CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello My Name is Tam Tam and I'm a Product Junkie

+9
queenshakirah
Allycoils
Renny
yacoomba
Ambitious_Tiff
ladygogohot
Sebastain13
ChrsLvsBks
tamtam7
13 posters

Go down

Hello My Name is Tam Tam and I'm a Product Junkie Empty Hello My Name is Tam Tam and I'm a Product Junkie

Post by tamtam7 23rd December 2010, 1:22 pm

Y'all I have turned into such a PJ in the past week (ok, maybe not just in the past week, LOL). It seems like whenever I'm bored I search the internet for info on new natural hair products and I just want to buy everything that I read about. It starts with " I really need A new styling product" and before you know it I have like three new products before I leave the store.

I have been wearing my hair natural for about 11 years now and there is so much more information and waaaay better products out on the market than there were when I first started wearing my hair natural so I guess that's why it's so hard for me because I'm so overwhelmed with the amount of choices I have.

Do any of you ladies have this problem? How do you ladies control your PJism?
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Hello My Name is Tam Tam and I'm a Product Junkie Empty Re: Hello My Name is Tam Tam and I'm a Product Junkie

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd December 2010, 1:35 pm

I refuse to control mine. I look at ingredients before purchasing them. I have stopped for a few month due to the amount of products I currently have. I will forever and always try new things (as long as I am financially able)--it's fun!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Hello My Name is Tam Tam and I'm a Product Junkie Empty Re: Hello My Name is Tam Tam and I'm a Product Junkie

Post by Sebastain13 23rd December 2010, 1:50 pm

I must agree with Chrs I will buy products as long as I can afford them but I do have a limit on how much I will spend & I dont like to order from the internet because of shipping fees
There is a store where I live & they have some great products so thats where I usually go to make purchases I continue to try to find products that are moisturizing to my hair & give me a shine I also look at the ingredients before purchase

Chrs your avi looks great I need to step up my makeup game

Good luck on curbing the PJ

Last edited by Sebastain13 on 23rd December 2010, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 23rd December 2010, 1:50 pm

U know i totally understand u. I almost became a PJ...Almost Laughing and i have been natural for three years. The first 2 years do not count because i did absolutely nothing with my hair. I used some cheap shampoo and conditioner and DAX grease ( the green one) Very Happy that's it

But, by the third year i took it seriously and then everything change( Utubes & Hair blogs did that )

I wanted every single thing i saw or heard about. What keep me in check was my common sense. I realize not everything works for everybody, cost was another factor and i am not a big fan of ordering online ( never have ordered products online).

My hair is doing well and i do get the urge to go :Crazy affraid but i made a promise to myself to use up what i have and then try something else.

My motto is... Keep it simple and sensible

HTH
ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 23rd December 2010, 2:37 pm

Thanks for the advice ladies.

@Chrs, you actually inspired this post because I was reading an old post about conditioners and you listed some products that I now want to try and I thought to myself, Tam you just bought a new conditioner yesterday, what is wrong with you???!! LOL! But you are right, trying new products are fun. I think I'm going to just embrace the PJ

@Sebastain13, Chrs's avatar is great. I need to step up my makeup game too. I never wear makeup, just too darn lazy. I'm with you. I hate ordering online too and lucky for me (or maybe not so lucky b/c it doesn't help with my PJ problem) there is a store not too far from my house that sells a bunch of good products.

@ladygogohot, common sense is the key. My husband helps with this because he reminds me that we don't have enough money for me to buy everything on the market. LOL! I've tried to use up what I have first but I am weak!
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 23rd December 2010, 4:49 pm

Funny you posted this because I have been fighting with bouts of PJ-ism for the past few weeks. Hair products is really borderlining becoming an obsession. I'm still finding brand new stuff from previous "Hair-cursions". Unfortunately the Hot 6 Oil I bought is still m.i.a. ... scratch Lol, when I think about that the impulse to buy is much less... I do wanna go look for some Shea Moisture products tonight at Target though, lol. Very Happy
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 23rd December 2010, 7:36 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:Funny you posted this because I have been fighting with bouts of PJ-ism for the past few weeks. Hair products is really borderlining becoming an obsession. I'm still finding brand new stuff from previous "Hair-cursions". Unfortunately the Hot 6 Oil I bought is still m.i.a. ... scratch Lol, when I think about that the impulse to buy is much less... I do wanna go look for some Shea Moisture products tonight at Target though, lol. Very Happy

I've lost the battle. Embarassed I just went out and bought curls milkshake. I would have bought Darcy's Botanical Deep Conditioning Hair Mask but they didn't have that particular product in the store.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 23rd December 2010, 7:51 pm

LOL! Hey, you win some, you lose some. Very Happy What are the products you mentioned for and where did you get them? I'm just curious...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 23rd December 2010, 9:35 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:LOL! Hey, you win some, you lose some. Very Happy What are the products you mentioned for and where did you get them? I'm just curious...
Tiff-sounds like a little more than curiosity to me, sounds like your on your way to whipping out your debit card lol!
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 23rd December 2010, 9:47 pm

Shocked Me? Nooooo... Lol, ok maybe. Depending on what they do, lol. lol!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 23rd December 2010, 11:45 pm

It's not easy. I just don't do it. I make myself not buy it. I think about the fifteen or twenty things I have at the house that I have not tried yet and decide not to add the item to the pile until I go through more of what I currently have. It's very, very hard.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Allycoils 23rd December 2010, 11:50 pm

I've started looking at ingredients to make sure that my hair likes most of what's in the product before I buy it. Otherwise, I'm not doing too well controlling it. I need to though, not because of money but because I'm running out of space in my bathroom!
Allycoils
Allycoils

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 23rd December 2010, 11:55 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote: Shocked Me? Nooooo... Lol, ok maybe. Depending on what they do, lol. lol!
LOL! The Darcy's Botanical product is a deep conditioner. I was actually going to post about masks because I'm wondering what the difference is between using masks and just plain ol' conditioner. I was watching the view and Barbara Walters hairstylist (of all people) mentioned something about hair masks being an essential step in the winter time to replenish dry hair. But anyways, I was just going to use it as a deep conditioner.

I plan to use the Curls Milkshake as a styling agent and water based moisturizer before sealing with shea butter.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 24th December 2010, 12:10 am

Oh ok! I need a good dc. That's the one thing my regimen is missing! Please say this is something you can pick up at like Target or somewhere... I get paranoid when shopping online. I am always thinking I will buy something then the shop will close without sending me my stuff! pale
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 24th December 2010, 10:40 am

I hate ordering online too Ambitious_Tiff. Darcy's Botanicals has a few retail locations, here is a link to the website: http://darcysbotanicals.com/retail-locations

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be any in Alabama. I am told that you can find Curls products at some Targets but the owner of the store that I purchased my Curls Milkshake said that the ones sold in Target aren't the same. I don't know if that' true or not. It could be just something she said to get my money. LOL
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 24th December 2010, 12:27 pm

Yeah the Curls at target are different. I hear they work well for some but I haven't tried the target brand or the original.
Funny how this thread turned from "help my pj'ism" to product recommendations lol!!
I try to hide my disposable income in my savings account (yeah my pj'ism is awful)
You could join the Use Up Your Stash challenge!?
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 24th December 2010, 1:51 pm

We've all been there! This too shall pass once you find the products that work the best for your hair. I still buy a product occasionally. Nothing wrong with trying new things. Just don't buy every latest and greatest product under the sun. Not everything works for everybody.
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 24th December 2010, 1:58 pm

queenshakirah wrote:Funny how this thread turned from "help my pj'ism" to product recommendations lol!!

LOL, IKR! QueenShakirah you cold busted us! I'm gonna go check that site out though. I'm going to Target in a few minutes too... Lol, I heard that Shea Moisture line was good so I might try it... Depends on what I find out there. I mean how hard can it be to find a good dc? Y'all pray for me, lol.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 24th December 2010, 3:35 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote: Shocked Me? Nooooo... Lol, ok maybe. Depending on what they do, lol. lol!
Too funny Very Happy
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 24th December 2010, 5:21 pm

Lol!! Btw, I totally recommend shea moisture products. I use the dt masque for twist outs. The shampoo makes my hair soft like it had conditioner in it. My fave dc right now is yes to carrots hair and scalp mud mask.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 25th December 2010, 1:25 am

I'm excited! I GOT THE SHEA MOISTURE DT MASQUE!! woot! Couldn't find YT Carrots or YT Cucumbers stuff. I mean, I didn't see it...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 25th December 2010, 1:41 pm

I was during the summer but now I've slowed down quite a bit. When I come across something I like I'll just use it because it seems like most of the products do the same damn thing.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th December 2010, 2:56 pm

Funkyhairchic wrote:We've all been there! This too shall pass once you find the products that work the best for your hair. I still buy a product occasionally. Nothing wrong with trying new things. Just don't buy every latest and greatest product under the sun. Not everything works for everybody.
what this lovely lady said!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 25th December 2010, 3:12 pm

tamtam7 wrote:
LOL! The Darcy's Botanical product is a deep conditioner. I was actually going to post about masks because I'm wondering what the difference is between using masks and just plain ol' conditioner. I was watching the view and Barbara Walters hairstylist (of all people) mentioned something about hair masks being an essential step in the winter time to replenish dry hair. But anyways, I was just going to use it as a deep conditioner.

I plan to use the Curls Milkshake as a styling agent and water based moisturizer before sealing with shea butter.

I love Masks/Masques!

Here are the two I have used:

L'Oreal Paris EverStrong Deep Replenishing Masque (has bio-ceramides) made my hair soft and moisturized.

Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Conditioning Mask (the best protein I have ever used)
http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ProductInfo/801.aspx

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down