CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flat Iron Regrets

4 posters

Go down

Flat Iron Regrets  Empty Flat Iron Regrets

Post by LoveleeMama 28th December 2010, 3:32 am

Last week, I had my best friend flat iron and trim my hair. I have been really bad to my hair lately ( overuse of comb and not sticking to my routine) so I had a lot of damage that I wanted to just cut off. My best friend is convinced that my damage is due to me wearing it natural but I know better.
Anyhoo, she cut off about 2-2.5 inches which I was expecting, but I miss my curls so much. Even my hubby said to me last night. "You know what babe, you look good ( referring to my body) but I like your hair better when its curly. The straight hair just isnt you." Shocked Wow I wasnt expecting that comment. I love that man.
Now as I type this Im waiting for my little diva to coax herself back to sleep then its off to shower for me and my hair.
LoveleeMama
LoveleeMama

Back to top Go down

Flat Iron Regrets  Empty Re: Flat Iron Regrets

Post by DreamMerchant 28th December 2010, 10:27 am

Hubbies can be so sweet! I am waiting for my daughter to wae up so that I can do a co-wash. Did your curls spring back after the flat iron?
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 28th December 2010, 11:32 am

LoveleeMama wrote:Last week, I had my best friend flat iron and trim my hair. I have been really bad to my hair lately ( overuse of comb and not sticking to my routine) so I had a lot of damage that I wanted to just cut off. My best friend is convinced that my damage is due to me wearing it natural but I know better. Anyhoo, she cut off about 2-2.5 inches which I was expecting, but I miss my curls so much. Even my hubby said to me last night. "You know what babe, you look good ( referring to my body) but I like your hair better when its curly. The straight hair just isnt you." Shocked Wow I wasnt expecting that comment. I love that man.
Now as I type this Im waiting for my little diva to coax herself back to sleep then its off to shower for me and my hair.
How sweet.

Your girlfriend really thinks that?
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveleeMama 28th December 2010, 3:27 pm

@ Dream- they didnt spring up right away. I put them in flat twists and we will see when I take it down tomorrow.

@ Umph- Yes she does. Which it was a weird comment because all of her daughters are natural. She has her cosmetologist license but most of her experience has been with weaves and flat irons.
She saw my hair in a bad state. Tons of SSknots, split ends, breakage.
LoveleeMama
LoveleeMama

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 28th December 2010, 4:11 pm

Hey Lovelee....sorry you had had to cut off so much. Maybe (just maybe-lol) your friend meant that because you are natural the your hair isn't used to the heat so THAT caused damaged....??? Maybe she didn't mean it the way it sounded.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down