CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cristina Stay on Large Satin Edge Bonnet

+5
DreamMerchant
QuirkyCurly
CarlaAR
FalconTress
Shay Photography
9 posters

Go down

Cristina Stay on Large Satin Edge Bonnet Empty Cristina Stay on Large Satin Edge Bonnet

Post by Shay Photography 20th December 2010, 10:08 am

Disappointed...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So I have been trying to find a way to arrange my hair so that I maintain my curls throughout the night. I have tried many different methods and this bonnet was my latest failed attempt. When I woke up this morning not only was the top of my hair flat, it looked like a mushroom. (I wanted to cry lol) So again I found myself having to wet my entire head and I had to scrunch & I soooo would like to avoid this each and every morning. Luckily for me I have recently learned to diffuse so I didn't have to scrunch as much as I normally have to. My hair is at an awkward length so I need a method that will not have me looking crazy in the morning. Any suggestions? Maybe it's best to just sleep on it & give up. No
HELP!
Shay Photography
Shay Photography

http://www.wix.com/sheilajames03/thenikonqueen

Back to top Go down

Cristina Stay on Large Satin Edge Bonnet Empty Re: Cristina Stay on Large Satin Edge Bonnet

Post by FalconTress 26th December 2010, 11:41 am

Hello Shay,
Have you tried the "pineapple" method?

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Cristina Stay on Large Satin Edge Bonnet Empty Re: Cristina Stay on Large Satin Edge Bonnet

Post by CarlaAR 26th December 2010, 1:44 pm

FalconTress wrote:Hello Shay,
Have you tried the "pineapple" method?

Ditto, the "pineapple" is the only way that my hair looks normal in the morning. I pineapple my hair then add the satin scarves/bonnets.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 26th December 2010, 7:50 pm

Yea I used this bonnet too..I was not happy Sad

Gonna have to second the pineapple method and using a silk pillow case.
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 27th December 2010, 1:12 am

I use a hair sack. I am not sure how long your hair is but my hair sack smoothes my edges, protects my hair, and allows my hair not to be scrunched up in some weird position. I tae it off in the morning, give my hair a little shake and I am out the door. I got mine at Sally's but I did not see it on the website. It looks like a doo-rag but it has a sack in the back that you put your loose hair in.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by ebonediva 27th December 2010, 1:19 am

DreamMerchant wrote:I use a hair sack. I am not sure how long your hair is but my hair sack smoothes my edges, protects my hair, and allows my hair not to be scrunched up in some weird position. I tae it off in the morning, give my hair a little shake and I am out the door. I got mine at Sally's but I did not see it on the website. It looks like a doo-rag but it has a sack in the back that you put your loose hair in.

I use the same sack you're referring to. It's sold by the same distributer as the bonnet. It works well for not killing the shape of your style.
ebonediva
ebonediva

http://God Said It, I Believe It, and That Settles It....AMEN

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 27th December 2010, 4:31 pm

i wanna buy a hair sack (pocket bonnet) also. . .

they sell the Stay On brand at wal-mart, im gonna have to check to see if they have this one. its ridiculously expensive online($2.50 plus $6 shipping) , and only like $1.80 at wal-mart.

http://www.stayonsatin.com/satindetail.html[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i love the stay on brand, i have the tie bonnet one so far. and you're right, it does kind of smash the hair when its out. but its great for when im wearing twists and braids

JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 27th December 2010, 4:47 pm

My DH has locs and uses the sac when he's working outside - keeps his hair clean. I sleep in the bonnet, but turned the bonnet inside out because I didn't like the seam rubbing my edges.

I purchased them at Sally Beauty Supply.
Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Photography 27th December 2010, 6:52 pm

JazmineB wrote:i wanna buy a hair sack (pocket bonnet) also. . .

they sell the Stay On brand at wal-mart, im gonna have to check to see if they have this one. its ridiculously expensive online($2.50 plus $6 shipping) , and only like $1.80 at wal-mart.

http://www.stayonsatin.com/satindetail.html[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i love the stay on brand, i have the tie bonnet one so far. and you're right, it does kind of smash the hair when its out. but its great for when im wearing twists and braids

THEY DON'T HAVE THIS ONE AT ANY OF THE WALMARTS I SHOP AT. =(
Shay Photography
Shay Photography

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 29th December 2010, 10:30 pm

Shay Photography wrote:

THEY DON'T HAVE THIS ONE AT ANY OF THE WALMARTS I SHOP AT. =(

too bad. =/ they usually have the tie bonnet and the stretch bonnet at the one i go to, but they probably aren't gonna have the pocket bonnet at the one i go to either. Thetruthisoutthere said she got hers from Sallys so maybe I'll try there instead. I hope you find it
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Photography 31st December 2010, 5:30 am

ME TOO!
Shay Photography
Shay Photography

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 1st January 2011, 1:01 pm

That pocket thing looks awesome. I'm heading out to Sally's today to look for it. Shay Photography I vote for the pineapple as well. Pineappling has saved many twist outs and twist and curls.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Photography 1st January 2011, 4:37 pm

But is my hair long enough for that?
Shay Photography
Shay Photography

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down