CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curly Magic

+4
CocaColaCutie
quincie1479
missvada
butterfly3000
8 posters

Go down

Curly Magic Empty Curly Magic

Post by butterfly3000 30th December 2009, 5:11 pm

Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic

Just got it as a Christmas gift from my mom yesterday. Anyone tried it yet? I'm 4A TWA. Was going to try some Miss Jessie's products but have read mixed reviews. Need a change, tired of rockin' the same look everyday.
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Curly Magic Empty Re: Curly Magic

Post by missvada 30th December 2009, 6:53 pm

I too am rocking a twa.I purchased and tried the Curly Magic. It worked pretty well, it defined my curls, the only thing is that it took forever to dry. I can't wait to try it on longer hair.
missvada
missvada

Back to top Go down

Post by quincie1479 30th December 2009, 7:24 pm

Hi missvada,

Have you tried Kinky-Curly? If so, how would compare the two products?
quincie1479
quincie1479

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 30th December 2009, 7:33 pm

quincie1479 wrote:Hi missvada,

Have you tried Kinky-Curly? If so, how would compare the two products?

yea i'd like to know too. it's on my wanna try in the spring list
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by missvada 30th December 2009, 9:06 pm

@quincie1479-No I have not tried Kinky Curly. I tried Curly magic because it was a lil easier on the pockets. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But I do plan on trying it when my hair gets longer. I would def look at some youtube videos to compare. I will keep you posted when I do try it.
missvada
missvada

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 31st December 2009, 1:27 pm

MissVada,
Did you sit under the dryer and it still took a long time or did you air dry?

~I've read that the Kinky Curly doesn't work well if you use shampoo/conditioning products with oils and silicones prior to use.
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by missvada 31st December 2009, 1:57 pm

No I did not sit under a dryer..I'm gonna try that next time. Yeah I heard that about Kinky curly. I only use all natural products, so hopefuly when i try it, the outcome will be good.
missvada
missvada

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 20th January 2010, 6:54 pm

OK, I didn't love it. Mainly, I didn't care for the white residue. First I tried it New Years Eve night, trying to do my hair in a rush. I thought I could just pump a handful and smooth it on my wet hair and go. Wrong! After driving an hour and 15 minutes to Raleigh, it still wasn't dry. I had to get a paper towel from the McDonald's bathroom and pat it dry. Second time I tried it, I used it as directed, but I sat under the dryer. It worked a lot better that time and the curls did last long (like 4-5 days), just had that white flaky look and had to put some coconut oil on it to get rid of the hair ash. Last week, I did a twist set with it. Got a lot of compliments but I prefer the look of twist sets with oil.
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by missvada 20th January 2010, 11:22 pm

Oh ok..I am glad you posted your results..so sitting under the dryer does help..I have not tried it since November. But maybe i will sometime soon. Do you have pics of how your twist out looked with it?
missvada
missvada

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosandi 21st January 2010, 4:30 pm

I used Kinky Curly after my bc and it was my go to product for years. I now use curly magic. I like them both. The difference I've found is the smell. The curly magic has a fresher scent - maybe more like soap but not exactly (can't put my finger on it). I don't like kinky curly's fragrance - too sweet or something. I'm big on smells and don't like smelling like a fruit basket, potpourri or cotton candy. (except for that coconut conditioner everyone raves about - it really smells good!)

I do like the fact that curly magic comes with a pump instead of having to dunk your fingers in a jar. It keeps me from using too much product. Speaking of using too much product, I found that kinky curly gave me the white flakes. Perhaps it was the sulfates - I was using them when I fist started out. Anyway, I do think I was applying too much product right after my bc.

Both products work about the same for me - shiny, defined curls. I think curly magic leaves my hair a tad less crunchy but I'm not applying as much product as I used to.

As far as hair drying, my hair is long and very thick so it takes a long time to air dry. However, since I've eased up on this product my hair seems to dry a little faster but nothing too noteworthy.

I haven't added any pictures yet (sorry) but I'll try really soon so you can get an idea of my results.

She's got a full line of products. I have the conditioner and moisturizer. I use the moisturizer often but the conditioner once. I want to use it again before I do a review.
Bosandi
Bosandi

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 25th January 2010, 7:58 pm

Wow...I may have to try this product out, but Im glad to hear you all's review's first! Uncle Funky's Daughter actually has a salon/boutique here in Houston! I didn't realize they have their own product line now! And its so hilarious to me because everytime I go in there, one of the owner's Ray is always giving me product samples! He actually was the first one to introduce me to the Mixed Chicks line! Hmmmm...maybe I will go in there this week and see if they will give me a few samples of the Curl Magic! I would definitely like to sample it out before buying!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by so1913 26th January 2010, 1:26 am

That stuff was just YUCK in my hair...I need to give it a second run with maybe less product, but the first run was so bad...I'm in no rush.
so1913
so1913

http://www.twitter.com/so1913

Back to top Go down

Curly Magic Empty curly magic

Post by butterfly3000 27th January 2010, 5:05 pm

missvada wrote:Oh ok..I am glad you posted your results..so sitting under the dryer does help..I have not tried it since November. But maybe i will sometime soon. Do you have pics of how your twist out looked with it?

No pics, but I'll take some next time.
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 8th March 2010, 6:38 pm

I think I may order the Curl Magic this week! I saw a review on this on YouTube and the girls hair was really pretty! Im going to either order it, or if I have time, I may go by their salon here in Houston and get it. If I do, I'll be sure to report back!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by MicaiahTy 27th April 2010, 2:20 pm

Curly Magic..

I like to call that product my Go to church gel.. Because if i use it everyday, i would run out quickly. It is 25 bucks a pop. I live in houston, and i loved it when i first started using it. Works great with Houston humidity.... But i have found other products i can use daily. i did a video about it on YT

www.youtube.com/micaiahty

It is sticky, that is forsure, but it dries quickly, and i like how soft my hair becomes once it is dry. i give it 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

It does the same thing as ECO Olive Oil Styling gel.. and it is 4 bucks.

Great thing about CM is that you dont have to put any other product in your hair, no oils to moisturize it because it has all the ingrediants already in it.

Hope that helps.
MicaiahTy
MicaiahTy

https://www.youtube.com/micaiahty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down