CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Magic!

+3
LoveBeauty821
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Bun_Ana
7 posters

Go down

Blue Magic! Empty Blue Magic!

Post by Bun_Ana 10th January 2011, 1:21 am

Today, I was complaining to my mother about how dry my hair has been this winter. She told me, "What you need is some grease. Makes your hair thick and strong." So I said what the hey and found a jar of "Blue Magic Conditioner Hair Dress" (I swear we've had this same jar my whole life, lol) and slopped it on my head. The result: a very greasy (surprise, surprise lol! ) stringy mess. I washed it out, but playing with grease brought back some good memories. Cool

Any childhood, pre-relaxer products that you revisited and still work for you?
Bun_Ana
Bun_Ana

http://bunanamarie.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Blue Magic! Empty Re: Blue Magic!

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 10th January 2011, 2:25 am

I have used ORS Replinishing Conditioner for about 3 years. I absoultely loved it when I got it the ORS Perm box. (Replenishing Pack) I was overjoyed when I found out it came in bottles. I still use it to this day...

lol. Blue Magic. That reminds me of sitting in between my mom's legs while she greased my scalp. Memories Smile
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th January 2011, 2:47 am

lol @Mandi..
yup..nothin like a good ol' greased scalp..heehee....i remember using the bronner brothers grease for that w/ the orange writing on the jar, but i have never used that since i was little

Last edited by strawberri_slushee on 10th January 2011, 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveBeauty821 10th January 2011, 9:34 am

@ Mandi, Blue Magic does bring back those memories of me sitting in between my mothers legs also!!!! I Cant express how much I hated those days Lol. I also use ORS replenishing conditioner too. I loved it when I was a premed head and it works wonders for my natural hair too!! And it also has an orangy Type of smell so that's a plus!! Laughing
LoveBeauty821
LoveBeauty821

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 10th January 2011, 12:19 pm

lusters pink lotion. after a squeaky-clean wash, slather on some pink lotion, blow dry, and then enjoy a good 'ole scalp massage .... oh the memories
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 10th January 2011, 2:22 pm

I revisited brushing my hair and I love it! Now, I don't do it excactly like my mom used to cuz she would grease my scalp and then brush the crap outta my hair hard when it was bone dry (oddly enough though my hair was healthy as hell back then, hmmm...). I do this. I only brush once a week on wash day. After I put in my leave-in ad seal I comb through my hair with a wide tooth and let it air dry to about 50% dry. Then I add some coconut oil and brush GENTLY with a wide tooth bamboo paddle brush that i have and get any remaining snarls out. Then once the brush is going smoothly through my hair I get down to the scalp for a good ol fashioned brushing to massage the scalp, It feels great drunken my hair is soft afterwards and has a great sheen and is ready for braiding.
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)

Back to top Go down

Post by drksista81 10th January 2011, 9:39 pm

You must have been reading my mind. Lately my scalp has been so dry I contemplated trying grease again just to see what happens. Don't think I will though, I just ordered some Jamaican black castor oil.
drksista81
drksista81

https://www.youtube.com/drksista81

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 10th January 2011, 11:21 pm

I loved the smell of that Optimum Hair Dress in that pinkish color tub. I remember that red can od Royal Crown (or Crown Royal) with the shiney aluminum lid! lol. My mom used to use a black grease that smelled like tar and bacon grease. I do not remember the name of it though!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down