CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Curly Nikki!

+13
Lynnieluve
naturalhonney
NylaCoils
renren
LearninToLove
sweetdrk1
vonda4b
Lynnnoni
NubieNatty
tamtam7
d.denise
*CurlyNikki*
NikE
17 posters

Go down

New to Curly Nikki! Empty New to Curly Nikki!

Post by NikE 23rd November 2009, 7:42 pm

Hola Chicas!
I'm new to Curly Nikki and thought I'd introduce myself! Very Happy First off let me just say BIG UP to Curly Nikki! I love the site!

So...my hair story...I had my last relaxer late November 2008, and I BC'd on October 1st, 2009. I'm currently wearing a sew-in, primarily for growth, but also because, transition styling was not my strong point! This whole process has been very exciting, but I'm totally not comfortable rocking my TWA. This is my second install, so my hair has been braided for the last 5 months. I experienced tremendous growth after my first install, and the anticipation of rocking my natural hair is killing me. I'm here in search of some much needed, suggestions and inspiration. I look forward to chatting with you all!

Nikki E
NikE
NikE

Back to top Go down

New to Curly Nikki! Empty Re: New to Curly Nikki!

Post by *CurlyNikki* 23rd November 2009, 7:51 pm

Welcome lovely! I *heart* your avatar! Goodness...you're a long term transitioner! You should definitely submit your story Smile

Check out the 'CurlFriends' forum...talk to Mahoganycurls about her gorgeous TWA!!!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 23rd November 2009, 7:52 pm

welcome! I transitioned with sew-ins too: from June '08 to March '09 I was getting sew-ins every 2 months or so and only letting my hair breathe for a couple days in between. Make sure you moisturize like your life depends on it! Like some serious deep treatments and even if you can reach your braids while you have your sew-in get some moisturizing going on up in there. You'll definitely notice a big difference when it's time to take them out - your hair will thank you!

You're so right about the growth using sew-ins. I wasn't even that mad about the damage I had to cut off because of just how much my hair grew during such a short period of time. What I've learned as I have started to wear my naturally curly hair is that you will get the same growth effect if you just leave you hair alone - which is the hardest thing ever! lol.

Happy Growing!

Is that your TWA in your avatar??? Cuz that is super cute you better rock that!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by NikE 23rd November 2009, 9:25 pm

Thanks ladies! My avatar is a transition style that was inspired by You Tuber Shuantae1, it's a 2-strand twist, bantu knot out. I loved that style. It was just a ton of work and didn't last long on the permed ends, I found that my hair was very dry regardless of the products I used.
@ CurlyNikki I would love to submit my story, but it'll be much more interesting once I rid myself of this sew-in Smile
NikE
NikE

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 28th November 2009, 10:02 am

Hi NikkiE. Welcome to the site. I love your curls in your avatar. GL with the rest of the transition. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th November 2009, 3:07 pm

welcome nikkie, i'd be glad to hear ur story so hurry n submit, lol. girrrrrl dont be scared of the twa's. thats why were here! u should esp be inspired by nadia's story too. dnt worry i was scared to cut my hair becuz i have a 5-head and always got teased on how big my forehead is. i dnt have the patience to deal w/2 textures so i said if im goin natural im gonna do it right and just start fresh. trust me its sooooo worth it. my girlfriends who toggled w/goin natural but wanted to transition ALWAYS ended up gettin a perm becuz they couldnt handle/manage it. do you and good luck!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnnoni 28th November 2009, 4:11 pm

Hello,
My name is Veronica and I'm not that new to Curly Nikki. I've been following this site for about a year, but I am new to the forum. I've been natural for seven years and I absolutely love it!!! I wouldn't go back if my life depended on it!! I do have problems with moisture retention, but I'm getting a lot of help from here. Thanks so much!! Now all I have to do is figure out how to get a pic on here so ya'll can match a name with the hair!! lololol
Thanks
Lynnnoni
Lynnnoni
Lynnnoni

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th November 2009, 6:35 pm

cn posted directions on how to post a pic too
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by vonda4b 28th November 2009, 8:46 pm

WELCOME!!!!!.... I am a currently into my 7th month of transitioning. I don't plan on doing the BC for a while. I want at least 7in before I cut the relaxer off. Your hair is gorgeous.
vonda4b
vonda4b

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th November 2009, 10:18 pm

Welcome!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnnoni 29th November 2009, 12:16 am

Thanks Everybody!!! I found the page to upload a pic!! It took some searching, but I got it!!! I can't wait till I have time to look around and get some good moisture knowledge. I don't know if ya'll know anything about Cincinnati, but the winters are harsh and the summers are hot!!!lololo
Lynnnoni
Lynnnoni

Back to top Go down

New to Curly Nikki! Empty Help!

Post by LearninToLove 31st December 2009, 8:17 pm

I am not getting e-mail notifications of threads I'm watching and I've checked my preferences. Someone please help!
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by renren 31st December 2009, 8:41 pm

Im new myself.... just wanted to say...

Welcome ... your hair is beautiful!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
renren
renren

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 31st December 2009, 9:15 pm

@renren-& learning-- welcome to the forum!

@learning- confirm that you entered the correct email and it it persist email nikki
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 31st December 2009, 10:16 pm

Thank you, Nyla!

I did check my e-mail address and I also pm'd Nikki. Hope it gets fixed soon...it's very irritating...
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 10th January 2010, 7:02 pm

Hello I am new here and I have to say this is my second time around going natural. The first time was in 2002 I decided I wanted locs kept them until 05. It was wash/twist day (I always kept my locs nice and neat) and decided it was too much work so I cut them, they were a lil past shoulder length and beautiful I must say but I thought that they would be less work just to cut them short Well I didn't like the look so I just kept cutting and cutting and cutting needless to say the next day it hit me what I had done! Yikes!!!!!! So I decided to try a texterizer wore that for awhile, I get bored with the same look very quickly so I didn't keep it long and went back to the perm. Well let me tell you June of 08 I took a trip to Florida and decided it was too hot for a perm, I wore my hair in the short Halle Berry signature stlye and yes it was too hot for that I knew I would be back and forth to Florida alot and decided in Sept 0f 08 to go back natural and here I am to stay. I will NEVER put the white crack back in my hair. Locs are nice but I like to free style with my hair I LOOOOOVE MY HAIR!!

CurlyNikki I am loving this site thus far and I am PJ!!! I'm in FL right now and away from my computer but look forward to posting some pics to share as soon as I get back home thanks and be well!!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th January 2010, 7:18 pm

Welcome to the forum Naturalhonney!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 10th January 2010, 7:27 pm

Thank You!! I sit here and wish it was wash day so I can try my new product!! I gotta get a life. lol
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th January 2010, 7:44 pm

I love playing in my hair too. My hair is currently in two strand twist that I plan to wear for two weeks. Wish me luck. LOL!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

New to Curly Nikki! Empty im new too!!

Post by Tierra 11th January 2010, 4:01 am

hello guys. i'm new also!!! i just looovvve this site. Very Happy Very Happy
Tierra
Tierra

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th January 2010, 10:49 am

Welcome Tierra!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 11th January 2010, 11:40 am

Welcome Welcome Welcome lady bug Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by lionessence 14th January 2010, 2:39 am

Hi everyone

My name is Andrena Simmons ( http://lion-essence.blogspot.com). I'm from London, UK.

I've been natural since 2000. I did the big chop in Sept 00 and then started the locing process Jan 2001. It's been 9 yrs and I'm really looking forward to wearing my hair loose. I've just started undoing my hair. It's a very slow tedious process because my locs are very small. So far, I've completed half of my head.

I've been researcing and learning so much about caring for natural hair through your blogs and forums. Honestly, I'm overwhelmed! can some one please help me develop a simple regime. I've been finding so much information that I want to try everything... and then I get in a panic mode.

Please help and many thanks

Kind Regards
Andrena
lionessence
lionessence

http://lion-essence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EagerCurler 23rd January 2010, 6:52 pm

Helllllooooooooooooo Beautiful Curlers!!!!

I am new as well havent had a relaxer in 6 weeks not that long in comparison but its my starting point i have a short hair cut and dont plan on doing the BC just yet!!!! (Im learning the sites lingo already [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

But I just wantd some help on the products and regimen I should use during my transition...
EagerCurler
EagerCurler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down