CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a proper way to measure length?

3 posters

Go down

Is there a proper way to measure length? Empty Is there a proper way to measure length?

Post by DreamMerchant 19th January 2011, 8:44 am

Hey curlies,

Is there a proper way to measure length or is it up to the person measuring it? I measure from root to tip. Some people measure from their hair line all the way back. Each method yeilds extremely different results. For example. If I measure a piece (back of neck) of hair from root to tip then I get 15 inches. If I measure that same piece of hair from the start of my hair line to the ends then I get 27 inches.

Ugh...I do not know how to say this....

OK, it makes sense to me (which is worth a hill of beans) to measure from root to tip because that is the exact point at which the hair is growing. If I measue my hair from my hairline, that hair in the back does not start there so why measure from there? I am asking because I was on a couple of different youtube videos where ladies were measure their hair and some got chewed out because they measure from root to tip. Others got chewed out because they measure from hairline back.

Which is it?

NOTE: My "w's" on my key board are not working too well since my daughter did something to it. If I am missing "w's" just look over it!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Is there a proper way to measure length? Empty Re: Is there a proper way to measure length?

Post by Vanisia3G 19th January 2011, 9:52 am

I would say root to tip...that makes the most sense to me
Vanisia3G
Vanisia3G

Back to top Go down

Is there a proper way to measure length? Empty Re: Is there a proper way to measure length?

Post by laleepop14 19th January 2011, 11:37 am

I would say root to tip also makes more sense to me.
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down