CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird sticky shea butter?

+2
creolebeauty1
bklynmama1
6 posters

Go down

Weird sticky shea butter? Empty Weird sticky shea butter?

Post by bklynmama1 31st December 2010, 1:37 am

So after last night's hair fiasco http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/t8803-extremely-dry-ends I ran out and got some shea butter at a local african store (never purchased from them before). I re cowashed my hair and started putting some medium/large sized twists in to sleep in. I always melt the shea butter before I use it and I did the same with this one. The color is white (my previous one was yellow) but I paid that no attention because I distantly remember that shea butter can be white also. Once melted it looked a tad bit cloudy, not crystal clear like my yellow one use to melt down. After about 8 twists, I noticed that my hands weew sticky and looked closely to find that my twist were sticky, hardened and white. I pulled them apart and the hair was clumped together. I rushed to shampoo the 1/4th of my head that had the shea butter in it.

What is wrong with this shea butter?? I'm so frustrated that I have no style in my head after 2.5 washes and 2 whole days Sad Guess I'll be rocking a wash and go again tomorrow. Has anyone else experienced this? My hair had NO other product in it btw.
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

Weird sticky shea butter? Empty Re: Weird sticky shea butter?

Post by creolebeauty1 31st December 2010, 1:47 am

i neaver experienced that and i prefer the white shea butter sorry you going through all this Sad Crying or Very sad
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 31st December 2010, 9:25 pm

I never experience sticky shea butter; it sounds like something else was mixed in with the shea butter. Was it 100% unrefined shea butter?
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by irrationalchik 1st January 2011, 6:10 pm

I had the same experience with white shea butter! The yellow one (mixed with coconut and other oils) comes out creamy; the white one mixed with the same oils came out grainy and left a weird residue. I don't like to waste things so I use it to deep condition.

irrationalchik

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FlySista 1st January 2011, 6:27 pm

Interesting to say the least. I've used both the yellow and the white and never experienced this problem. Sorry to hear about your struggle. I suggest you take the Shea back and inform the proprietor and return it. It could be a bad batch.
1FlySista
1FlySista

http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 1st January 2011, 6:59 pm

Where exactly did you get your shea butter from? I get mine from the Muslims on Atlantic Ave (at Madina, the big store with the glass windows--right across from PC Richard?). I've been buying shea butter from them for the last two years, and never had a problem. They sell yellow and white shea.

Unless your hair just doesn't respond to shea butter? scratch
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down