CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shea Moisture Product Line Review

+4
JazmineB
mera223
misskris
FloridaSunshiny
8 posters

Go down

Shea Moisture Product Line Review Empty Shea Moisture Product Line Review

Post by FloridaSunshiny 26th December 2010, 8:50 pm

Hey Ladies,

Since I'm vacationing in Florida during the holidays, I decided to go to Tar-jay and pick up the Shea Moisture line of products for curly hair. Collectively, I think the line is so-so. I do, however, like a few individual products that I'll add to my reggie because I can get them on the ground and the price point for each product is $9.99, which is super important for a curly chick on a budget. Here are my thoughts about what I've used so far:

Moisture Retention Shampoo: This shampoo lathers - a lot. For those who don't like lather, this won't work for you. I'm seriously on the fence about this shampoo. I LOVE the Devacurl Noo Poo shampoo and theMJ Sudsy Slip (for those days I want lather) and this shampoo doesn't come close to what those can do. While my hair wasn't "dry" per se, it definitely didn't have any slip that I get from using the aforementioned shampoos.

Restorative Conditioner: I should have run from this product when it was too thick to come out of the bottle. While I usually like thick conditioners a la MJ conditioners, this one really didn't work for me. I literally had to bang the bottle against the side of the tub to get the condish out of the bottle. It felt like it was sittng on top of my hair and after the rinse, I had absolutely no slip. And, my hair was crazy tangled when I was done with it. So, this is going straight back to Tar-jay tomorrow. THIS WAS ONE OF THE WORSE CONDITIONERS I'VE EVER USED.

Curl & Style Milk. I like it's light. However, because my hair didn't have any slip after using the Restorative Conditioner, I can't accurately say how well this product worked in my hair. It does smell fantastic! I ended up using KCKT for added slip before I twisted my hair. I'll keep because it was only $9.99 and I want to try again after I've used my faithful shampoo and DT.

Reconstructive Elixir: Definitely a keeper. It added a light sheen to my hair.

Deep Treatment Masque: Refused to use after the bad experience with the Restorative Conditioner.

All in all, I'll be making a few returns to Tar-jay tomorrow and heading to the bss to get a Devacurl sampler to get me through the rest of my vacation and my NYE celebration.

FloridaSunshiny
FloridaSunshiny

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Product Line Review Empty Re: Shea Moisture Product Line Review

Post by misskris 26th December 2010, 11:38 pm

Thanks for that. I may pick un the Reconstructive elixir. Is that a leave in or do you rinse??? You had me crackin about you bangin the condish on the tub to get it out!!!! lol!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mera223 26th December 2010, 11:51 pm

I use the curl enhancing smoothies from Shea moisture and I love it. Aside from my beloved oyin products it's one of my favorite cream stylers. It keeps my hair very soft and moisturized but that's the only product from that line I use.
mera223
mera223

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 27th December 2010, 4:30 pm

thats funny what you said about the Restorative conditioner, because it has recently become my possible all time favorite leave-in. It makes my hair soooooo soft and shiny. I used it with the Deep treatment masque as a styling aid.

I had to cut the stick in the bottle because it was too long and was pressed against the bottom of the bottle, so it wouldn't allow conditioner to pass through it. other than that, no problems

heres a pic of my hair after using the two

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i would say give it one more chance before you take it back! Try using it as a leave-in instead of a detangling conditioner, followed up with the deep treatment masque as a twisting cream.
I hope it works for you and you end up not having to take them back!
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 27th December 2010, 4:36 pm

Jazmine, your hair looks divine!!! your look is a lot like CurlyNikki's! very pretty!! Surprised)
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th December 2010, 4:58 pm

misskris wrote:Jazmine, your hair looks divine!!! your look is a lot like CurlyNikki's! very pretty!! Surprised)
What she said!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 28th December 2010, 3:21 pm

Many ladies like the Restorative condish best as a leave-in.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by mina 28th December 2010, 8:18 pm

I use the coconut and hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie by shea moisture and mix it with coconut oil when I do a wash and go on my twa. It reduces it whitish color you get from using the smoothie.
mina
mina

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.T

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessRN 28th December 2010, 9:58 pm

@ Jazmine,your hair is beautiful!!!

I have the restorative conditioner and it was AWFUL, I had tangles and knots galore after using it. I put it on the shelf and haven't touched it since. But I like the idea of trying it as a leave-in instead. Maybe I will re-visit it the next time I do my hair.
PrincessRN
PrincessRN

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 29th December 2010, 10:27 pm

thanks yall!
misskris- its funny you say that because i felt like curlynikki after i did this style. lol. i love her hair!

PrincessRN- good luck! I hope it works for you!
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down