CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curl formers

3 posters

Go down

Curl formers Empty Curl formers

Post by naturallynola 31st December 2010, 5:45 pm

I would love it if some curlformer owners would share which curlformers they have (long/narrow or long/wide, etc.), their styling experience, lessons learned/learning curve, and if they could do it over again, would they choose one of the other types and why. Thank you for sharing!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Curl formers Empty Re: Curl formers

Post by Fleur 31st December 2010, 6:22 pm

I bought the set that came with the long/wide and short/wide curlers. I also bought the narrow ones because I wanted the entire set. For my daughter's hair, I used long/wide ones with Jane Carter's wrap and roll and a sheen. I was extremely pleased with the outcome! Her hair was full and bouncy. I wished I had known about these a couple of years ago. Back then I flat-ironed and used a curling iron on my daughter's hair and ended up causing a lot of heat damage.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 31st December 2010, 6:34 pm

Fleur, do you feel the narrow ones make for a longer lasting style compared to the wide ones. Do you observe any advantage from a "frizz" standpoint?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 31st December 2010, 8:32 pm

Well it depends on what products you want to use in order to make them hard or soft. If I had to make a choice, the narrow ones seem like they would last longer. Style-wise the narrow ones made a tight, wavy look when I unraveled them. I found that that the wide ones offered more styling options and the length that she wanted.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 1st January 2011, 1:45 am

I have the Long & Extra Wide and the Extra Long & Wide.

It is one of my hair goals to use my Curlformers more. The process is not difficult for me, it just requires my undivided attention to coordinate squeezing the end of the Curlformer and pulling the hook at the same time.
Like Fleur, I use the JC Wrap & Roll. I put a small amount of JC Nourish & Shine on the ends after I take the rods out.

if they could do it over again, would they choose one of the other types and why.
I bought my Curlformers at my local Sally's so I was able return my first set and do it over again. I bought the Long & Narrow set first and while I liked the small spiral, I knew I would not want to spend the time to install more than 20-25 rods and I think it would take a minimum of 40 to cover my head. The wide & extra wide allow me to use larger sections of hair. All of my hair is not as long as the extra long rods but I still get a good set without putting too much stress on my hair. I did not want to outgrow the shorter rods.

HTH

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 16th January 2011, 4:54 pm

Thanks ladies.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down