CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moroccan Oil...Any users out there

+4
Zumbalicious
LuvMeLuvMyFro
NubieNatty
CurlyMo
8 posters

Go down

Moroccan Oil...Any users out there Empty Moroccan Oil...Any users out there

Post by CurlyMo 13th December 2009, 3:03 pm

Has anyone used Mococcan Oil??? This is the ingrediance in the one that was recomended [url=http://www.moroccanoil.com/]www.moroccanoil.com[/url] see the ingredients below..I see CONES!!!!

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum), extract, fragrance suppliment, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl, Ionone
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Moroccan Oil...Any users out there Empty Re: Moroccan Oil...Any users out there

Post by NubieNatty 14th December 2009, 10:45 am

im lookin to get some but its like $30 a bottle so its on the very bottle of the wish list!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 14th December 2009, 11:46 am

@NubieNattyTwn-Kisha~
I hear ya on that $30!!!!....Looking at the ingrediance im not sure its good for the hair???
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 14th December 2009, 2:04 pm

I used it on my hair twice (once when I straightened and once for a twist out) and in my opinion it was nothing to rave about. I have also used it on clients at the salon and they love is so, I guess it just depends.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zumbalicious 14th December 2009, 6:25 pm

My cousin uses is and swears by it, I wanna try it but I need a FREE sample first, that $30, ummmm. I have been looking on different websites to find some, any ideas?
Zumbalicious
Zumbalicious

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 14th December 2009, 7:24 pm

Curlymo wrote:Has anyone used Mococcan Oil??? This is the ingrediance in the one that was recomended [url=http://www.moroccanoil.com/]www.moroccanoil.com[/url] see the ingredients below..I see CONES!!!!

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum), extract, fragrance suppliment, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl, Ionone

Last edited by dajewel on 15th December 2009, 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by ydr 14th December 2009, 8:49 pm

i like the MO products. the oil goes on light which is great for me because i am extremely heavy handed when i use olive and coconut oil.

there isnt any build-up and your hands aren't even greasy after applying.

but the downside is i am starting to break out a bit and i think it is because of the aragan oil and also because i havent been wearing my scarf at night. my breaking out has been occurring around my ears and neck, so as long as i dont have them on my face, i'm ok.

as far as the price, yeah, its pricey (i did get a hook up, i have to add). when i am out i will be buying it though, i do think it will be a staple product. but like kinky curly custard (i'll buy it when i can budget it in).

Last edited by ydr on 15th December 2009, 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just cleaning up my original post)

ydr

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 15th December 2009, 12:35 am

Ladies are we good on the ingrediants for this product? Is there another brand that may be better?
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 15th December 2009, 10:23 am

cyclopentasiloxane: a silicone used to effectively mix and deliver the aragan oil and linseed oil tio the hair (because its more oil-soluble than water-soluble) while evaporating readily (due to its volatile nature). You will find this silicone in many antihumectant products because they don't make the ingredients feel heavy or oily. Cyclopentasiloxane does all this while effectively lubricating, protecting, and adding shine (especially after straightening the hair). Also, because of its one of the silicones that can evaporate readily and not build up over time, its used alot in combo with other heavier silicones (such as the dimethicone in this product). Its used in combo with dimethicone to help thin or spread the dimethicone better on the hair.

Dimethicone: Is a silicone. Please refer to my explanation of dimethicone in my CurlyFriends Thread.

Cyclomethicone: From my understanding, its cyclopentasiloxane properties allows it as a carrier for fragrant ingredients. Cyclomethicone also evaporates pretty quickly. this is also why you may see it in room sprays.

butylphenyl Methyl Propional: synthetic fragrance generally regarded as safe (GRAS) when used in low concentration because it can irritate the skin.

Coumarin: originally found in plants but can be synthetically-made, is usually used as a fragrant additive.

D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17: synthetic colorants that gives product color

Benzyl Benzoate: used in fragrance production, general additive for product mixture and could help in preventing lice infestation. although the carcinogenic benzene is its precursor, benzyl benzoate is safe.

Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone: synthetic used in production of fragrance. studies have shown that certain amounts can lead to skin irritations, and as such, the International Fragrance Association does not recommend its use in products explicitly marketed/use as a perfume or fragrance. This product is not explicitly marketed/use as a perfume or fragrance.

This ingredient analysis will also be posted in my thread. HTH!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th December 2009, 8:42 pm

i honestly dont really take time out to read and analyze ingredients becuz i mainly goes on what my hair agrees with. if notice a product dries my hair or produces build up quicky it just gets trashed. since oil is so light i cant go wrong with it. they also have the brazilian oil too under this line.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 15th December 2009, 10:29 pm

@NubieNattyTwn_Kisha~
Brazillian Oil...Interesting!
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by raslade808 30th December 2009, 2:06 am

i actually lived for moraccan oil when i had relaxed hair. my stylist at the time actually swore by it. now, when i used to go there, they used paul mitchell tea tree shampoo, followed by creme of nature shampoo and then the moraccan oil deep treatment. when she did it, my hair came out great. i went out and bought it on my own, the deep treatment was like 28 and a small oil was 14 + i got a 15% off discount.

the 1st 5 uses were amazing, i loved it. nothing changed in my routine and then i noticed when i washed my hair with the moroccan oil shampoo it felt like straw. then conditioner lost its luster. i would stay away from it, over priced and it made my hair feel like latex after a while with all the what felt like oil. after i washed my hair and put the oil in and the blowdried, i could feel the water and the oil separate when i ran my hands through my wet hair.

raslade808

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2009 31st December 2009, 2:36 am

Is that really the ingredient list for Moroccan oil?

Something bugs me about shelling out 30 dollars for a product where the first three ingredients are in many cheaper drugstore brands.

Seems the only two natural ingredients are Argan Oil and Linseed (Flax). And I can get pure Argan Oil 4oz for 30 bucks.

Babs2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down