CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Curly Nikki Have major ?'s

4 posters

Go down

New to Curly Nikki Have major ?'s Empty New to Curly Nikki Have major ?'s

Post by Le Le Naturally 12th January 2011, 5:35 pm

I recently decided to go natural (I mean real recent as of January 1, 2011). No it's not a new years thing. I have thought about it for sometime; however, w/ some encouragement from a colleague I made my mind up to do it. She suggests in the transition to keep conditioning my hair. You see I have to shampoo (or 'poo as I've read here) @ least once a week due to a really flaky and itchy scalp. What I want to know is, am I going about this the right way? I use Motions conditioning shampoo, moisturizing conditioner and daily moisturizing hairdressing. Am I doing it right? Please help, because I know me, if I can't get it right I may tuck tail and return to relaxing which I really don't want to do.

Le Le Naturally

Back to top Go down

New to Curly Nikki Have major ?'s Empty Re: New to Curly Nikki Have major ?'s

Post by Karyn 12th January 2011, 5:42 pm

i wash my hair weekly using a moisturizing shampoo (carols daughter tui herbal shampoo), but since it's the winter, a lot of women with natural hair will wash less. maybe co-wash (wash with conditioner to maintain moisture) and then wash with shampoo maybe once a month. it just depends on what your hair needs. if you feel you need to wash weekly, do it. there aren't really any set rules, just do what feels best for your hair & scalp Smile

although, i would probably suggest using a different product line because i'm sure the ingredients are less than ideal. BUT, if it works for you, then keep using it.

hth

eta: i also dc after every wash and moisturize and seal as needed throughout the week
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 12th January 2011, 5:46 pm

Le Le Naturally wrote:I recently decided to go natural (I mean real recent as of January 1, 2011). No it's not a new years thing. I have thought about it for sometime; however, w/ some encouragement from a colleague I made my mind up to do it. She suggests in the transition to keep conditioning my hair. You see I have to shampoo (or 'poo as I've read here) @ least once a week due to a really flaky and itchy scalp. What I want to know is, am I going about this the right way? I use Motions conditioning shampoo, moisturizing conditioner and daily moisturizing hairdressing. Am I doing it right? Please help, because I know me, if I can't get it right I may tuck tail and return to relaxing which I really don't want to do.

Welcome!!! Did you BC? If so, this is common with TWA. and the shampoo (and Motions products) are probably not helping either. Try moisturizing with water and sealing with an oil....
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 12th January 2011, 6:38 pm

washing your hair weekly or bi weekly will be up to how your hair feels and look in between washes , if you are going to shampoo try diluting your shampoo in some water first , or even use a poo bar instead of harsh shampoos i use african black soap as my shampoo every 2 weeks because my hair dry up and matt up when i apply shampoo to it , stay away from sulfates , paraben silicones , mineral oil , petroleum so you need to start reading the ingredient in your products , a few decent priced lines like Giovanni , jane carter solutions to name a few , you also need to Deep condition your hair , use the conditioner of your choice and add some oil like EVOO and honey to it to help it penetrate and always use a leave in and make sure you seal it with an oil of your choice such as Evoo , jojoba , avocado , coconut , and castor oil
The process of sealing in moisture is to wet your hair , apply leave in or whatever water based moisturizer you choose than applying an oil to your hair especially your ends or you can even seal with shea butter any other questions or anything unclear feel free to inbox me or ask Smile
Congrats
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down