CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes to Cucumbers or Carrots

+6
letha
misskris
naturalesque
curlista
yacoomba
coilykinks
10 posters

Go down

Yes to Cucumbers or Carrots Empty Yes to Cucumbers or Carrots

Post by coilykinks 22nd December 2010, 7:48 pm

I have heard alot about Yes to Carrots and Yes to Cucumbers.
I have seen both in stores, and I am not sure which one to use, or how to use it. The condish I have seen is not a leave-in, and I wondering if I can use it as a leave-in or is there a styler in this line of products.

Any Suggestions?
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Yes to Cucumbers or Carrots Empty Re: Yes to Cucumbers or Carrots

Post by yacoomba 22nd December 2010, 8:04 pm

coilykinks wrote:I have heard alot about Yes to Carrots and Yes to Cucumbers.
I have seen both in stores, and I am not sure which one to use, or how to use it. The condish I have seen is not a leave-in, and I wondering if I can use it as a leave-in or is there a styler in this line of products.

Any Suggestions?
If you go to the Products thread and type in Yes to Cucumbers and Yes to Carrots there are several different topics for each where individuals give reviews on both and if they've used them as leave-ins. I've used the YTCukes and YTT with great results (easy detangling, slip, moisturizing, and cheap at Ross stores for $2.99). Never used it as a leave in though, would definitely recommend HTH

Last edited by yacoomba on 22nd December 2010, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 22nd December 2010, 10:37 pm

The yes to carrots line is for "normal to dry" hair and yes to cucumbers is for "color treated" hair. I know a lot of naturals favor the cucumbers line, I use it as well. The conditioner has great slip, the smell isn't great though Neutral. I have used it as leave-in before and it was good (mixed with some water & oils.) They do have an actual leave-in for the yes to cucumbers line though. I haven't tried it.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalesque 22nd December 2010, 11:31 pm

I tried both of these products because of rave reviews on CN and NC's forums. lol.

They're both excellent conditioners with great slip, that provide a ton of moisture. In my experience, Yes to Cucumbers is thinner and provides more coverage with less product; whereas I find that I need more Yes to Carrots to get the same coverage. Whenever your hair is thirsty for extra moisture, I'd recommend you try either. Smile
naturalesque
naturalesque

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 22nd December 2010, 11:41 pm

yacoomba wrote:

Any Suggestions?
If you go to the Products thread and type in Yes to Cucumbers and Yes to Carrots there are several different topics for each where individuals give reviews on both and if they've used them as leave-ins. I've used the YTCukes and YTT with great results (easy detangling, slip, moisturizing, and cheap at Ross stores for $2.99). Never used it as a leave in though, would definitely recommend HTH
OH!!! I am gonna have to scope out Ross now for it!!! I love that store anyway!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 23rd December 2010, 3:33 am

misskris wrote:
yacoomba wrote:

Any Suggestions?
OH!!! I am gonna have to scope out Ross now for it!!! I love that store anyway!!! Very Happy
It's hit or miss finding a bottle or bottles these days, but it's definitely cheaper than getting it at some of the other retail locations. Just be sure to check the expiration date and make sure its not coming up soon on the one you choose. :-)
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 23rd December 2010, 12:30 pm

I think the ones at Ross has the expiration date that will expire soon and maybe that is why it's soo cheap.. My yes to Carrots I got from Walgreens and it has no expiration dates on it. But my cucumbers and carrots I got from Ross has the expiration dates.. Right now you can't find the Carrots anywhere unless its the regular price.. Ulta has a 20% coupon and I plan to get my Carrots from there or either Amazon.. It's not 2.99 but that is my favorite out of the 2.. Haven't tried the Tomatoes yet and it has an expiration date. So for the next few months or more I will be using Yes To conditioners until I run out of them.. lol
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 23rd December 2010, 3:20 pm

I like the YTCucumber; I have the YTCarrots that I got during a recent product swap; but I have not used it yet (I need to check the date on it I suppose). I have never seen them in Ross! But, I have heard you can find them there.
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 27th December 2010, 11:55 pm

Thanks ladies.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 28th December 2010, 1:06 am

Ive used them both and they both are great conditioner with great slip..but i favor the cucumber more because of the smell..the carrot kind of smells like grease to me

Next i plan on purchasing YestoTomato
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 28th December 2010, 1:25 pm

Here's my analytical side coming out (and i really did this too ya'll ...sigh lol)
I tried and actually love YT Cucumbers because it said it was for color treated hair. Now here's my logic: color treated hair in my opinion & experience (cuz I am so not an expert) ... usually needs way more moisture and I found out personally my hair needs WAY MORE MOISTURE than protein, etc.
When I began using it as an add in to my "kimmaytube mixture" of DC and sometimes as a leave in, I noticed my hair is super moisturized. I can't say that may happen to you but it totally one of my fav's, esp in the winter.
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 29th December 2010, 10:12 pm

cool. I saw the washout kind at target.
I am still looking for the leave-in.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 30th December 2010, 12:02 am

i found a YTC leave in at Ross, its about 8oz tube, not sure how long it will last but have not tried it yet! And I also noticed that the Ross ones have expiration dates and the ones in the stores like walgreens and target dont?? not sure what thats about
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down