CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twistouts

+4
blackricangirl
C.
DreamMerchant
jlowman1
8 posters

Go down

Twistouts Empty Twistouts

Post by jlowman1 30th August 2010, 8:14 pm

Ladies, I have a dilemma. I usually wash and go but since I've been doing them on a daily basis my single strand knots have been ridiculous. I used to do my hair in a twistout puff but I cant seem to get the definition I used to get. So my question(s) is/are

What product(s) do you use to get the best twistout results? Do you do your twists on wet or dry hair? What techniques do you use?

TIA!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Twistouts Empty Re: Twistouts

Post by DreamMerchant 30th August 2010, 10:49 pm

What has changed in your routine? You said that you used to get definition and now you don't. Is your hair longer or something?
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 30th August 2010, 10:54 pm

Its longer but I don't think its the length. I was using so many products back then that I don't remember what it was that was giving me such good definition.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 31st August 2010, 12:19 am

I get really good definition from twisting on damp hair. Wet hair takes too long to dry and since I usually do this style before bed, the wet twists flatten out while I sleep. On damp hair i apply some shea butter or oil (a very little bit) and then a fingertipful of eco styler gel (olive oil) and then twist. After like 5 minutes (literally), they're dry and very defined.

hope this helps Very Happy p.s. love the avatar!!

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by blackricangirl 31st August 2010, 1:08 am

A few months ago I couldn't do a twistout to save my life. Back then I was trying to use shea butter, which now I know is too heavy for my hair. Also before I used to put a lot of twist in my hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've been noticing that less is best when it comes to my hair. Water and EVOO.
blackricangirl
blackricangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 31st August 2010, 9:35 am

blackricangirl wrote:A few months ago I couldn't do a twistout to save my life. Back then I was trying to use shea butter, which now I know is too heavy for my hair. Also before I used to put a lot of twist in my hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've been noticing that less is best when it comes to my hair. Water and EVOO.

Hey girl!! I love your hair...how r ya?
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 31st August 2010, 11:17 am

KCC09 wrote:I get really good definition from twisting on damp hair. Wet hair takes too long to dry and since I usually do this style before bed, the wet twists flatten out while I sleep. On damp hair i apply some shea butter or oil (a very little bit) and then a fingertipful of eco styler gel (olive oil) and then twist. After like 5 minutes (literally), they're dry and very defined.

hope this helps Very Happy p.s. love the avatar!!

Thanks KCC09! Very Happy

blackricangirl wrote:A few months ago I couldn't do a twistout to save my life. Back then I was trying to use shea butter, which now I know is too heavy for my hair. Also before I used to put a lot of twist in my hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've been noticing that less is best when it comes to my hair. Water and EVOO.

Thanks for your suggestion! Shea butter is really heavy on my really fine hair too.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 31st August 2010, 12:30 pm

Blackricangirl gave good advice that may work for you. You all appear to have similar textures. I cant wait to see your results.....You know I [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Twistouts!!

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 31st August 2010, 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 31st August 2010, 1:04 pm

My hair is fine and overly porous, so the less products I use, the better. I usually do them on damp hair. I use my spray bottle (water, coconut oil, lavender oil) to keep it moist during the process. Before twisting, I apply Phyto 7 daily moisturizer from root to ends (focusing on the ends). When untwisting, I rub EVCO on my hands to cut down on the frizz. I LOVE the results!!!

My avatar pic is with a fresh twistout (if you can see it).
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 31st August 2010, 4:50 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Blackricangirl gave good advice that make work for you. You all appear to have similar textures. I cant wait to see your results.....You know I [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Twistouts!!

You are the queen of twists/twistouts! I'll post my results in my Curl Street journal!

MelMelBee wrote:My hair is fine and overly porous, so the less products I use, the better. I usually do them on damp hair. I use my spray bottle (water, coconut oil, lavender oil) to keep it moist during the process. Before twisting, I apply Phyto 7 daily moisturizer from root to ends (focusing on the ends). When untwisting, I rub EVCO on my hands to cut down on the frizz. I LOVE the results!!!

My avatar pic is with a fresh twistout (if you can see it).

Thanks MelMelBee, your avi is fierce! I'll try to keep it as simple as possible. Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sequoia 31st August 2010, 6:42 pm

I get my best twistouts on dry/slightly damp hair. I lightly spritz my hair, seal with my shea butter mix, and do medium sized twists. I let them airdry overnight and then take them down in the morning with a little coconut oil.
Sequoia
Sequoia

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 31st August 2010, 11:34 pm

@jloman1 Thanks...it took me a while to find the perfect combo, but I like the results...Happy Twisting Smile
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blackricangirl 1st September 2010, 12:12 am

BrownSkinDiva wrote:

Hey girl!! I love your hair...how r ya?

Hey hun!!! Thanks and all is well. You remember it was period where I was getting tired and frustrated with this head of mine. Patience was definitely the key. Of course you know I love you hair especially those buns. I can't wait until I can get a high bun.
blackricangirl
blackricangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down