CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you favor one side of your hair?

+15
Nessa101
C.
goombagirl
DvaAuNaturel
Renny
PanaR3dd
Curlock Holmes
Lysheba89
BajanPrincess82
tiffytaffey
rayray19
Ms.Mai
Keisha
blondie
Bun_Ana
19 posters

Go down

Do you favor one side of your hair? Empty Do you favor one side of your hair?

Post by Bun_Ana 1st September 2010, 8:06 pm

Ok, maybe its just me, but...

I love the right side of my head! lol. It's always fluffier and more defined than my left side for some strange reason. It's not that I don't like the left side, it's great too! But the right side is my favorite. I love you lol.

Maybe its because I'm right handed.

Anyone else have a favorite side or section of their hair that's just always on point?
Bun_Ana
Bun_Ana

http://bunanamarie.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Do you favor one side of your hair? Empty Re: Do you favor one side of your hair?

Post by blondie 1st September 2010, 8:18 pm

The right side. Don't know why, it just "acks" right the majority of the time! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Do you favor one side of your hair? Empty Re: Do you favor one side of your hair?

Post by Keisha 1st September 2010, 8:33 pm

the right back section of my hair has some amazing curls but its shorter than the left side... so annoying but I love it all just the same.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Mai 2nd September 2010, 1:01 am

I just BC my hair about a month ago and still learning about it, but I do know that the middle section going towards the back I L.O.V.E. Its always obeys what I want compared to the rebellious front! Razz
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 2nd September 2010, 1:15 am

I just did my BC a month ago too and i love the top part of my hair..its the most define and seems to grow the fastest

I got this one big curl at the top that i LOVE I play with it all the time Very Happy
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffytaffey 2nd September 2010, 11:19 am

I don't have a left or right side favorite but I will say that the front and the back are the BEST.......the crown of my head gives me the blues Sad every time I do something to my hair.
tiffytaffey
tiffytaffey

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 2nd September 2010, 11:35 am

tiffytaffey wrote:I don't have a left or right side favorite but I will say that the front and the back are the BEST.......the crown of my head gives me the blues Sad every time I do something to my hair.
Me too! The crown and I don't get along too well.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysheba89 2nd September 2010, 11:38 am

My aunt, who is a hairdresser, was roller setting my hair one day and she said "You sleep on your right side don't you..." and she was right!

At that time, I was sleeping on the right side of my body-with the right side of my head smooshed against a pillow for 6 hours every night.

She could tell because my left side was thicker and bouncier and the right side, despite receiving the same treatment from my aunt, was limp and scraggley.

She said that virtually everyone has a section of hair that isn't up to par with the rest of our hair because of the way we sleep.

Now I sleep only on my left side, because I moved my bed and other things around, and I have this weird thing about having to sleep facing the door.....I can not sleep with my back facing the door, it's just creeptastic ok!
Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

Post by Bun_Ana 2nd September 2010, 6:39 pm

LOL @Lysheba89. Maybe I should start alternating which side I sleep on.
Bun_Ana
Bun_Ana

http://bunanamarie.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 2nd September 2010, 7:03 pm

YES! As far as looks go, I favor everything but the hair above my ears... everything has coils except for that part! I also notice that the right side of my head grows faster than my left. AND I'm always giving the side-eye to the left front of my hair...I'm more tender headed there and it REFUSES to catch up to the right side. It's also always the part that breaks off or knots up at the first sign of trouble.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Mai 3rd September 2010, 1:29 am

Lysheba89 wrote:I can not sleep with my back facing the door, it's just creeptastic ok!

I can't sleep with the closet door open. That is creeptastic for me! lol

I been told I sleep wild(don't believe it for a min!) so I don't know what side of my head I lay on the most.
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysheba89 3rd September 2010, 12:36 pm

Yes!
I also can't sleep with the closet door open! And up until recently, while I (still) prefer that the closet door be closed, I needed the door to my room open, otherwise I felt trapped...My room is very small, and also, the hall light was usually on and I liked the ambient light pouring into my room. Good to know I'm not the only one Ms. Mai!

And sleeping wildly probably means you avoid damaging any part of your hair enough for it to be noticeable.
Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 3rd September 2010, 8:23 pm

lol the back of my head never does what i want it to do..NEVER!!! lol
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 5th September 2010, 9:44 am

There is dream hair in the back of my head. Absolutely amazing. The sides near the ears are from another planet. I'm always trying to work with that stuff. Bozo the clown hair it is!!! But it's growing fast.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th September 2010, 2:54 pm

My left side. I love it more than the right. It seems fuller to me. I always used to wear my bangs on that side.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 5th September 2010, 6:42 pm

I guess I'm the only person who has a cowlick. It's truly aggravating.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 6th September 2010, 1:54 am

Lysheba89 wrote:
Now I sleep only on my left side, because I moved my bed and other things around, and I have this weird thing about having to sleep facing the door.....I can not sleep with my back facing the door, it's just creeptastic ok!

I totally agree!! It makes me think someone is going to sneek up on me,I think I just watch too many scary movies, lol..

I favor the back and the sides more just because they grow the fastest. My back is 1/2 an inch longer than the rest of my hair. I kinda dont like the top/crown because its fuzzy and seems to grow the slowest (very thick and breakage-prone..I HATE when I have to comb or wash it)

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 6th September 2010, 10:37 am

The curls in the back of my hair are nice and defined and get really curly while the hair in the front is wavy, but its longer then the back so I guess it even out lol
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 6th September 2010, 7:54 pm

I like the right side better. The left side just doesn't curl the same ><
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by bludini1 9th September 2010, 10:32 am

The right side of my hair is curlier and bouncy. The left side is longer and the curls are heavier so when I have shrinkage people thing my haircut is asymmetric. I also have 1 long gray hair in the middle of my head that won't behave for anyone!

bludini1

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 9th September 2010, 10:40 am

Lysheba89 wrote:My aunt, who is a hairdresser, was roller setting my hair one day and she said "You sleep on your right side don't you..." and she was right!

At that time, I was sleeping on the right side of my body-with the right side of my head smooshed against a pillow for 6 hours every night.

She could tell because my left side was thicker and bouncier and the right side, despite receiving the same treatment from my aunt, was limp and scraggley.

She said that virtually everyone has a section of hair that isn't up to par with the rest of our hair because of the way we sleep.

I was just thinking about the sleeping thing the other day. My left side, IMO, is horrible. It even feels a little damaged, to me at least. And LOL a the door, I have to face the nearest wall.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 10th September 2010, 6:36 am

in the back, i like my right side because it coils, while the left side is a little more wavy on the ends and appears longer. its very noticeable, and weird.

you can tell here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

doesn't it look stupid? I just had it evenly cut too. . .
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down