CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moisturize...Seal...then moisturize...seal again????

+7
aprilj90
queenshakirah
naturally yours
creolebeauty1
makeupvixen
LaToya28
misskris
11 posters

Go down

Moisturize...Seal...then moisturize...seal again???? Empty Moisturize...Seal...then moisturize...seal again????

Post by misskris 5th December 2010, 2:55 am

So I was just wondering....

When you mositurize your hair then seal it with an oil or butter...do you moisturize it again the next day and then seal it again??? If it's sealed from the first time will the 2nd moisturizing go through??? I am just wondering if it's just stuff sitting all on top of each other causing buildup....

confused confused confused
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Moisturize...Seal...then moisturize...seal again???? Empty Re: Moisturize...Seal...then moisturize...seal again????

Post by LaToya28 5th December 2010, 3:02 am

I think that really depends on how your hair responds to moisture. If your hair is very porous it may absorb moisture well, but it also loses it pretty quickly. You just have to listen to your hair.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Moisturize...Seal...then moisturize...seal again???? Empty Re: Moisturize...Seal...then moisturize...seal again????

Post by makeupvixen 5th December 2010, 3:06 am

It depends on what works best for you. Mine is

Night
Deep condition, leave a little in
Moisturize on wet hair
Seal with either jojoba oil or castor oil
then baggy and go to sleep

Morning
Spray with water (moisture)
If dry add a hair milk
add a dime size amount of oil
then my styler
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 5th December 2010, 4:07 am

i wonder the same thing lol but i think after a few days your hair absorb it and its time to do it again
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally yours 5th December 2010, 9:26 am

i do the same as makeupvixen. deep condition, moisturise wet hair, seal and before i go to bed baggy. but the only difference is, in the morning i dont moisturise and seal. since i moisture, seal and baggy that nite my hair so its moisturise when i wake up. i notice a difference when bagging. i can go an extra day or two without moisturise and sealing vs not bagging. i do agree with latoya, listen to your hair.

Last edited by naturally yours on 5th December 2010, 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 5th December 2010, 11:26 am

Thanks ladies. It was just something I had thought about. But yeah, I guess listening to my hair needs and feeling it will be good. I just thought that since most oils don't penetrate the hair shaft then there should be as much need to redo and redo. Unless using coconut oil, which I love. Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally yours 5th December 2010, 12:11 pm

i love coconut oil too. it does penetrate, its one of the few oils that do.

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 5th December 2010, 12:39 pm

Ditto ditto and ditto lol.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 5th December 2010, 11:18 pm

naturally yours wrote:i love coconut oil too. it does penetrate, its one of the few oils that do.

Does extra virgin olive oil penetrate? because that's what I've been using lol
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by SwanLakeLibra 6th December 2010, 12:02 am

LaToya28 wrote:I think that really depends on how your hair responds to moisture. If your hair is very porous it may absorb moisture well, but it also loses it pretty quickly. You just have to listen to your hair.

I agree with LaToya28, my hair is very porous and I have to do the moisturizing/seal at least every day. Since it's getting cooler, I do it at night before bed, but during the warmer months I do it in the mornings. Also, I do not get heavy build up (plus I shampoo weekly). But this may be too much for others and it could cause build up. But your hair will let you know.
SwanLakeLibra
SwanLakeLibra

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 6th December 2010, 12:07 am

Hey April...here is something I found online...

"I am a licensed cosmetologist, and I can personally tell you that I tell my clients that olive oil is one of the best hair treatments you can give your hair. Its a cheaper and more affective hair in skin remedies that you can ever buy. Olive oil has all the natural fatty acids and Omega-3 that your body naturally absorbs well and craves, and your hair and scalp needs it too. When we shampoo our hair, we strip the natural oils from our scalp that provides the moisture to our hair, and thats exactly what makes us shampoo more because it messages our body to produce more oil so we strip it out again.
Olive oil is a natural way of replenishing what we strip out. It clings to the shaft of the hair and penetrates through it. Most commerial hair treatments only treat the outside of the shaft making it appear and feel healthier but it doesn’t actually help it heal the damage, because very few products have ingredients that will absorb through the hair shaft. However, it will do you no good if you do not leave it on for atleast 1 hour or more. It takes awhile for hair to absorb anything that you put on it, thats why alot of the time even with the most known and leading hair products such as Paul Mitchell the mask and Paul Mitchell Super Strong Treatment, go wasted because the back of the bottles tell you to leave them on for just 3-5 minutes like all treatment products. Its more beneficial keep any hair treatment on for an hour with a shower cap and sit under heat if possible. Heat helps your hair absorb any product quicker and more effectively." Found this on http://cooking-ingredients.com/what-good-things-does-extra-virgin-olive-oil-do-for-the-hair-what-are-some-good-ways-to-use-it-on-my-hair.html
Ialso read another comment that said it does penetrate.

Here's another...
"So, what is the best conditioning oil treatment that actually penetrates the hair? Answer; it’s PURE COCONUT OIL! There are only three oils that have been PROVEN to penetrate the hair shaft and reduce the loss of hair proteins. These are; coconut, olive and avocado oil. Sunflower oil and mineral oil will not penetrate your hair. The reason I mentioned coconut being the 'best' one is because it has a rather pleasant and sweet smell that most women would find quite easy to live with. The daily application of coconut oil is fantastic for improving your crown of glory. Though, it must be 100% pure and unadulterated coconut oil with nothing else added. And, it’s CHEAP!" This is taken from http://theartofbeingfeminine.blogspot.com/2009/03/hair-conditioning-oil-that-actually.html

hope that helps.

misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FlySista 6th December 2010, 1:45 am

creolebeauty1 wrote:i wonder the same thing lol but i think after a few days your hair absorb it and its time to do it again

Yep, after about 3 days I have to lightly re-oil my scalp and every 2 days apply a moisturizer to my hair that doesn't contain oil. I have a spritz that contains oil and some other products that I have to reapply about every 4-5 days. I usually apply a water and Infusium 23 spritz in the morning and nightly. My hair and scalp definitely absorb these treatments. Plus, the elements outside contribute to evaporating product from our hair.
1FlySista
1FlySista

http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 6th December 2010, 2:19 am

1Fly Sista, I like your avi...Your hair is gorrrrrrrgest...lol

MissKris, I love Coconut Oil, actually I love all the good oils for the hair. But I find that when I use coconut oil, it is great for a little while and then its kind of dry and rough. I use it anyway but I wonder do you get that?
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally yours 6th December 2010, 7:41 am

aprilj90 wrote:
naturally yours wrote:i love coconut oil too. it does penetrate, its one of the few oils that do.

Does extra virgin olive oil penetrate? because that's what I've been using lol
yes extra virgin olive oil does penetrate

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 6th December 2010, 9:47 am

I'm also not really sure but I've been moistutizing and sealing daily for the past weeks and so far, I guess my hair loves it.
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 6th December 2010, 10:29 am

oh ok, Lumii, that's good to know!! Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 6th December 2010, 10:06 pm

Thanks Kris! lol you really researched didn't you? Very Happy 'preciate it!
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 6th December 2010, 10:32 pm

LOL...No prob. i like to look up stuff that I don't know and then share with you guys. Or if I do know the answer I like to find stuff to back me up!! Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down