CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will ANYthing get rid of this dandruff with just one use???

5 posters

Go down

Will ANYthing get rid of this dandruff with just one use??? Empty Will ANYthing get rid of this dandruff with just one use???

Post by misskris 17th December 2010, 2:47 pm

Hey ladies. Ok so some of y'all know that I henna's 2 weeks ago. I used the lemon juice the way the directions said (and I didn't even use as much as it said to cuz I didn't have enough) and my scalp has paid the price. Since henna'ing I have experienced scabs in my scalp ( I guess the acid from the juice burned my scalp) and now serious dandruff!!!! WTH??? Even with me using castor oil (New Castor Oil Challenge) it is flaking. And it's big flakes too!!! (gross!)

So....is there ANYthing out there (or in my kitchen caninets/pantry) that I can use to relieve the itchies and flaking once and for all??? With just one use?? Or maybe two??? Or should I just go get some Head-N-Shoulders or something?? My friend is cornrowing my hair next week and I would hate to go to her with all these big ole danduff cakes in my head.

Can y'all help a sista out!!!??? Pa-Leeeeezzzz!!!! scratch
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Will ANYthing get rid of this dandruff with just one use??? Empty Re: Will ANYthing get rid of this dandruff with just one use???

Post by creolebeauty1 17th December 2010, 3:20 pm

Idk if it will help in one use but when i first atarted i had extreme dry hair in scalp i cornrowed my hair and sprayed my scalp with a mixture of aloe vera juice and water it feels really cooling than i would oil my scalp every other day maybe that would help , i also heard the ladies talk about the APPLE cider vinegar rinse to help restore ph balance in scalp too
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Will ANYthing get rid of this dandruff with just one use??? Empty Re: Will ANYthing get rid of this dandruff with just one use???

Post by misskris 17th December 2010, 4:50 pm

Yeah. And I thought about the ACV too but since it's acidic too I didn't wanna just REdry out my scalp and prolong the problem or make it even worse.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 17th December 2010, 5:00 pm

If you think its the acid from the lemon juice that irritated your scalp I would stay away from the ACV. I'm not sure what you can do to get rid of your scalp problem, but have you tried doing a hot oil treatment? Also jojoba oil is supposed the mimic the sebum that the scalp natural produces so you may also want to try lightly oiling your scalp with that oil and seeing if it works.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 17th December 2010, 5:52 pm

Ok, thanks Kinks! And no, I haven't tried a hot oil treatment yet. I haven't done one in YEARS!! LOL. Do I heat the oil first or put the oil on and then use a heat cap??? LOL...that show's how long its been. I believe the last time I did one I heated the oil first. But I will try. LittleOne also told me to try a Clarifying shampoo so I may have to do a combo of things.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 17th December 2010, 6:48 pm

that's true abou the ACv so you may want use a clarif. shampoo than oil scalp than wet scalp idk for sure but i do hope you find a solution ASAP
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 17th December 2010, 7:13 pm

Thanks Creole. Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 17th December 2010, 7:36 pm

Are you sure that you are not experiencing an allergic reaction to the henna process? Usually henna calms the scalp and promotes healthy scalp conditions. I'm not sure what to tell you to help your current situation other than mixing a little tree tree oil in your oil mix to help heal and cure your scalp. You should definitely conduct a patch test should you decide to henna again.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 17th December 2010, 7:39 pm

No I think it was because of the lemon. And I probably left it in too long because about 4 hours in I felt it burning/tingling a little but it wasn't unbearable so I just brushed it off. I am pretty sure it was just the lemon, not the henna. But thanks. Oh and I did put tea tree in my oil mix but it hasn't been helping. Not yet anyway. Tomorrow is wash day though so I will reapply.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th December 2010, 7:51 pm

whatever u use, u will have to use it more than once b/c it takes a series of times when u wash ur hair and u may need treatments for ur scalp, depending on how bad ur situation is~

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 17th December 2010, 8:04 pm

It's probably not as bad as I am making it out to be and it seems to be worse around the edges, not so much like up in the crown and back. Mostly it's at the very front hairline and the pieces of fine baby hairs right at the ears. Thanks for the tip.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 19th December 2010, 3:27 pm

MissKris

After months of no dandruff, I had a period where I had a lot of dandruff, big crusty flakes. (ugly visual, huh) Just in front and along my hairline. I realized I was being a little heavy handed with my leave in products. I was getting them thick on my scalp and some of the dandruff was residue and part was dry skin that got trapped under the conditioner I was leaving in. I started simplifying. I made sure the conditioner was rinsed from my scalp and that my leave-in were only applied to my hair and only lightly to my new growth. New growth doesn't require as much product as the old stuff.

I also simplified my routine. I made my own 'grease' from cocoa butter, aloe butter, coconut oil, mixed with a little Smart balance (canola, soy, olive and vitamin e), jojoba, castor and extra vitamin e. Next time I might add some essential oil, but I like the subtle scent of coconut oil.

I only apply about a couple or three fingerfuls of grease to my scalp and hair every other night. Seems to be working. My hair is soft and not greasy, my scalp is moisturized, not greasy and no flakes at all. I've been doing this for two weeks now with good results.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down