CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second try going natural

5 posters

Go down

Second try going natural Empty Second try going natural

Post by naturalgamergirl 8th January 2011, 7:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

I decided to give going natural another try after attempting it several years ago. I failed miserably last time as my hair is very thick and I had no idea what I was doing. I'm hoping that this time around I can succeed. I cut off most of my relaxer in December (I think I have less then an inch left on the top), so I'm sporting a very short cut. My hair is the shortest it's ever been but I plan on growing it out as much as I can.

I live in a very, very dry climate and I'm trying to figure out how to keep my hair moisturized here. My stylist told me to use oil but it gets everywhere! My pillowcase, whatever my head touches. There's got to be a better way, or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway I'm glad I found this place after reading "Curly Like Me". Very Happy
naturalgamergirl
naturalgamergirl

http://instagram.com/naturalgamergirl

Back to top Go down

Second try going natural Empty Re: Second try going natural

Post by morenachula 8th January 2011, 10:55 pm

Welcome! I'm on my second time around as well. You will find this forum to be informative. Last time was easier than this time. Last time my hair was already short so cutting off the relaxed hair wasn't a big deal. This time around I'm transitioning. I'm a little over 13 months post relaxer. But I plan to stick with and not cave in! lol
morenachula
morenachula

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalgamergirl 8th January 2011, 11:28 pm

I know what you mean, I really want to do this!
naturalgamergirl
naturalgamergirl

http://instagram.com/naturalgamergirl

Back to top Go down

Post by TiffNotANY 9th January 2011, 2:13 am

I agree with morenachula that this forum is very informative. Trial and error works best. Just find what your hair likes =). Good luck on the second go!
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalrhi 1st February 2011, 6:32 pm

Hi all! It's my 2nd go as well. The first time I was in college and care free so I just chopped it off myself one day in my dorm room (crazy right?) It went well for a few years but I didn't really know what I was doing either and when I started working and feeling societal pressure I caved and got it relaxed. Now I'm wiser (I hope) but not as fearless so I'm transitioning.

Tai, since your hair short you probably don't need that much oil. Do you think you might be using too much? You can also use a satin scarf or bonnet to keep it contained at night.

Best of luck to all of you!

Transitioning since October 2010.

naturalrhi

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 1st February 2011, 7:43 pm

I am transition as well. When I started I used oil based products but now I use a moisturizer that is water based then seal my hair with coconut oil. My hair doesn't like oil based things. You could use that as it is hard but emulsifies in your hand. The molecules of the coconut oil are small and can actually get absorbed by the hair. Or you could seal every other day if your hair can go that long.

Anywho by doing that you shouldn't need a whole bunch to moisturize the hair but to keep what you put in on your head. If that makes any sense.
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down