CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm not a product junkie but....

+3
Curly Film Chick
LaToya28
butterfly3000
7 posters

Go down

I'm not a product junkie but.... Empty I'm not a product junkie but....

Post by butterfly3000 3rd November 2010, 1:00 pm

I want a new product! I'm so confused. Rolling Eyes
I read great, informative reviews and comments on CN, but at the end of the day, I order NOTHING b/c I can't decide. I'm a mixtress at heart but every now an then you wanna open a new container of something wonderful. I go to Target & stalk the shelves reading ingredients, opening and smelling, go back home to do a product search or YouTube search, go to the product website to see the product somemore, then go back to CN and see another darn product review on the home page....starting the process all over again.

So in my Mental Shopping Cart is:
Qhemet Amla/Olive (out of stock anyway)
Shea Moisture Masque
Darcy's DC
Oyin Handmade
Curls Product line

What i'm searching for that I do not have is a Deep Conditioner and a moisturizing cream or milk. I use Giovanni products and Kimmay's leave-in regularly. Any suggestions? Doesn't even have to be from my list.
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

I'm not a product junkie but.... Empty Re: I'm not a product junkie but....

Post by LaToya28 3rd November 2010, 1:16 pm

I think you should go with Darcy's DC. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 3rd November 2010, 1:21 pm

I love Oyin Products, I've tried their honey hemp conditioner, Shine and Define, Whipped Pudding and Greg Juice. I've DC with honey hemp and it's nice. I've just recently tried the Curls Shampoo and it works really well so far. Kinky Curly Knot Today is pretty much my leave in. I could go on and on. I'm not much of a product junkie (anymore) but these are some of the ones I've come across and love.
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 3rd November 2010, 4:05 pm

For moisture I would go with the She Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothine (it's not on the list, but I would swith the masque for the smoothie). The masque was good, when I mixed in some EVOO, but the smoothie has been my staple, CANNOT live without product!
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 3rd November 2010, 5:10 pm

I would go with the Darcy's DC. I have 3 DB products: transitioning cream (could also work as a milk), vanilla styling cream and coiling jelly. They are amazing and full of great ingredients.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 3rd November 2010, 9:11 pm

I say definitely try the DB DC. I love it. I also love her Cherry Kernal Butter (I may have that wrong). As soon as I get a chance, as in before the week is out I'm probably going to her leave-in or or one of the styling milks.

I also love the Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. Great stuff. I'm definitely going to try the Honey Hemp Conditioner. I've heard nothing but good things.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 3rd November 2010, 11:34 pm

Hello, I would definitely try everything (oops maybe I should not advise since I am the ultimate product junkie..lol) but I digress. You should try the Qhemet when you get a chance. Everything you heard about it, is true ( at least the good things Wink But everyone's hair is different. And enjoy, the trial and error. Blessings Cool
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 4th November 2010, 11:16 am

@Jeanlouis,

Which Qhemet product are you using?
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 4th November 2010, 11:31 am

jeanlouisangel wrote:Hello, I would definitely try everything (oops maybe I should not advise since I am the ultimate product junkie..lol) but I digress. You should try the Qhemet when you get a chance. Everything you heard about it, is true ( at least the good things Wink But everyone's hair is different. And enjoy, the trial and error. Blessings Cool

OK see, you wrong for that.....I'm only allowing myself a $50 limit......but I think I'm definitely going to try the Qhemet. Thank you for your input!
flower
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 4th November 2010, 11:39 am

Renny wrote:I say definitely try the DB DC. I love it. I also love her Cherry Kernal Butter (I may have that wrong). As soon as I get a chance, as in before the week is out I'm probably going to her leave-in or or one of the styling milks.

I also love the Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. Great stuff. I'm definitely going to try the Honey Hemp Conditioner. I've heard nothing but good things.

Renny, I think I read your review on Darcy's which was one of the reasons I was going to try it. Let us know how you like the styling milk. I used Carol's Daughter Hair Milk when I had a TWA and it was decent but my hair is longer and requires more moisture so it doesn't do much for me now. Thanks for your input!
flower
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 4th November 2010, 12:40 pm

Butter,

Will do. I picked up a sample of Carol's Daughter Lite Hair Milk from Sephora the other day so I'll try that soon. I received a CD giftcard as a gift and I'm trying to decide what to use it for. The PJ in me is itching to spend it. Soooooooooo silly. Like I don't have enough stuff in that bathroom.

Rolling Eyes
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 4th November 2010, 12:50 pm

Renny,
My PJism is horrible with skincare. I do damage at TJMaxx when it comes to soaps, butters, facial creams, body scrubs etc....so I would most likely use that card for her skincare products. IMO her company does a fantastic job with body products.
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 4th November 2010, 12:55 pm

Curly Film Chick wrote:I love Oyin Products, I've tried their honey hemp conditioner, Shine and Define, Whipped Pudding and Greg Juice. I've DC with honey hemp and it's nice. I've just recently tried the Curls Shampoo and it works really well so far. Kinky Curly Knot Today is pretty much my leave in. I could go on and on. I'm not much of a product junkie (anymore) but these are some of the ones I've come across and love.

That honey hemp conditioner sounds yummy. I like products that sound like something you can eat. I'm going to go with Darcy's 1st and next go round when the bug hits I'll try the Honey Hemp. When I run out of the Giovanni DLI that I use with Kimmay's mixture, I am going to try it with the KCKT. Thanks for your input!
flower
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 4th November 2010, 4:23 pm

Hey Butterfly, I know girl..its ridiculous. But in the end you will feel nice with the purchases homie. I am crazy with the skin care stuff too. And shoes and purses...lol Oh dang..its crazy.

@Renny...Whats up girl..lol..Yes if you remember I had just gotten the alma and olive heavy cream with the hydrating balm thingie...Its the bomb diggitty like taking it back to the early 90's... lol! then I loved it so much the little that i used, I went to NY that weekend and picked up the Burdock Root cream, because I know I would not have to necessarily dampen hair for that like the heavy cream...Renny!!!!!!!!!! Its the TRUTH...for real sunny
Next stop...Black Friday...I need the other things Qhem has. The gel, the Egyptian cleanser, the detangler ghee thing, and whatever else..U feel me?
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 4th November 2010, 9:55 pm

@Jean - bomb diggity. Girl, that is so funny. We can't help but go back to the common joint.

I'm definitely hitting up Qhemets on Black Friday.

I DO NOT need to discover anything else for skincare. I'm PJ in that area too. I have enough shower gel and lotions to keep me smelling good for five years. It's ridiculous.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down