CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did your hair grow better once you chopped those relaxed ends??

+6
BlondeByDesire
BrownSkinDiva
naybesa
creolebeauty1
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
tpayne22
10 posters

Go down

Did your hair grow better once you chopped those relaxed ends?? Empty Did your hair grow better once you chopped those relaxed ends??

Post by tpayne22 13th January 2011, 2:42 am

I have a question ladies...

For those that have transitioned for a while and BC or transitioned for a long time til a desired length was achieved and chopped...

Here is my question. Do you feel that your hair grew stronger or faster or both once you ridded your hair of those relaxed ends?
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Did your hair grow better once you chopped those relaxed ends?? Empty Re: Did your hair grow better once you chopped those relaxed ends??

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 13th January 2011, 3:12 am

Not that I noticed. It just looked neater.
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Did your hair grow better once you chopped those relaxed ends?? Empty Re: Did your hair grow better once you chopped those relaxed ends??

Post by creolebeauty1 13th January 2011, 3:35 am

YES i have been noticing that , i have been transitioning for 10 months now and last month i was getting impatient on seeing my hair so i cut the relax ends of the back and a my bang piece in the front and the other day i was checking my length it seems the back in the front are growing and getting much thicker than the part with the relax ends but i 'm not sure because i do have 2 sub types of 4's on my head and the parts with the relax ends is also a different type than the one all natural but i'm more incline to believe without the perm my hair seems to grow faster but i'm still scared to cut it all off i want to wait until April lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by naybesa 13th January 2011, 4:03 am

mine sure did, like my hair grew really slow while it was relaxer as soon as i cut off those relaxed ends it was like my hair could breath or something and its been growing like crazy
naybesa
naybesa

https://www.youtube.com/NayBesa

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 13th January 2011, 4:24 am

I probably also should add that my relaxed ends were gradually cut off, immediately braided and had a couple packs of Remy sewn into it over the course of a year. That could be why I didn't notice rate of growth change. lol
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 13th January 2011, 9:53 am

Id say that I took better care of my hair and therefore noticed more growth after my relaxed ends were cut off...
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 13th January 2011, 10:17 am

Yea I'm really thinking of BC sooner than expected. Its becoming really hard to style the two textures. I mean I flat twisted rows in my head before I went to bed and it was so hard not to pop strands. I really don't want to be creating split ends for my natural hair.

I have more relaxed than natural right now and if I focus more time on it I'd see better results and not cringe when it comes to my hair lol
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 13th January 2011, 11:06 am

Yes, I would say so. And felt much better. Able to work better with it, also performed better as well with styles and washing, etc.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalesque 13th January 2011, 11:24 am

Ditto what brownskindiva said. At 16 months, it was a hassle to wash frequently because I didnt feel like dealing with the two textures (especially since I was cutting my relaxed hair gradually and my natural hair was starting to take over). After the cut, styling/washing became a breeze.
naturalesque
naturalesque

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesi87 13th January 2011, 1:45 pm

Definitely! When I had both types of hair, natural and relaxed, the point at which they both met always tangled. I'd always just rip through the knots, and causing more problems. The knots were rock hard! After I BC'ed, i virtually had no knots. That helped me take better care of my hair, and now its growing ok. I say ok because it still looks short but when stretched its pass my shoulders. Can't wait til I get past this plateau!
Jesi87
Jesi87

Back to top Go down

Post by Color_Me_Coily 13th January 2011, 10:39 pm

I noticed my hair looked thicker, & healthier once those stringly relxed ends were gone =D ...my hair also start growing more ...I feel as though if when I started transitioning in July I shoulda just chopped it all off... because I think I would have more than 3 1/2 inches lol I BC’d in October...needles to say I personally believe when you cut the lifeless relaxed ends off I saw my hair come to life ...also stying was much much much easier... hope this helps

@BlondeByDesire I love your pic & hair.
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaAce2006 14th January 2011, 1:22 am

i don't think that it grew more. Hair is for the most part going to grow at the same rate depending on the person. If your hair always grows 1/2in a mth when you have a relaxer, it's going to still grow the same amt when you're natural. It's just now, since we are learning how to take care of our hair, we are retaining length, making it appear that we have more. just my opinion tho. Smile
DeltaAce2006
DeltaAce2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down