CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SATIN SCARF, SATIN BONNET OR BOTH??

+12
Emartini04
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
CarlaAR
freckledmom4
misskris
curlytee
curlya
creolebeauty1
Ambitious_Tiff
ChakaKhanian
Lynnieluve
~*Kiana*~
16 posters

Go down

SATIN SCARF, SATIN BONNET OR BOTH?? Empty SATIN SCARF, SATIN BONNET OR BOTH??

Post by Guest 21st December 2010, 5:18 pm

I was just thinking, is it better to have a satin scarf, satin bonnet or both?? I have a satin bonnet, but I was thinking about also getting a satin scarf as well....been thinking about it for a minute now Smile what is so good about the satin scarf? (for those of u that do have one) do any of u ladies have both or one of these?~

Last edited by strawberri_slushee on 21st December 2010, 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

SATIN SCARF, SATIN BONNET OR BOTH?? Empty Re: SATIN SCARF, SATIN BONNET OR BOTH??

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 21st December 2010, 5:20 pm

well its easier to put on a bonnet when your hair is in a braidout or twist out with rollers....I have both, but mostly use the bonnet
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

SATIN SCARF, SATIN BONNET OR BOTH?? Empty Re: SATIN SCARF, SATIN BONNET OR BOTH??

Post by Lynnieluve 21st December 2010, 5:23 pm

I have both and sometimes I wear both depending on what style I am rocking!

Twistout - satin bonnet

Twists/brais/pin up dos- satin scarf and bonnet
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChakaKhanian 21st December 2010, 5:26 pm

The only time I use a bonnet is when my hair has rollers in it. The bonnet helps with preventing the rollers from falling out everywhere as I sleep. I primarily use a satin pillowcase for bed, though.
ChakaKhanian
ChakaKhanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 21st December 2010, 5:30 pm

I have both. The bonnet is more for when my hair is out. I use my scarf when trying to keep my hair in a certain direction and it'll be fluffed out later anyway. HTH.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 21st December 2010, 6:08 pm

you can protect your hair with however many scarves bonnet and pillow cases you want , i don't think the hair can ever be over protected .. i have 2 bonnets , 1 pillow case and a scarf lol i dont wear them all at once but in case i dont have one i use the other
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 21st December 2010, 6:20 pm

I use a satin bonnet and satin pillow case. Since I usually wake up bonnet- less. Embarassed
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by curlytee 21st December 2010, 6:21 pm

Satin bonnet
Silk Scarf - I prefer over satin

I don't use a bonnet with braids and twists..Reason being, the Bonnet allows my Braids/Twist to move all over the place,and bend. Then I'm unable to straighten out the bends out without spritzing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curlytee
curlytee

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st December 2010, 6:36 pm

curlya wrote:I use a satin bonnet and satin pillow case. Since I usually wake up bonnet- less. Embarassed
me too!!! I use both on pillow and bonnet. But last night my bonnet stayed on all the way. Usually if it doesn't come all the way off it's half way off but last night it behaved!!! LOL
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 21st December 2010, 7:14 pm

I have a bonnet, scarf & pillowcase. I use the scarf to lay down my edges, but I usually just sleep on my pillowcase. I'm always afraid that the elastic edge of the bonnet will wear down/ thin my hair line or leave lines on my face since it moves around while I sleep.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st December 2010, 7:20 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:I have a bonnet, scarf & pillowcase. I use the scarf to lay down my edges, but I usually just sleep on my pillowcase. I'm always afraid that the elastic edge of the bonnet will wear down/ thin my hair line or leave lines on my face since it moves around while I sleep.

Tip:: Flip the bonnet inside out
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 21st December 2010, 8:23 pm

I usually wear both since when I use a scarf to tie my hair (usually in a pineapple), I have soooo much sticking up out of the top that I need to cover it up with a bonnet.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 21st December 2010, 8:30 pm

I use both. I use the bonnet by itself if my hair is out but if its styled I use the scarf w/ the bonnet on top in case the scarf slips off. I also have a satin pillowcase but I never use it. I'm holding onto it though cuz when DH comes home I can use it when its time to um..tear up the sheets! I don't wanna remind him of his grandma! LOL sorry TMI Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 22nd December 2010, 11:25 am

LMAO!!! I hear ya!!! save that pillowcase!

I have a bonnet that ties, because I was afraid of the elastic one too.
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 22nd December 2010, 11:40 am

I'll use a satin scarf if I have a style I need to lie flat down if not I'll just use a satin bonnet.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 22nd December 2010, 12:16 pm

I have a satin bonnet, scarf, and a satin do rag looking thing [I think it's called a wrap cap], and 2 silk scarves. I just use whatsoever is closest to me when I'm ready to go to bed. Usually, the rule of thumb for me is bonnet for "out" styles, and scarves for everything else. Both if I'm wearing a puff. Bonnets + twists= medusa hair.

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 22nd December 2010, 12:33 pm

LOL @ Craving_Curlz:) You so crazy!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 22nd December 2010, 2:31 pm

I use them both but I use the bonnett daily I may use the scarf if around the house or when I am trying to make sure my hair lays down
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FlySista 22nd December 2010, 2:34 pm

I use three different hair coverings. 1. Satin Bonnet 2. Satin Braid/Loc Sack 3. Silk Scarf - my current hair style determines which covering will be used. As my hair has grown, it is mostly the loc sack lately.
1FlySista
1FlySista

http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaptownCurls 22nd December 2010, 9:43 pm

I use:
Satin bonnet flipped inside out so elastic banding is on the outside, when my hair is in W&G & twistout
Use the satin pillowcase by itself ONLY for nights when I say 'forget it' (I always sleep on it with my hair covered with the bonnet or scarf too)
Satin scarf when my hair is in twists to keep them in place better and also when I want my edges to stay smooth.
NaptownCurls
NaptownCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down