What is the best type flat iron?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is the best type flat iron?

Post by psbest on 13th February 2011, 11:26 pm

I was thinking that those really skinny flat irons can do the job and give more body ... what do you guys think?
avatar
psbest

Posts : 383
Join date : 2010-09-12
Age : 27
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by creolebeauty1 on 13th February 2011, 11:45 pm

i'm a keep an eye on this post because i will need one soon well in another year lol
avatar
creolebeauty1

Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by psbest on 13th February 2011, 11:46 pm

lol
avatar
psbest

Posts : 383
Join date : 2010-09-12
Age : 27
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by funkyhairchic on 13th February 2011, 11:57 pm

I flat ironed my hair for the first time yesterday. My stylist used the Babyliss flat iron and the results were awesome! I'm going to get one for myself. I slid thru my thick curls like butter!
avatar
funkyhairchic

Posts : 179
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 39
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by psbest on 14th February 2011, 12:22 am

@Funkyhairchic Do you have any pictures?
avatar
psbest

Posts : 383
Join date : 2010-09-12
Age : 27
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by creolebeauty1 on 14th February 2011, 12:38 am

Yeah pics please Smile
avatar
creolebeauty1

Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 14th February 2011, 12:55 am

What do you use for heat protectors? & yes ...pics pleeaaaaase. Lol
avatar
Mangos&Bananas

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 27
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by funkyhairchic on 14th February 2011, 1:12 am

As a matter of fact...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I used Grapeseed Oil as my heat protectant. It withstands upto 450 degree heat. It's inexpensive and effective.

The Babyliss Flat Iron looks like this:
http://www.folica.com/tools/flat-irons/babyliss-pro-nano-titanium-one-and-one-half-inch-sraightening-iron
avatar
funkyhairchic

Posts : 179
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 39
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by brookecrown on 14th February 2011, 11:36 am

I have super thick curly hair and use iron Extra Slim Isin. It has a narrow plate and rounded edges is ideal to spend less hair. Ceramics not work for me, so my hairdresser suggested. To minimize the damage to my hair I use Joico Silk Result protect and prepare the ground spraying. I tried a lot of irons and spray-off, but these are clearly the two best. Joico does what it promises, and just run the iron through your hair after spraying feel of silk.

brookecrown

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by letha on 14th February 2011, 12:08 pm

Funkyhairchic wrote:As a matter of fact...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I used Grapeseed Oil as my heat protectant. It withstands upto 450 degree heat. It's inexpensive and effective.

The Babyliss Flat Iron looks like this:
http://www.folica.com/tools/flat-irons/babyliss-pro-nano-titanium-one-and-one-half-inch-sraightening-iron

You better work it with that Top Model Pose.. lol Your hair is beautiful and the shine.. This is the one I have the same color as yours.. I tried to flat iron mine yesterday. It turned out ok.. Did not have that shine like you did.. Only went to 375


http://www.sallybeauty.com/nano-flat-iron/SBS-345136,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH
avatar
letha

Posts : 538
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 50
Location : Greensboro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by swt_sunny on 14th February 2011, 4:54 pm

I have a 1 inch sedu that I ordered from folica.com...I got it on sale for around $70-$80. It was free shipping and also came with a pouch to store it in. I'm pretty happy with it thus far, even though I don't straighten on a regular basis as I'm transitioning. The plates are very smooth and glide through the hair, which to me is a good sign of a quality flat iron. I also tried the Solia flat iron, but found that the plates weren't as good.

swt_sunny

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-04-12
Age : 33
Location : NY, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by Peachtree on 14th February 2011, 11:35 pm

I've only used 1 flat iron since being natural... a maxiglide. Absolutely love it!!

FHC...your hair is ubber pretty in the pics!
avatar
Peachtree

Posts : 231
Join date : 2009-11-02
Location : Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by funkyhairchic on 15th February 2011, 12:41 am

@ Letha and Peachtree: Thank you for the compliments! I also found that conditioning my hair really well gave me more shine. Try conditioning and sitting under a heat cap or dryer for 30 mins to get a glossy finish.
avatar
funkyhairchic

Posts : 179
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 39
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by psbest on 15th February 2011, 1:31 am

letha wrote:
Funkyhairchic wrote:As a matter of fact...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I used Grapeseed Oil as my heat protectant. It withstands upto 450 degree heat. It's inexpensive and effective.

The Babyliss Flat Iron looks like this:
http://www.folica.com/tools/flat-irons/babyliss-pro-nano-titanium-one-and-one-half-inch-sraightening-iron

You better work it with that Top Model Pose.. lol Your hair is beautiful and the shine.. This is the one I have the same color as yours.. I tried to flat iron mine yesterday. It turned out ok.. Did not have that shine like you did.. Only went to 375


http://www.sallybeauty.com/nano-flat-iron/SBS-345136,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH



I have to agree. Those are beautiful pics and your hair looks amazzzinggggg ... Thank you for all of your help. I may just have to get that iron.
avatar
psbest

Posts : 383
Join date : 2010-09-12
Age : 27
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by creolebeauty1 on 15th February 2011, 1:35 am

Wow Your hair @funkyhairedchic looks amazing so shiny and just gorgeous you go gurl Smile
avatar
creolebeauty1

Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by chynadoll8799 on 15th February 2011, 6:59 pm

1. Your hair looks AWESOME.
2. Where do I find this Grapeseed oil you use? I use a chi, but I always wonder if I should stop using it bc I can't regulate the heat.
How do I know if my heat protector is realloy protecting? where did you find info on how much heat grapeseed can withstand?
Help!

chynadoll8799

Posts : 179
Join date : 2010-06-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by funkyhairchic on 16th February 2011, 9:44 pm

Thank you ladies!

@Chynadoll:
I found some grapeseed oil at Whole Foods in the cooking oil aisle. The CHI does not have heat settings so you have to be careful not overdo the heat on your strands. Grapeseed oil is a very light oil and it stands heat up to 450 degrees. It says so on the label. I bought the 360 brand. Most irons go up to 400 degrees. I conditioned my hair VERY well. After my wash routine, I let my hair air dry in twists before getting it blown out. I applied a dime size of GS oil to each section of my hair making sure I covered every section. You know your hair is protected when the iron is not smoking. If you see smoke coming off the iron it means a) you still have conditioner in your hair or b) you are applying to many strokes of heat to your strands. My stylist went over my hair 2-3 times with the iron; no more than 3x.

Check out NaturalChica's blog. She does blowouts and presses quite a bit and has super healthy hair. I got the grapeseed oil idea from her.
avatar
funkyhairchic

Posts : 179
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 39
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by Umph on 16th February 2011, 10:03 pm

Funkyhairchic wrote:I flat ironed my hair for the first time yesterday. My stylist used the Babyliss flat iron and the results were awesome! I'm going to get one for myself. I slid thru my thick curls like butter!
I agree! your hair looks beautiful. Stop playin, you know it's a wig. lol

swt_sunny wrote:I have a 1 inch sedu that I ordered from folica.com...I got it on sale for around $70-$80. It was free shipping and also came with a pouch to store it in. I'm pretty happy with it thus far, even though I don't straighten on a regular basis as I'm transitioning. The plates are very smooth and glide through the hair, which to me is a good sign of a quality flat iron. I also tried the Solia flat iron, but found that the plates weren't as good.
I purchased Sedu for my daughter for Christmas and she loves it! I too caught a great sale ordering it from Folica.

Funkyhairchic wrote:Thank you ladies!

@Chynadoll:
I found some grapeseed oil at Whole Foods in the cooking oil aisle. The CHI does not have heat settings so you have to be careful not overdo the heat on your strands. Grapeseed oil is a very light oil and it stands heat up to 450 degrees. It says so on the label. I bought the 360 brand. Most irons go up to 400 degrees. I conditioned my hair VERY well. After my wash routine, I let my hair air dry in twists before getting it blown out. I applied a dime size of GS oil to each section of my hair making sure I covered every section. You know your hair is protected when the iron is not smoking. If you see smoke coming off the iron it means a) you still have conditioner in your hair or b) you are applying to many strokes of heat to your strands. My stylist went over my hair 2-3 times with the iron; no more than 3x.

Check out NaturalChica's blog. She does blowouts and presses quite a bit and has super healthy hair. I got the grapeseed oil idea from her.
Thanks for the blog site; I will definitely check it out. Since my daughter is into straightening her curls, I will purchase some of the GS oil. Thanks for the tips!
avatar
Umph

Posts : 329
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best type flat iron?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum