CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone tried the ALBA organic hair and body care line?

3 posters

Go down

Has anyone tried the ALBA organic hair and body care line? Empty Has anyone tried the ALBA organic hair and body care line?

Post by MrsJones 18th December 2010, 5:10 pm

I was at Neighborhood Walmart and came across their organic hair and body care section (which I had not known they had). Anyway they had lines like Burt's bees, Giovanni, and a line I had never heard of called Alba. Their products contain no harse sulfates, is ph balanced, and has 100% vegeterian ingredients. I want to try the coconut milk hair wash and conditioner. Has anyone else heard about or used these products?
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Has anyone tried the ALBA organic hair and body care line? Empty Re: Has anyone tried the ALBA organic hair and body care line?

Post by MrsJones 18th December 2010, 7:30 pm

MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Has anyone tried the ALBA organic hair and body care line? Empty Re: Has anyone tried the ALBA organic hair and body care line?

Post by naturallynola 18th December 2010, 8:21 pm

Alba has been around quite some time. I have only tried one conditioner, which is in the Rainforest lines. Its the Deep Hydration Cupuacu. From looking at the ingredients and the fact that it is an oil from the nut of a tree in the Amazon (high in fatty acids B Vitamins and anti-oxidants) and especially aloe as the 2nd ingredient, I thought I would get wonderful results. Used it once and it did not "wow" me as a "deep conditioner," so I took it back to WF. I could have just added honey and olive oil to it and a mucilaginous ingredient to get the moisture and slip I like, but I have so many products and I just didn't want to go through all of that when I could return it. I would be willing to try another of their conditioners though. They have a good reputation and some wholesome ingredients.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 18th December 2010, 10:15 pm

Well I'm new to the natural thing (hair, products, etc...) So I just discovered it. Im really wanting to try the Giovanni and Burt's Bee's though.
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 18th December 2010, 10:39 pm

Well, welcome aboard. Giovanni has a good line. Alot of the ladies here use the Smooth as Silk (SAS). It did not agree with my hair. Made it ""haylike." I do use the Giovanni Direct Leave-In. I put it in my spritz and sometimes I twist or braid with it if I rebraid during the week (rarity). Alot of people use and like it. I just used it to wash out my henna. One thing about Giovanni, I find their products are very reasonable. Walmart, Whole Foods (WF), online at Vitacost, Lucky Vitamin (great sales and good shipping costs, if you have to buy online). I know a few people who use the 50/50 and Giovanni Tea Tree. I have heard good things about it also. Hopefully, others will comment on their experiences.

I have not used hair products by Burt's Bees though. There is a lady on the forum who uses the Avocado Pre Shampoo treatment (so something like that). I went looking for it recently and the store was out. I would really like to try this one. It is suppose to be good for dry hair. I imagine and hope she will see this thread and chime in. I don't know anyone else who uses it. Hopefully, you are using the internal search engine to find threads for these products you have your eye on.

Alot of good options out there. But it is a trial and error kinda thing. When you find something that works well for you, take note of the first few ingredients and look for other products that have a similar formulation (not full proof, but helpful). Also, if you are not keeping a hair journal, I would suggest doing that. I have been keeping one for about 4 months. It is helpful. This is my 10th month transitioning. I have a long way to go, so I have to be observant-- Smile

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 18th December 2010, 10:56 pm

Hmm, thats a good idea. I never thought about keeping a journal. I have become obsessed with take pictures of my new growth though. I'm only going into my forth month, so you are way ahead compared to me. Lol, I think ill be asking for giftcards from target and walmart so I can satisfy my inner pj without coming out of pocket. Lol
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 18th December 2010, 11:22 pm

Hi, naturalnolagirl1900!

I'm chiming in about Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre Shampoo Treatment.
I love it! It leaves my hair soft and shiny. It is one of the few products that I have not abandoned for my go toAubrey Organics conditioners.

Here's the link:

http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/hair-treatments/avocado-butter-pre-shampoo-hair-treatment.html

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 18th December 2010, 11:27 pm

Wow that product sounds great! I will have to add that to my list of things to try
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down