CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get my twistouts to hang

2 posters

Go down

How to get my twistouts to hang Empty How to get my twistouts to hang

Post by C. 12th September 2010, 11:31 pm

I just did my hair 2 days ago and I think it's cute. I've got compliments on it and everything, but I just dont like the poofiness of it. My hair is in flat twists up the sides and the back is flat twisted towards the middle so that i can twist/braid/ roll the ends up my head, kinda like a french roll. the top of my hair is in twists for a twist out but it wont hang. My hair is 5 inches long but looks like 2 inches because of shrinkage. I twisted my hair damp because wet/semi-wet sets give me longer lasting definition versus dry twisting. The front of my hair is to the tip of my nose stretched, but it barely touches my forehead when twisted/ un twisted.

I've tried putting them on rods thinking the weight of the rod would weight the twists down some, but it just makes for a tighter curl; cute, but not what i'm going for.

Can anyone please give me some tips on how to get my hair to hang?

C.

Back to top Go down

How to get my twistouts to hang Empty Re: How to get my twistouts to hang

Post by Curlock Holmes 13th September 2010, 12:01 am

Try flat twisting them downwards, if that makes sense. Like, make vertical parts from the center of your head (or your side part) and then flat twist each section. It tends to make a more tamed and downward style (as well as not separating too much).

HTH
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down