CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does your hair have a "good side"?

+6
ChrsLvsBks
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
LadyMika
Loving me
BajanPrincess82
courtrhapsody
10 posters

Go down

Does your hair have a "good side"? Empty Does your hair have a "good side"?

Post by courtrhapsody 10th January 2011, 12:59 pm

My left side grows so much thicker and faster than my right side. It was the same way when I relaxed, my right side broke off so much it always looked like I was wearing an asymmetrical haircut! As my hair is growing out natural, it is the same deal. The length retention just isn't there on the right side. Also, my left side fluffs up and gets nice volume when I use my products, the right side just sort of sits there. Anyone else have this? My husband tells me it is not very noticeable but when I do my hair it drives me CRAZY.
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Does your hair have a "good side"? Empty Re: Does your hair have a "good side"?

Post by BajanPrincess82 10th January 2011, 1:05 pm

The difference in my left and and right side is very noticeable! the left side is thicker, grows faster, and has mainly waves and curls. The right side is straight up curly and appears to be thicker, but its really not. The middle of my hair is tightly curled and the back/nape area is curly like the left/front side. For this reason, I don't wear wash and goes b/c my hair looks so lopsided when left to do its own thing/curl on its own.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 10th January 2011, 1:12 pm

Good side= The back of my head. grows fast and is much softer and curlier than the rest. The crown of my head is bipolar. Sometimes it will curl and sometimes it wont. It likes just being a fro! lol.
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 10th January 2011, 1:14 pm

The BACK OF MY HEAD. It's the only part of my head that has a UNIFORM TEXTURE. Neutral The rest pretty much does whatever the hell it wants, i.e.: DOES NOT define, shrinks like high hell, big loose curls mixed up with the medium and small curls. But that's alright, because they're about to be LOC'D UP in about 1-5 months. Laughing
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 10th January 2011, 2:06 pm

My left side is my good side right now. It's longer and thicker than the right side. Idk if thats bc of my hair though or bc of the way it grew out from the short cut I had. I never really got it shaped up.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th January 2011, 3:02 pm

OMGoodness, yes, I have issues with certain sections of my hair also. The hair above my ears and at my nape is difficult to deal with. I think I find a product it likes and then it stops working. It is porous, coarse and does not want to hold moisture at all. Instead of fighting with it, I have pledged to baby it and section it off when conditioning, deep conditioning and prepooing. I really need to get it to grow. The hair in those areas is at least six inches shorter than my crown.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 10th January 2011, 3:21 pm

it use to be the middle when i was relaxed it was always longer and thicker , now that i'm transitioning and really baby my hair the middle is a different texture and looks great but the back that use to be short etc seems to be getting longer than the middle but i also did take the relaxed ends in the back out of curiosity also now not only the middle one side is more defined but i'm a mixture and texture i like my 4b back better than the 4 a middle and right side because the back seems to grow faster or appear longer the middle is tightly curled when stretch it's long but looks about 4 inches long
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by drksista81 10th January 2011, 9:34 pm

My right side grows faster than the left and I have a big section that is a 3b/3c pattern while the rest of my hair is 4a. This drives me crazy, I cut my hair 2mths ago evenly and now the right side is still about a inch longer than the left.
drksista81
drksista81

https://www.youtube.com/drksista81

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 10th January 2011, 11:23 pm

My left side it my food side. The curls are so shiney and soft and the humidity does not bother it. The right side just acts a fool. Hence the double name for mane "Drusilla/Maverick"
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 11th January 2011, 1:04 am

I heard a loong time ago that it depends on the side you sleep on..the side you sleep on will always be a lil shorter or different...I'm not sure where I heard this from though lol
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 11th January 2011, 12:20 pm

I heard that too, so I've been trying to sleep on my left side, but it just ain't working! I break out more on the right side of my face also, so I've been trying to switch up the way I sleep for that reason too.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down