CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a moisturizer and styling gel

5 posters

Go down

I need a moisturizer and styling gel Empty I need a moisturizer and styling gel

Post by CurlyGirly9 18th December 2010, 10:31 pm

Hey Ladies!!! I haven't formally introduced myself. I'm curlygirly9 and I am 11 months post relaxer. I am tempted to do the bc (in my case a little big chop). My hair has been extremly dry lately. Do you all have any product suggestions? and what gel/styling cream do you use that won't flake or leave residue? Smile

My hair detangled with knot today
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by CurlyGirly9 on 19th December 2010, 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
CurlyGirly9
CurlyGirly9

Back to top Go down

I need a moisturizer and styling gel Empty Re: I need a moisturizer and styling gel

Post by psbest 19th December 2010, 12:33 am

I don't have any. I am looking for some myself but I just wanted to say that you have beautiful hair!
psbest
psbest

https://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

I need a moisturizer and styling gel Empty Re: I need a moisturizer and styling gel

Post by Emartini04 19th December 2010, 12:36 am

Hello curlygirl and very nice to meet you. What are you using in your hair as of now: conditioner, shampoo, moisturizers, deep conditioners? Also what is your weekly to daily hair regime like as of now?
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyGirly9 19th December 2010, 12:38 am

@psbest Thank you!! and I love your hair in your avatar!
CurlyGirly9
CurlyGirly9

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyGirly9 19th December 2010, 12:51 am

Hi Emartini04! I do weekly hot oil treatments with lisa's hair elixir, I am currently using Herbal essences hello hydration shampoo and conditioner. I use kinky curly knot today leave in, and ecocustard to style (clear ecostyler, aloe vera gel, and olive oil). I usually do a bantu knot out and put my hair in a puff, on occasion I do a rod set. I oil my scalp during the week with parnevu tea tree oil, and I use cholesterol for protein treatments once a month
CurlyGirly9
CurlyGirly9

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 19th December 2010, 1:25 am

ok I see you live in nyc like me .. ru wearing your hair out? It's been pretty cold in NY and the cold air will dry your hair out fast!!

Also ru wearing a satin scarf on your hair at night or cotton? After you apply your leave in conditioner what oils r using to seal the moisture in your hair? It can also be the gel that is drying your hair out. I know a lot of ladies love the eco styling gel but me personally it dries my hair out even when I mix it with EVOO.

Also I'm reading the ingredients and your conditioner has silicone and more than likely the shampoo does also. Silicone can be drying to the hair for some but do wonders for some heads also. Me personally I can't use silicone in my hair because it dries it out really bad. It's possible you have the same problem.

Oh key question: how many times a week are you SHAMPOOING your hair?

Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 19th December 2010, 1:31 am

Thanks girl!
psbest
psbest

https://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyGirly9 19th December 2010, 2:11 am

@Emartini04 Thank you so much for the info. Since it's gotten cold outside I have been putting my hair in a puff. I have only worn it out about twice, I wear a satin scarf every night. I shampoo and condition every sunday and sometimes co-wash on wednesday. I seal with EVOO. I don't really pay much attention to silicones in the products I am using, that could be my problem. Thanks again your info is very helpful Very Happy
CurlyGirly9
CurlyGirly9

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 19th December 2010, 2:17 am

Yes maam. Definitely check those ingredients because something is drying your hair out. Also try using the shampoo maybe every other week instead of once a week or better yet every 3 - 4 weeks and just co wash to get your hair clean. If your shampoo has sulfates that could be drying your hair out also. If you insist on shampooing every week then a good cleansing creme (no poo) would be better for you.

No problem miss lady. Good luck.

Oh you can still wear your puff just try not to wear your hair out as much in the cold weather and make sure ur wearing a satin scarf under that hat.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyGirly9 19th December 2010, 2:20 am

I definitley WILL do all of those things you said. Thanks again!!!!
CurlyGirly9
CurlyGirly9

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 19th December 2010, 2:24 am

run
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 19th December 2010, 5:17 pm

I recommend SheaMoisture's Restorative Conditioner and Deep Treatment Masque. I tried them for the first time a few weeks ago and they are already my new favorite products. They give great shine and softness, and I haven't re-moisturized my hair in 2 weeks (bad, i know) because this twist out is soo amazing, and its still pretty moisturized from the first application.

My hair is usually never this shiny.

Theyre sold at Target stores and at Target.com.
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by catcurls 19th December 2010, 6:12 pm

JazmineB wrote:I recommend SheaMoisture's Restorative Conditioner and Deep Treatment Masque. I tried them for the first time a few weeks ago and they are already my new favorite products. They give great shine and softness, and I haven't re-moisturized my hair in 2 weeks (bad, i know) because this twist out is soo amazing, and its still pretty moisturized from the first application.

My hair is usually never this shiny.

Theyre sold at Target stores and at Target.com.

Sorry for going off topic but your curls are absolutely gorgeous!!! How long have you been natural?
catcurls
catcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyGirly9 19th December 2010, 6:23 pm

Thanks JazmineB, I did see this when I went to target the other day. I will try them... two weeks!? I can't go a day without re-moisturizing my hair and what's left of my relaxed ends (I was a bit scissor happy in the beginning of my transition lol). It sounds like a great product. Oh yeah your twist out is incredible!
CurlyGirly9
CurlyGirly9

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 19th December 2010, 9:55 pm

@CurlyGirly9- thank you! and lol I know two weeks is really bad, but my hair holds moisture pretty well. I was gonna wet and re-twist my hair after a few days but I just couldn't part with it, this has been my BEST twist out ever! I am definitely recommending SheaMoisture to anyone who will listen.

@catcurls- thanks! About 6 or 7 years
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by catcurls 20th December 2010, 3:48 pm

JazmineB wrote:@CurlyGirly9- thank you! and lol I know two weeks is really bad, but my hair holds moisture pretty well. I was gonna wet and re-twist my hair after a few days but I just couldn't part with it, this has been my BEST twist out ever! I am definitely recommending SheaMoisture to anyone who will listen.

@catcurls- thanks! About 6 or 7 years

Your twist out is just beautiful....you wear it well!
catcurls
catcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 21st December 2010, 7:04 pm

catcurls wrote:

Your twist out is just beautiful....you wear it well!

thanks!
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down