CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best twistouts?

+12
freckledmom4
DreamMerchant
MissyCee
naturallynola
Ambitious_Tiff
laleepop14
Takeya
curl_Gurl
justicenga
BajanPrincess82
ajsimmons8
NaturallyBriaful
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The best twistouts? - Page 2 Empty Re: The best twistouts?

Post by freckledmom4 20th January 2011, 8:50 pm

I agree.^ When I started twisting more, the better the results got. I know that my hair has to be packed with moisture for good definition and I can get it to last 3 days with mini pinapples or just retwisting the side that I sleep on. Now if I could just learn to keep my twists to last more than 2 days I'd be ahappy camper:)
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by mztrna 21st January 2011, 1:49 pm

I am in the same boat! I have been doing twist outs on dry hair for a few months and while the front and sides are gorgeous the back of my head looks a poofy mess! However I do agree that less product is better. I just mix aloe vera juice, olive oil and organix coconut conditioner in a spray bottle. This leaves my hair so soft.

mztrna

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessRN 22nd January 2011, 1:34 pm

mztrna wrote:I am in the same boat! I have been doing twist outs on dry hair for a few months and while the front and sides are gorgeous the back of my head looks a poofy mess! However I do agree that less product is better. I just mix aloe vera juice, olive oil and organix coconut conditioner in a spray bottle. This leaves my hair so soft.

Mztrna, I have had the same problem with the front and sides looking gorgeous and the back being poofy and dry. I always had to salvage my twistout ro braidout by pulling it up into a puff. I have been having better results now that I have found products that moisturize my hair better. With the right moisturizer on the back of my hair now, it is cooperating much better and giving me definition with very little frizz. I have actually been able to wear my styles out instead of pulled up.
PrincessRN
PrincessRN

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyBriaful 25th January 2011, 6:33 pm

""I agree.^ When I started twisting more, the better the results got. I know that my hair has to be packed with moisture for good definition and I can get it to last 3 days with mini pinapples or just retwisting the side that I sleep on. Now if I could just learn to keep my twists to last more than 2 days I'd be ahappy camper:)""

hah!! Thats what im sayin'! They dont last no more than two days.. Sad
NaturallyBriaful
NaturallyBriaful

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 26th January 2011, 12:21 pm

I will generally retwist to get mine to last. I sleep rough y'all! A sista has flathead syndome- daily! I also tried the mini pineaple technique and that helped. But eventually I spritz and retwist after a day or 2.

@Naturallybria- I used the curls creme brulee with their goddess glaze for hold. The creme brule just doesn't have enough hold for me.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kthaler10 28th January 2011, 6:16 pm

I have always done twist outs because twists are an easy way to let my hair dry when I wash. I am seriously always on the go so I generall twist my hair after washing, then wear a twist out for a week. I keep my twist outs in up do's and buns throughout the week the keep my ends tucked under! However! I think I am going to switch up to braid outs and see if I like the definition better because I have seen some FIERCE braid outs!

@naturallynona, I need to pick up a satin pillowcase because I find that when I wear my satin cap everything gets flat ESPECIALLY because I have too much hair to fit under there now lol
Kthaler10
Kthaler10

http://www.kendrathaler-hair.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2