CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it necessay to clip the ends of your "kitchen" to help it grow?

5 posters

Go down

Is it necessay to clip the ends of your "kitchen" to help it grow? Empty Is it necessay to clip the ends of your "kitchen" to help it grow?

Post by MrsJones 10th December 2010, 3:12 pm

The topic Nikki posted today got me thinkin. When I would get my ends trimmed at the salon my aunt would never trim the very back hair that tended to be shorter than everything else. I wonder if that neglect could be why it doesnt ever really seem to catch up with the rest of my hair? Do any of you trim that part of your hair?
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Is it necessay to clip the ends of your "kitchen" to help it grow? Empty Re: Is it necessay to clip the ends of your "kitchen" to help it grow?

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 10th December 2010, 3:28 pm

I've never cut that hair. I have gotten a shape up. I need to go check out that article.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Is it necessay to clip the ends of your "kitchen" to help it grow? Empty Re: Is it necessay to clip the ends of your "kitchen" to help it grow?

Post by misskris 10th December 2010, 3:32 pm

Really???? I never heard of that. But if your ends are damaged they should be trimmed, regardless of where they are. When I trim I trim it all over.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 10th December 2010, 3:36 pm

Yeah I usually get an edge up in the back too, but never trimmed that part. I just dont want it to be like that when I'm finally fully natural
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 10th December 2010, 3:46 pm

Idk I kinda like my kitchen though. Does that sound crazy?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 10th December 2010, 3:50 pm

When I would get my ends trimmed at the salon my aunt would never trim the very back hair that tended to be shorter than everything else. I wonder if that neglect could be why it doesnt ever really seem to catch up with the rest of my hair? Do any of you trim that part of your hair?

Trimming or not trimming the ends of your hair does not control what happens in our hair follicles. Trimming ends may help elimate broken or split endsa and subsequently helping you retain the hair that grows.

This is an area that is often stressed by the pulling and brushing(and the clips, pins and bands) some of use to to make a ponytail or bun. Unless you protect it all the time, the hair in that area also experiences a lot of friction from collars, hats, scarves & headrests. That constant rubbing results in loss of moisture and eventually breakage.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 10th December 2010, 6:35 pm

When I get my hair cut or trimmed...its all of it.
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down