CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How often are you cleaning your scarf, bonnet, pillow case? What cleansing agent?

+8
BajanPrincess82
sonance
curlya
ChrsLvsBks
1FlySista
Sebastain13
Madeaj
SherylsTresses
12 posters

Go down

How often are you cleaning your scarf, bonnet, pillow case? What cleansing agent?  Empty How often are you cleaning your scarf, bonnet, pillow case? What cleansing agent?

Post by SherylsTresses 22nd December 2010, 1:49 pm

Ladies, how often are you cleaning your scarf, bonnet and pillow case? What cleansing agent are you using?

I am not sure how to properly clean them and afraid I may be over cleaning it with detergent and under cleaning using “shampoo”. How do you clean your hair coverings? Just out of curiosity, do you apply conditioner, oil, etc after they are dry?
SherylsTresses
SherylsTresses

Back to top Go down

How often are you cleaning your scarf, bonnet, pillow case? What cleansing agent?  Empty Re: How often are you cleaning your scarf, bonnet, pillow case? What cleansing agent?

Post by Madeaj 22nd December 2010, 2:20 pm

I wash mine in the washer, usually with my delicates. But I have been known to throw them in with my sheets and towels. I don't use fabric softener through. I either use white vinegar or those all-in-one washing/dryer sheets. I've done this with the satin bed scarves I make myself. I've had no problems.
I usually wash them at least once a week, more if I use a lot of products and they get damp.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

How often are you cleaning your scarf, bonnet, pillow case? What cleansing agent?  Empty Re: How often are you cleaning your scarf, bonnet, pillow case? What cleansing agent?

Post by Sebastain13 22nd December 2010, 2:25 pm

Honestly I just throw them in with my regular wash & use detergent I never have thought about using anything else I try to wash them 1x a month
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FlySista 22nd December 2010, 2:27 pm

I wash all of my satin/silk hair scarves, bonnets, loc sacks, pillow cases and a few other similar items I wear together with Woolite on the Delicates cycle. I wash them every two weeks and after washing I allow all items to air dry.
1FlySista
1FlySista

http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd December 2010, 3:00 pm

I rotate three bonnets and two satin pillowcases (one my mom made me Smile ). I hope to get another pillowcase so I can change them more frequently.

I wash and dry them with my clothing once a week.

I think it would be a great idea to wash them by hand using clarifying shampoo or castille soap/black soap.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 22nd December 2010, 3:21 pm

I wash mine once a week; with my linen, regular HE Tide.
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by sonance 22nd December 2010, 3:36 pm

I wash them in the washer with my delicates but never put them in the dryer. I have so many of 'em that I wash 'em when I feel they need a wash. I sniff 'em.
sonance
sonance

http://www.seriouslynatural.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 22nd December 2010, 3:45 pm

I wash/switch out my satin pillowcases (I have 4) twice a month and wash/switch out my scarves every time I wash my hair (usually once a week). I wash them with my delicates using regular detergent (Gain).
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 22nd December 2010, 4:58 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I rotate three bonnets and two satin pillowcases (one my mom made me Smile ). I hope to get another pillowcase so I can change them more frequently.

I wash and dry them with my clothing once a week.

I think it would be a great idea to wash them by hand using clarifying shampoo or castille soap/black soap.

I do something similar. I have about 3-4 bonnets that I rotate and several silk scarves. I change my satin pillow cases 2x per week because I stocked up a bunch I found at Target. I'm worried about oils and other product residue rubbing on my face so that's why I try to make sure I switch them out. I just wash with my sheets/towels weekly.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 22nd December 2010, 8:56 pm

I have to wash my frequently or my face starts to break out from all the oils and butters that saturate in my pillow
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by ChakaKhanian 22nd December 2010, 9:15 pm

Sebastain13 wrote:Honestly I just throw them in with my regular wash & use detergent I never have thought about using anything else I try to wash them 1x a month

Same for me. I tend to wash my satin pillowcases with my bedding, according to color, ofcourse.
ChakaKhanian
ChakaKhanian

Back to top Go down

Post by ChakaKhanian 22nd December 2010, 9:17 pm

rayray19 wrote:I have to wash my frequently or my face starts to break out from all the oils and butters that saturate in my pillow

Glad you brought this up. My face, primarily on the right side, has been breaking out and it could definitely be due to the above.
ChakaKhanian
ChakaKhanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 22nd December 2010, 9:54 pm

I am just wondering does it make a difference on how often you wash scarfs/bonnets I had never really thought about it until I saw this post confused
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by NaptownCurls 22nd December 2010, 9:56 pm

I wash and dry them in the dryer weekly with my other clothing with regular detergent. I agree.... oils/butters on the pillowcase leading to facial breakouts.
NaptownCurls
NaptownCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by SherylsTresses 24th December 2010, 3:51 pm

Ladies, thanks sooo much for your replies.
SherylsTresses
SherylsTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down