CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BASIC regimen for new transitioner

4 posters

Go down

BASIC regimen for new transitioner Empty BASIC regimen for new transitioner

Post by Mocha27 27th December 2010, 2:35 pm

I'd like a basic regimen for what I should be doing with my hair as a I transition. I'm two months post relaxer and normally I'd just hop in the chair and let my stylist apply the creamy crack, but since I'm trying to do better by my hair, I only let her shampoo, condition, and style me.

So...since I've not done my own hair in 40 years, what steps should I be following to care for my hair? I read terms like pre-poo, shampoo, condition (leave it in, rinse it out), etc. From what I've read on different blogs, I know what types of ingredients to look for or avoid, but I'm overwhelmed by not having a 1,2, 3 step regimen. Can someone give a basic regimen? I know me...I have really thick hair and I need something I can be relatively successful with or I'll be back in the chair! Thanks!

Mocha27

Back to top Go down

BASIC regimen for new transitioner Empty Re: BASIC regimen for new transitioner

Post by tiashaunteé 27th December 2010, 5:12 pm

Check out Tracyee's regimen on K.I.S.S.
It's simple and effective. She stretches for a really long time between relaxers but the steps that she follows for maintaining her hair during stretching may be really helpful for your transition. I'm 100% natural but started following regimen and my hair thrived:
http://keepitsimplesista.blogspot.com/
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 27th December 2010, 8:24 pm

I don't have a regimen for you but I urge you to divide your hair into at least 4 sections bevore you apply pre-poo or shampoo.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by gotcurls? 17th January 2011, 1:59 am

Hey Mocha27, I understand exactly where you are coming from. I am also 2 months post relaxer and even though my regimen isn't extremely long, it does the job that my hair needs to be delivered and I can share it with you!

monthly I:
trim my ends
black tea rinse
length check
hot oil treatment

weekly I:
deep condition
wash
change or redo my protective style

daily I:
apply moisturizer
seal ends with hair serum
drink lost of water and take MSM supplements

whenever i might skip a wash or a deep condition i co wash meaning just use conditioner, apply my leave in, and style however i planned for that week.

i hope this helps you out and happy transitioning!
gotcurls?
gotcurls?

http://gotcurls.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down