CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

master cleanse ?

+10
PrincessJaye82
Mangos&Bananas
Loving me
misskris
Madeaj
makeupvixen
CiaE
Niqui36
letha
creolebeauty1
14 posters

Go down

master cleanse ? Empty master cleanse ?

Post by creolebeauty1 20th January 2011, 1:11 pm

Anyone out here ever tried master cleanse i'm thinking about trying it and cut out on my meat intake i'm a hard core sushi eating carnivore but i want to cut down and thought i would start the MC but i'm having a big problem that sea salt flush in the morning will not stay down at all Sad HELP
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

master cleanse ? Empty Re: master cleanse ?

Post by letha 20th January 2011, 1:52 pm

Is this the one with the maple syrup and water or maybe I am thinking about another cleanse..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 20th January 2011, 2:59 pm

It is the one with maple syrup and lemonade. I tried it but only lasted 2 days!
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 20th January 2011, 3:03 pm

i was going to do that but i havent found a perfect time to start
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 21st January 2011, 1:04 am

I do the Master Cleanse for the first 3-4 weeks of every new year. It's a very hard process. Like the first few days i have headaches, body aches, and cravings. Sometimes I will have to have an orange or something in the evening. But other than that it's still very hard. I tried chewing gum and stuff and that doesn't work. It's best that I occupy my time with something else and try not to think about food.

I don't feel any more energy, but I am a little meaner, lol. NO FOOD LEAVE ME ALONE ROOAAARRRRR! LOL.

The better part for me is switching back over to regualr food. You have to go slow, You have to eat like fruit and salads for a week before normal foods. If you can get use to fruits and salads when you are coming off the cleanse then that's a great way to start a new way of life and new diet.

But doing the cleanse is rough. Oh and don't let me mention the more pain I get when aunt flow arrives while on this cleanse, and I'm not one to ever get cramps.

Also I do recommend you opt for the Vibrant Cleanse, it's pre made. I;m still on my semi cleanse and the Vibrant container is at my desk at work. When I get home I get to snack so that's why I say semi. There is too much going on in my life to not have the energy, headaches and stuff so I can't do the full cleanse. But to try and measure stuff every day is time consuming and then trying to get the amount of cayanne pepper gets on my nerves.

Oh and the poop isn't any joke either. SPICY! lol
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 21st January 2011, 1:23 am

LMAO OMG i made it DAY 1 i haven't had my tea yet but i think i made it lol
And yes i was talking about the lemonade diet with lemons cayenne pepper and stuff i lasted a week last time and had headaches the first 3 days but this time around i'm so focus the only time i have issues is when my boyfriend decides to eat hamburgers and pizza in front of me so i made him eat in the car lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 21st January 2011, 1:24 am

That master cleanse thing sounds a bit dangerous. Isn't it basically starving yourself for about two weeks? Does that help with your health?
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 21st January 2011, 1:28 am

Some people do it for 40 days i would pass out but it was made by vegans for when they stop eating meat to veggies
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st January 2011, 1:51 pm

Yeah, i don't know about doing that either, Creole. I mean I know lots of people do it but you need something in your system, I would at LEAST do a fruit/veggie cleanse. All you would eat is fruits and veggies and of course drink water, green tea or whatever kind of tea. And that way you're still getting something in your stomach and somme needed nutrients. Be careful.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 21st January 2011, 2:24 pm

Niqui36 wrote:It is the one with maple syrup and lemonade. I tried it but only lasted 2 days!

I lasted 3 days Ha Ha! (lol)

after day three I fried some chicken, it was not for me. I know peole whom it was effective for, however, for me, I need to cut out the cookies and the bread and get off my orca ass and work out.

Everything in moderation, listen to your body and if its too much try something else. This cleanse is serious.
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas 21st January 2011, 2:24 pm

Im going to do it Very Happy as soon as I find the right time. I researched and it seems pretty safe..congrats on day1 lol.
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 21st January 2011, 4:01 pm

Loving me wrote:
Niqui36 wrote:It is the one with maple syrup and lemonade. I tried it but only lasted 2 days!

after day three I fried some chicken, it was not for me. I know peole whom it was effective for, however, for me, I need to cut out the cookies and the bread and get off my orca ass and work out.

Everything in moderation, listen to your body and if its too much try something else. This cleanse is serious.

Yes it is serious!!! I could feel myself becoming dehydrated and I couldn't MAKE myself drink enough of the lemonade like I was supposed to. I'm not one who drinks much of ANYTHING so it was hard trying to just drink that stuff (it was nasty)! I wasn't really hungry though but I could tell my body wasn't getting enough to go on. I might give it another try one day.......it definately made me appreciate food more though. lol!
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 21st January 2011, 6:07 pm

Day 2 bounce , i didn't have to work today so i slept most of the day and skipped the sea salt water flush i just take senna tablets at night and senna tea in the morning and green tea for lunch instead of lemonade i only had 3 cups so far i been drinking a lot more water this time around
I plan on heading back to the gym after my 7 days i will do another week with fruits and veggies than i'm hitting the gym i hope to lose 10 pounds Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessJaye82 21st January 2011, 6:30 pm

I couldn't do the master cleanse because the ingredients itself scare me lol.

Have you tried Dr. Ian Smith's Fat Smash Diet? You still get to eat but it's basically weaning yourself off of meat and sweets for the first 9 days which is called the Detox phase.
PrincessJaye82
PrincessJaye82

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 21st January 2011, 6:53 pm

Jay Robb has a fruit detox.. For the 1st day you drink protein water with the powdered protein all day long and for dinner you eat a huge salad.. Then the other 2 days you eat fruit like every 2-3 hrs.. I think the same is for that protein water too.. Every 2-3 hrs..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 21st January 2011, 6:58 pm

@ letha my mom did that 1 to help reduce her cholesterol i will try it next time but i had maple syrup and lemon and senna from last time i did it so it was easy to start lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 21st January 2011, 10:16 pm

I'm more of the old school type of girl....
I eat right and hit the gym hard...I personally think that it is healthier than those "master cleanses"...

truth is whatever you lose you'll gain it back if you go back to old bad eating habits....and not exercising...

just my humble opinion....
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 21st January 2011, 11:00 pm

fanmnatirel wrote:I'm more of the old school type of girl....
I eat right and hit the gym hard...I personally think that it is healthier than those "master cleanses"...

truth is whatever you lose you'll gain it back if you go back to old bad eating habits....and not exercising...

just my humble opinion....

Co-sign. No one keeps weight off with those kind of diets... Ahem, "cleanses"... Your body is not designed to run off of liquids only. Not only that but regular use of laxatives can have negative long term effects. Do you really want to possibly permanently lose control of your bowels to lose a few lbs that you will gain right back plus some? Idk, be careful honey. Think about it.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 21st January 2011, 11:37 pm

I'm fine ladies but thanks
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 22nd January 2011, 1:19 am

It's not a diet for me, it the begining of a new way of eating, it's just a flush. I do get nutrients from it, it's designed that way. But it's not some diet I do to lose weight, a glass of lemonade isn't a weight lost reggie
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 22nd January 2011, 1:25 am

Loving me wrote:

LOL...are we related? Yep...less cookies and bread...and more movement...that's me!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 22nd January 2011, 11:41 am

OMG day 3 is kicking my .. Sad today is usually gym day but i'm scared to work out i locked my pantry lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylouisedesigns 29th January 2011, 10:17 pm

@creolebeauty1 Its safe if done correctly... Like with anything we do, it requires patience and discipline....
I did it a few years ago and I lost 10lbs...
I am planning to do it again next week.
I skip the salt water flush and doubled up on the tea and increased my water intake. I only do it for 10days no more no less. Its not supposed to be done for more than 14days.
You'll see what works vs. what doesn't. And 90% of it is mind over matter. Just like dealing with our hair, we think its too much/too hard but once you jump into it you learn Smile

Lots of luck!!!
rubylouisedesigns
rubylouisedesigns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down