CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In need of a good SETTING LOTION

5 posters

Go down

In need of a good SETTING LOTION Empty In need of a good SETTING LOTION

Post by Juices-n-Berries 28th December 2010, 3:30 am

So, this weekend, I used Curlformers on both me and my grandmother's hair (she's relaxed). We had GREAT results the first day. I was amazed at how the same exact tool worked on my 4a/b natural hair and her relaxed hair. However, on day 2 BOTH of our hair didn't looked a mess. I used Lottabody with Olive Oil (diluted per instructions) on my hair, and some wrap lotion she had on hers. I really loved the results of Curlformers, but apparently I didn't use the right products to make it stay. Can anyone recommend a good setting lotion? I mean like I want the hair to be crunchy and hard and shiny like back in those relaxed days. Ingredients aren't important. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Juices-n-Berries on 28th December 2010, 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

In need of a good SETTING LOTION Empty Re: In need of a good SETTING LOTION

Post by EMarie 28th December 2010, 9:48 am

What about using more Lottabody in the mix? That's what I do when I rollerset my hair. Come to think of it that's what I used to do when I was relaxed so the set would last a whole week!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessRN 28th December 2010, 9:58 am

I'll definitely be watching this thread. I got Curlformers for Christmas and can't wait to try them out, so I definitely want to know the right products to use.
PrincessRN
PrincessRN

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 28th December 2010, 10:22 am

I love Jane Carters Wrap and Roll when I do my curlformers. It doesn't give me that hard feeling and the curls last. Plus smells delish.
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 28th December 2010, 1:27 pm

Girl ... i cannot give you a good setting lotion, I only stopped in to say YOUR PUFF IS FIERCE in your avatar!!!!! Okay, I am done hi-jacking the thread! (zooooom outta here)
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 28th December 2010, 3:48 pm

EMarie wrote:What about using more Lottabody in the mix? That's what I do when I rollerset my hair. Come to think of it that's what I used to do when I was relaxed so the set would last a whole week!

Ok. Perhaps I just shouldn't have diluted it. I'll try that next time.

PrincessRN wrote:I'll definitely be watching this thread. I got Curlformers for Christmas and can't wait to try them out, so I definitely want to know the right products to use.

They're great! Just need to find a better product. I'm sure you'll like them.

tpayne22 wrote:I love Jane Carters Wrap and Roll when I do my curlformers. It doesn't give me that hard feeling and the curls last. Plus smells delish.

That's actually what I want. I want it to be hard. (crazy right?) But that's the only way it'll stay. My grandmother has very fine hair that doesn't like to hold a curl. And my 4a/b is really quick to revert. So I need something that will make our hair hard and crunchy (lol) no soft hold. Otherwise there will be no second day hair for us. I tried the Wrap and Roll on a rollerset once. And yes, it was soft. But this time, I need more.

kbelle wrote:Girl ... i cannot give you a good setting lotion, I only stopped in to say YOUR PUFF IS FIERCE in your avatar!!!!! Okay, I am done hi-jacking the thread! (zooooom outta here)

Thanks. :-)
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 29th December 2010, 5:14 pm

BUMP
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content