CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PJ Rehab Challenge - Let's do this from 12/25/10 to 3/25/11

+12
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
DreamMerchant
CiaE
LaToya28
BajanPrincess82
Madeaj
yacoomba
mokacoffey
TwistedKurlzz
FalconTress
one.tru.luv
16 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

PJ Rehab Challenge  - Let's do this from 12/25/10 to 3/25/11 - Page 4 Empty Re: PJ Rehab Challenge - Let's do this from 12/25/10 to 3/25/11

Post by CiaE 5th January 2011, 2:13 pm

Idk if these was mentioned but we need like a YT series of this PJ rehab lol
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

PJ Rehab Challenge  - Let's do this from 12/25/10 to 3/25/11 - Page 4 Empty Re: PJ Rehab Challenge - Let's do this from 12/25/10 to 3/25/11

Post by TwistedKurlzz 5th January 2011, 5:44 pm

Okay ladies, get ready to cover your faces for this one. First let me say that I am definitely a product junkie. I didn't know that it was this bad until now. Thank God that I haven't bought anymore products since December and I don't plan on buying anything else until April unless I run out of my staple products that I use now. I was going to post a list of all the products that I have, but it will take me forever, so I went through the house and counted all of the products that I have which consists of oils, butters, henna, shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, gels, pomades, etc. After all of that counting (prepare yourself) I counted 146 different products.....I know I know, that is so sad. I am a serious product junkie and I am just now realizing it and that's sad....smh in shame lol. I definitely need this challenge even though I don't have the urge to buy anymore products.

My name is TwistedKurlzz and I am a product junkie. Lol
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th January 2011, 7:09 pm

TwistedKurlzz wrote:Okay ladies, get ready to cover your faces for this one. First let me say that I am definitely a product junkie. I didn't know that it was this bad until now. Thank God that I haven't bought anymore products since December and I don't plan on buying anything else until April unless I run out of my staple products that I use now. I was going to post a list of all the products that I have, but it will take me forever, so I went through the house and counted all of the products that I have which consists of oils, butters, henna, shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, gels, pomades, etc. After all of that counting (prepare yourself) I counted 146 different products.....I know I know, that is so sad. I am a serious product junkie and I am just now realizing it and that's sad....smh in shame lol. I definitely need this challenge even though I don't have the urge to buy anymore products.

Shocked - Welcome TwistedKurlzz!!! lol!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 5th January 2011, 10:10 pm

Thanks Lynnieluve dance
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 5th January 2011, 11:02 pm

TwistedKurlzz wrote:Okay ladies, get ready to cover your faces for this one. First let me say that I am definitely a product junkie. I didn't know that it was this bad until now. Thank God that I haven't bought anymore products since December and I don't plan on buying anything else until April unless I run out of my staple products that I use now. I was going to post a list of all the products that I have, but it will take me forever, so I went through the house and counted all of the products that I have which consists of oils, butters, henna, shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, gels, pomades, etc. After all of that counting (prepare yourself) I counted 146 different products.....I know I know, that is so sad. I am a serious product junkie and I am just now realizing it and that's sad....smh in shame lol. I definitely need this challenge even though I don't have the urge to buy anymore products.

Welcome girl!! We are right her with ya....

*rehab voice* Hi TwistedKurlzz
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 5th January 2011, 11:05 pm

@CiaE hi woot!
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 6th January 2011, 1:49 am

Lynnieluve wrote:

Shocked - Welcome TwistedKurlzz!!! lol!

146??!! Good Lawd! monkey i think you need rehab and intervention!! LOL, by chance would you have Qhemet's gel? i need to swap, Wink

But I have a good idea. since you have so many, you have a lot of options (literally, lol)
1. You can swap for a lot of the stuff you don't like for stuff you do like.
2. You can donate what you don't like or don't use anymore to a women's shelter. Especially since the natural stuff does have a shelf life.
3. You don't buy anything else until you are out of a product for the rest of the year, PJ!

one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

http://members.fotki.com/da1trulve/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 6th January 2011, 1:33 pm

@one.tru.luv I think I do need intervention also lol. I am going to go through the products one day when I am not too busy. I don't have the Qhemets gel, I'm sorry Sad
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 7th January 2011, 4:27 am

Ladies, I had to go to the store for some hemp milk and happened to walk past the hair care section at the health food store and I swear my heart starting beating faster. I had to open a bottle of condish and sniff it a couple of times just to be able to make it out of the store with just the milk! lol! Yep, I am going through withdrawals! Hook up an IV or something!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 7th January 2011, 3:53 pm

DreamMerchant wrote:Ladies, I had to go to the store for some hemp milk and happened to walk past the hair care section at the health food store and I swear my heart starting beating faster. I had to open a bottle of condish and sniff it a couple of times just to be able to make it out of the store with just the milk! lol! Yep, I am going through withdrawals! Hook up an IV or something!

you did an awesome job, dream!!! very proud of you. i'm feeling the itch myself but i'm holding strong. i have close to 50 products that i have to use. so i'm keeping that in the forefront until the goal date.
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 7th January 2011, 4:35 pm

guts i need to buy Qhemet (sp?) everyone is telling me about this wonderful butter... the devil is a liar! lol
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 7th January 2011, 10:55 pm

CiaE wrote:guts i need to buy Qhemet (sp?) everyone is telling me about this wonderful butter... the devil is a liar! lol

Don't do it CiaE!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 8th January 2011, 6:04 am

what do you think of adding a new rule? lets take a vote on it.

6. If you absolutely must buy a product (say a gel or a leave-in), you have to give away your remaining gels or leave-ins to someone in need. a women's shelter, a close friend, someone transitioning, etc...

and yes, the buying restriction is still in place.

i won't add it unless we agree on it.
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 8th January 2011, 10:47 am

one.tru.luv wrote:what do you think of adding a new rule? lets take a vote on it.

6. If you absolutely must buy a product (say a gel or a leave-in), you have to give away your remaining gels or leave-ins to someone in need. a women's shelter, a close friend, someone transitioning, etc...

I think this is a great idea. I'm in cheers
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2011, 11:04 am

Shocked affraid lol!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 8th January 2011, 12:14 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:

Shocked affraid lol!

I know that it is so sad fore me to have all of these products. I just realized just how many I had when I counted them. Yeah I think that I need an intervention on this one lol lol!
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 8th January 2011, 12:15 pm

one.tru.luv wrote:what do you think of adding a new rule? lets take a vote on it.

It sounds great but what if there is no remaining? lol
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 8th January 2011, 1:29 pm

CiaE wrote:

you mean if you were already out of product? (i think that is what you mean, yes?) one of the rules states if you are completely out of a particular product (not brand), you can buy 1 or 2. or enough to get the free shipping but you can't buy anything else. i specified this in order to suppress the pj-ism so we can rely on our staple products.
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 8th January 2011, 1:38 pm

one.tru.luv wrote:
CiaE wrote:

you mean if you were already out of product? (i think that is what you mean, yes?) one of the rules states if you are completely out of a particular product (not brand), you can buy 1 or 2. or enough to get the free shipping but you can't buy anything else. i specified this in order to suppress the pj-ism so we can rely on our staple products.

Yes thats what i meant lol But yea i understood that part but im still confused... so for the new rule your saying if we want to buy another product but still have some left give it away? If so that clears things up. I usually dont buy in bulks or mini bulks of 2 lol so i didnt really understand. But i think i get it now Razz
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 8th January 2011, 2:01 pm

yes, to provide a bit more clarity.

say you have a total of 4 butters in your stash and you just have to buy another butter you heard so much about, give those 4 away. or give away 3 and keep the favorite one out of the 4.

maybe its a bad idea and defeats the purpose. that's why i wanted a vote and get people's opinions.

my reasoning is to cut down on the amount of products we have and purchase. in my case, i buy and try but not buy and use that's why i started the challenge.

so let me know what you think. i'm starting to have second thoughts now about this latest rule.

one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th January 2011, 2:26 pm

one.tru.luv wrote:yes, to provide a bit more clarity.

say you have a total of 4 butters in your stash and you just have to buy another butter you heard so much about, give those 4 away. or give away 3 and keep the favorite one out of the 4.

maybe its a bad idea and defeats the purpose. that's why i wanted a vote and get people's opinions.

my reasoning is to cut down on the amount of products we have and purchase. in my case, i buy and try but not buy and use that's why i started the challenge.

so let me know what you think. i'm starting to have second thoughts now about this latest rule.

If we are in PJ rehab, I don't think we would should be allow to purchase new products because we want to try something new. That defeats the purpose of rehab. Laughing

I wont be purchasing any new products...only my staples and that's if I run out, which I wont be doing for a long time.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 8th January 2011, 2:58 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:

If we are in PJ rehab, I don't think we would should be allow to purchase new products because we want to try something new. That defeats the purpose of rehab. Laughing

I wont be purchasing any new products...only my staples and that's if I run out, which I wont be doing for a long time.

you're right, lynnie. thanks for keeping me focused. suggested new rule is denied, shutdown and tossed out cheers
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 8th January 2011, 3:02 pm

one.tru.luv wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:

you're right, lynnie. thanks for keeping me focused. suggested new rule is denied, shutdown and tossed out cheers

LOl yea makes sense.. Only renewal of staples should be purchased. In my case i have no staples because I have too many products Embarassed

That is why I am giving majority of my products a try to figure out what I really need to use... smh lol
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 8th January 2011, 8:30 pm

I agree, no new purchases except for staples, but what do y'all think about this: Everyone gets 2 passes to purchase products other than staples, but only during a sale. That's how we're doing it in the LHCF no-buy challenge.

I went to Whole Foods for the first time ever and walked out with NOTHING!! So proud of myself.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 8th January 2011, 8:54 pm

I have to stick to the staples only. If I find myself in a products sale with a license to buy, I might fall off the wagon. Embarassed As it is I feel guilty because I still haunt some of my favorite ingredient websites, fill a basket with wishes and then leave because I know I promised not to buy anything. How lame is that!? I am a real product junkie! Sad Very Happy

I've been hinting around friends about things they can buy me if they want to get me a gift. hehe I am so bad. Embarassed
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next