitter. Eh....
avatar
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 27
Location : Anchorage, AK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by Takeya on 18th January 2011, 10:24 pm

In 2011, why in the world is there a Light-skinned vs. Dark-skinned battle? When are we going to learn to love and support each other instead of being divisive, especially on the basis of skin tone!!!

The whole situation is UGH!
avatar
Takeya

Posts : 123
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 42
Location : Kernersville, NC

View user profile http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! on 18th January 2011, 10:26 pm

Takeya wrote:In 2011, why in the world is there a Light-skinned vs. Dark-skinned battle? When are we going to learn to love and support each other instead of being divisive, especially on the basis of skin tone!!!

The whole situation is UGH!

I forgot to make this point also.... It's very elementary. But most people on Twitter are in middle or High School
avatar
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 27
Location : Anchorage, AK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by mrscoutrmmm on 18th January 2011, 10:33 pm

[quote="Takeya"]In 2011, why in the world is there a Light-skinned vs. Dark-skinned battle? When are we going to learn to love and support each other instead of being divisive, especially on the basis of skin tone!!!

The whole situation is UGH![/

I agree the whole situation is UGH. Smh. Some times Im sadden by what some ppl will do to make a buck Sad

mrscoutrmmm

Posts : 59
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 30
Location : norfolk,va

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by 1FlySista on 18th January 2011, 10:44 pm

LOL! Where is the love, are you serious? Are they making this an internal race war? C'mon Son! African-Americans surely need to get it together with this light-skin, dark-skin nonsense. I mean who does such things besides the immature or low thinking? If they must do this, why can't this be looked at in fun? Females always have to take low-priority nonsense to the top of the pile. smh I mean we all check Black (or "Other") as a race don't we? All involved need to fall back from the nonsense and find something more constructive to do with their precious time. I like Mixed Chicks products and I'm still gonna rock with them and I don't even have a team to represent me because I'm too dark to be light and too light to be dark. Ha! LOL I'm gonna take it that these are teeny boppers hyping this BS up, I pity the adults involved, if any.
avatar
1FlySista

Posts : 152
Join date : 2010-11-17
Location : Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by mrscoutrmmm on 18th January 2011, 10:49 pm

I think it was very ignorant of their PR team if they knew about this. Isnt the goal of a business to open up your demographic not narrow it down?

mrscoutrmmm

Posts : 59
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 30
Location : norfolk,va

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by naturallynola on 18th January 2011, 11:14 pm

Out of character for me to comment, but I could not help thinking about an autographed poster my friend has from one of the Tom Joyner cruises. There are 2 groups of ppl (males and females in both groups) who are divided by an imaginary line in the sand. They are holding water guns and written on the poster is ""dark skinned people" against "light skinned"" people.

Now, with this imagine, I will say this, it is or should be known in the US that everyone cannot make the same type statements and the statements be widely received. People's perceptions, experiences, bias, emotions, etc. come into play. A spoken word or statement can be received totally different from what the author/speaker intended. I don't know anything about Mixed Chicks, never used their products, and I am not their spokesperson. My point is simply that there are so many issues and so much history related to race and color in America that certain groups, including companies risk being misunderstood,isolated, penalized, boycotted, etc. if they state or promote something that is perceived a certain way and this is irrespective of their intentions, experience, or success. This is especially so if the company is highly visible.

I don't visit Twitter and I don't know anything about this, but yes, this is potentially a PR nightmare.

naturallynola

Posts : 902
Join date : 2010-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by mrscoutrmmm on 19th January 2011, 12:11 am

@ naturallynola How very well put. You put into words what I was thinking. Thank you for the comment.

mrscoutrmmm

Posts : 59
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 30
Location : norfolk,va

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by QuirkyCurly on 19th January 2011, 12:21 am

I don't know who started this light vs. dark debate..but its stupid.

Whether light or dark..you're still black!! Thats how the world see's us..as black people. Instead of bashing, we should be embracing. What other race do we know comes in shades like we do? After all these years people still have these slaves mentalities. SMH
avatar
QuirkyCurly

Posts : 189
Join date : 2010-05-08
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by Karyn on 19th January 2011, 1:50 am

there is just so much wrong with this situation, i'm not even gonna go there lol. i'm just glad i don't social network, so i don't have to even know about this type of crap
avatar
Karyn

Posts : 753
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 23
Location : Brooklyn, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by creolebeauty1 on 19th January 2011, 2:11 am

I'm so sick of this Lightskin /darkskin talk , not just because of twitter or mixed chick also because Today some loser gave me the "compliment" i hate receiving you are pretty for a dark skin girl really ? SMDH
So this is what the grumpy me have to say Mixed chicks ... the name of the product alone made me not want to try it because i figured maybe it was for people with "loose curly " even though i'm caribbean and i'm sure i have a whole lot of mixture in my heritage i consider myself black and have kinky hair so i always figured that product wouldn't work for me personally but whoever created this product or their manager is an idiot because women of all shades and ethnic background can have curly hair ...
And yes i'm tired of this darkskin lightskin madness we are all Black and to a racist white person are all seen as the N. word so why can't we as people embrace our difference and come together SMH we are beautiful brown, light , dark and so on Sad Evil or Very Mad
Can you tell that guy pissed me off today ? lol
avatar
creolebeauty1

Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by Indigo.Blue on 19th January 2011, 2:38 am

The unpopular opinion:

Why can't Mixed Chicks have a product that is designed for their hair type just like tighter curlies have products that are geared for them. If a product had Africa or Caribbean in its name, the Mixed Chicks won't turn their nose at that product just because it does not cater to them...

Every company can't cater to every group...that is like me getting mad at a steak house for not having a vegetarian dish...

Black people are just as human as everyone else...I hear the brunett v. Blond; blue eye v. Brown eye; tall v. Short; rich v. Poor; tan v. Pale; democrat v. Republican; fox v. Msnbc; pepsi v. Coke...debates everyday...

I have mentioned this point in a previous post...if someone would have said dark skin chicks are beautiful...there is peace on earth...but if someone says team light skin...all hell breaks loose...same thing with hairb texture...if I said I have good hair and I am type 4 no one says anything...but if a type 3 says she has good hair, there is a problem...

Now, please don't interpret my opinion as an endorcement for this behavior...I just like things to be balanced...
avatar
Indigo.Blue

Posts : 164
Join date : 2010-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by J.S.M. on 19th January 2011, 2:53 am

Indigo.Blue wrote:The unpopular opinion:

Why can't Mixed Chicks have a product that is designed for their hair type just like tighter curlies have products that are geared for them. If a product had Africa or Caribbean in its name, the Mixed Chicks won't turn their nose at that product just because it does not cater to them...

Every company can't cater to every group...that is like me getting mad at a steak house for not having a vegetarian dish...

Black people are just as human as everyone else...I hear the brunett v. Blond; blue eye v. Brown eye; tall v. Short; rich v. Poor; tan v. Pale; democrat v. Republican; fox v. Msnbc; pepsi v. Coke...debates everyday...

I have mentioned this point in a previous post...if someone would have said dark skin chicks are beautiful...there is peace on earth...but if someone says team light skin...all hell breaks loose...same thing with hair texture...if I said I have good hair and I am type 4 no one says anything...but if a type 3 says she has good hair, there is a problem...

Now, please don't interpret my opinion as an endorcement for this behavior...I just like things to be balanced...

+1, especially the bolded. I'll gladly be the unpopular opinion will you. I see people saying how much more beautiful dark skin is or how their (4 a/b) hair is good hair, and then make a big deal out of it when someone says differently, like if someone says that light skin is beautiful or more loosely-curled hair is good hair. I don't get why it's always such a concern. It really shouldn't be and, honestly, it doesn't always deserve a thread.

J.S.M.

Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-11-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by creolebeauty1 on 19th January 2011, 3:04 am

I really think beauty comes in all shades , shape and sizes but what get to me is how that's not what's represented that's why some people get offended if you open a magazine , watch tv and so on when black beauty is usually being represented it's always some chic that don't look nothing like me just today after that dumb ass dude told me i was "pretty for a dark skin chic" i came home to watch some show on TV one about their top 10 bombshells do you know not one of them was brown skin let along dark skin from 1930's to now you mean to tell me they couldn't find 1 brown woman or dark woman that had kinky hair full lips and was attractive ? Society tends to navigate to black women that looks closer to white as attractive and it's just like that field and house negro days i want to see every shade of black women represented and celebrated equally as all are beautiful !
avatar
creolebeauty1

Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by mrscoutrmmm on 19th January 2011, 3:26 am

J.S.M. wrote:
Indigo.Blue wrote:The unpopular opinion:

Why can't Mixed Chicks have a product that is designed for their hair type just like tighter curlies have products that are geared for them. If a product had Africa or Caribbean in its name, the Mixed Chicks won't turn their nose at that product just because it does not cater to them...

Every company can't cater to every group...that is like me getting mad at a steak house for not having a vegetarian dish...

Black people are just as human as everyone else...I hear the brunett v. Blond; blue eye v. Brown eye; tall v. Short; rich v. Poor; tan v. Pale; democrat v. Republican; fox v. Msnbc; pepsi v. Coke...debates everyday...

I have mentioned this point in a previous post...if someone would have said dark skin chicks are beautiful...there is peace on earth...but if someone says team light skin...all hell breaks loose...same thing with hair texture...if I said I have good hair and I am type 4 no one says anything...but if a type 3 says she has good hair, there is a problem...

Now, please don't interpret my opinion as an endorcement for this behavior...I just like things to be balanced...

+1, especially the bolded. I'll gladly be the unpopular opinion will you. I see people saying how much more beautiful dark skin is or how their (4 a/b) hair is good hair, and then make a big deal out of it when someone says differently, like if someone says that light skin is beautiful or more loosely-curled hair is good hair. I don't get why it's always such a concern. It really shouldn't be and, honestly, it doesn't always deserve a thread.


Well Im "light skin" and I was offended by it. Maybe its bc Im from the south but those feelings run deep. There are so many products that are widely available for those with hair types that are not from Africa descent. So why target one group? To me those product are readily available. But what is not available is products for AA women that WONT harm our hair. Also I see the point was mad that there are blonds vs brunettes etc, but that lacks the history that this whole light skin vs dark skin stupidity holds. And not to be rude, but if it doesnt always deserve a thread those who think so need not reply (or maybe this was one of those times that it did deserve one *shrugs*). I see this as a problem bc here we are as beautiful black women giving this company our money. Its this whole ignorant notion that light skin is better than dark skin. I doubt anyone one would be offended if someone said a light skin woman was beautiful BUT if they put her next to a dark skin woman and someone asked why the woman was beautiful and the person replied "bc she's light skin", I could see that being a problem. But its this whole slave mentality we as a ppl have. Here we are in the big house all over again, making our selves look bad while others watch on and laugh. smdh.

mrscoutrmmm

Posts : 59
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 30
Location : norfolk,va

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by Indigo.Blue on 19th January 2011, 3:34 am

I totally agree J.SM....we are on the same page...

@Creolebeauty: we have debated this issue on another post and I understand where you are coming from...but I think we tend to search for things that will confirm our beliefs while ignoring all other evidence...african americans are the newest culture in the world. Because we are constantly playing catch-up, we change like the weather...if the media put Whoopie on tv, we get mad and say why they gotta pick the ugly black people...then the media focuses their attention on Tyra, but she is not black enough for us...Hallie is mixed so she doesn't count either...how about Oprah??? Oh she doesn't count because she is too old...who will be good enough??? There are plenty of black women represented but we ignore them and that is not fair to the Queen Latifa's and others...when we see the dark skin and full lips like model Alek Wek... we don't appreciate them or plaster their pictures on our walls for inspiration...
About the bombshell...1930-1960s we were still dealing with segregation and severe diiscrimination. Also remember that black people only makes up about 13% of the American population. That means, statistically, there is room for 1 black person on that list.


Last edited by Indigo.Blue on 19th January 2011, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Indigo.Blue

Posts : 164
Join date : 2010-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by Indigo.Blue on 19th January 2011, 3:47 am

@mrscoutrmmm: is it a slave mentality when someone prefers a blond over a brunette? If you put a blond next to a brunette and someone says they prefer one girl because she is blond is that anything other than preference??? It is human nature and I am bothered when black people demonstrate the same behaviors as the rest of the world...but our reason is because of a slave mentality...that is not fair. I am just as beautifully human as the rest of the world and I have a preference...whether it be tall, dark, light, muscular, thin, athletic...

You asked why target one group??? I have never seen a product before Mixed Chick that was designed for that population...so, we are allowed to have Carol's Daughter and KCKT, but they shouldn't have Mixed Chicks???

You say it is ignorant to say light skin is better than dark skin but is it equally ignorant to say that dark skin guys are sexy???


Last edited by Indigo.Blue on 19th January 2011, 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Indigo.Blue

Posts : 164
Join date : 2010-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by creolebeauty1 on 19th January 2011, 3:51 am

@indigo you prove my point by naming the people you name it is so scarce that we can't barely find 1 or 2 women that are models , actresses and so on to represent women of color i don't have a problem with The Tyra's the Halle berry's , the Beyonce's , the Keri Hilson's but besides maybe a few brown and dark skin women do not have much to look up too , that's why it is important now to celebrate those beauties as much as the Josephine Bakers and Dorothy Dandridge of the past and that bombshell show was focused on beauties from the 20's until now not 1 brown or dark woman not one SMH that's not right i'm all for celebrating all beauties and i do feel that Black people in general have an issue accepting their selves truly because of those shinnanigans , Why are we the only race or people that celebrate beauties that are closer to white it almost seems in order for a black woman to qualifies as beautiful or acceptable she has to be light skin her hair most be curly and as far as mixed chicks they are entitled to selling and targeting whomever they want as far as hair type but as we all already know hair types and curl pattern is not determine by skin complexion so why would they as a company that's selling product for people with curly hair support the light skin chic but not the dark skin ones ?
avatar
creolebeauty1

Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by J.S.M. on 19th January 2011, 3:51 am

Indigo.Blue wrote:@mrscoutrmmm: is it a slave mantality when someone prefers a blond over a brunette? If you put a blond next to a brunette and someone says they prefer one girl because she is blond is that anything other than preference??? It is human nature and I am bothered when black people demonstrate the same behaviors as the rest of the world...but our reason is because of a slave mantality...that is not fair. I am just as beautifully human as the rest of the world and I have a preference...whether it be tall, dark, light, muscular, thin, athletic...

You asked why target one group??? I have never seen a product before Mixed Chick that was designed for that population...so, we are allowed to have Carol's Daughter and KCKT, but they shouldn't have Mixed Chicks???

You say it is ignorant to say light skin is better than dark skin but is it equally ignorant to say that dark skin guys are sexy???

+1.

mrscoutrmmm wrote:Well Im "light skin" and I was offended by it. Maybe its bc Im from the south but those feelings run deep. There are so many products that are widely available for those with hair types that are not from Africa descent. So why target one group? To me those product are readily available. But what is not available is products for AA women that WONT harm our hair. Also I see the point was mad that there are blonds vs brunettes etc, but that lacks the history that this whole light skin vs dark skin stupidity holds. And not to be rude, but if it doesnt always deserve a thread those who think so need not reply (or maybe this was one of those times that it did deserve one *shrugs*). I see this as a problem bc here we are as beautiful black women giving this company our money. Its this whole ignorant notion that light skin is better than dark skin. I doubt anyone one would be offended if someone said a light skin woman was beautiful BUT if they put her next to a dark skin woman and someone asked why the woman was beautiful and the person replied "bc she's light skin", I could see that being a problem. But its this whole slave mentality we as a ppl have. Here we are in the big house all over again, making our selves look bad while others watch on and laugh. smdh.

A thread shouldn't be replied to by only those people who all agree with each other. The OP was asking everyone's opinion, so I gave her mine, which happens to disagree with the obvious norm. Why would anyone want to read a thread where everyone is just agreeing with everyone else? That would be completely uninteresting. Just because my opinion doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't mean I don't have just as much of a right to speak it as you do. As long as I'm not rude or mean or anything, there's no reason that I shouldn't express my opinion. I'm sorry, but there's no way that I couldn't have taken that comment as rude, and just saying "not to be rude" doesn't take away anything from the actual rudeness of the comment.

I'm not even going to bother to respond to the rest of your statement because...well, I don't want to. Neutral

J.S.M.

Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-11-10
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! on 19th January 2011, 3:58 am

Indigo.Blue wrote:The unpopular opinion:
...if someone would have said dark skin chicks are beautiful...there is peace on earth...but if someone says team light skin...all hell breaks loose...same thing with hairb texture...if I said I have good hair and I am type 4 no one says anything...but if a type 3 says she has good hair, there is a problem...

Now, please don't interpret my opinion as an endorcement for this behavior...I just like things to be balanced...

I agree! In the case that dark skin is represented or celebrated, it's almost like it's rejoiced and 'Ooh, That's a beautiful Black woman' But if it is a light skinned female then there is uproar. 'Why does she have to be light skinned' or 'She looks like she's white' No one has control over the hue of their skin so why does it matter?
avatar
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 27
Location : Anchorage, AK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by Indigo.Blue on 19th January 2011, 4:01 am

@creolebeauty:
I think we need to appreciate the black people we have...we are asking for more, but we don't acknowledge the beautiful black people in the media. On every news show there is at least 1 black person (and they are always attractive), in music we have the Jill Scotts, Indias, and Lauryns...they are there. I don't know what you are asking for because I see the beautiful black women that are a reflection of me everyday...How many will be sufficient???
avatar
Indigo.Blue

Posts : 164
Join date : 2010-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by creolebeauty1 on 19th January 2011, 4:05 am

Blonde vs brunettes are different because they don't have slavery and light skin being house negroes and dark skin being field negroes in their history as black people we were programmed to be just the way we are and until we wake up and smell the coffee will we truly advanced , there is nothing wrong with having preferences , but if you have to tear down the group you don't prefer for the one you like that's when i feel that this person is actually insecure about their choice and feel the ned to excuse it and explain it like black men that date white women they sometimes feel the need to explain their choice and accuse black women of everything under the sun when it's simply a preference if i prefer white men do i have to tear down the black men to explain why i date white men exclusively
To me that's the same thing it's okay for a company to say this product here is just for "dark skin " , or just for "light skin people " that's fine but how will mix chicks fit that category when they claim to sell product for curly haired people last i checked any shades or even race can have curly hair
IF a guy prefer dark skin women does he have to be be rude or call light skin women ugly ?
We are entitled to our preferences but there is no need for me to hate what's not my preference
I just think all shades should be seen and represented equally until than , this wars will always occur
avatar
creolebeauty1

Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by creolebeauty1 on 19th January 2011, 4:12 am

I appreciate every one we have based on their talent whether that person is dark brown or light what 'm saying is how come from than until now Light skin women have always been put on a pedestal by the media and hollywood and our society and it needs to stop the whole "you pretty for a dark skin chic " and you hair is nappy and need a hot comb , your hair is to nappy to be natural , stay away from the sun so you don;t get to dark didn't come from no where and until those notions disappear from our psyche this issues will arise
Why can't a black woman just be beautiful whether her hair is kinky or curly , whether she is light or dark thats what i cannot understand and want to cease to exist
avatar
creolebeauty1

Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by Indigo.Blue on 19th January 2011, 4:21 am

[quote="creolebeauty1" there is nothing wrong with having preferences , but if you have to tear down the group you don't prefer for the one you like that's when i feel that this person is actually insecure about their choice and feel the ned to excuse it and explain it like black men that date white women they sometimes feel the need to explain their choice and accuse black women of everything under the sun when it's simply a preference if i prefer white men do i have to tear down the black men to explain why i date white men exclusively [/quote]

I totally agree with that point...

I think it is funny how, according to some people, I respond to things because of my ancestor's programming...Really??? That is like when people say that black people straighten their hair because of slavery and other reasons our ancestors may have had...most people straightened their hair because our mothers straightened our hair...period...not because of some secret desire to be white. There is such a disconnect between my environment today and the environment/world of yesterday...If I say I love a light skin brother, I don't want anyone telling me that I have a slave mentality...it is just a preference...it is like the difference between a stripper and an exotic dancer...two people can do the same exact thing but it is given a different name deprnding on which group is doing the dancing...I don't care about my slavery background (I say that in the nicest way)...that does not have that much weight on the decisions I make today...do blond v. Brunette is the same exact thing as light v. Dark...
avatar
Indigo.Blue

Posts : 164
Join date : 2010-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum