CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAN I CO -WASH MY TWISTS????

+3
Lynnieluve
Treece
Loving me
7 posters

Go down

CAN I CO -WASH MY TWISTS???? Empty CAN I CO -WASH MY TWISTS????

Post by Loving me 16th December 2010, 5:33 pm

Hey curly Gals,

So it took me all day 2 sundays ago to put mini twists in my hair. I get my daughter to school late in the morning when I have to fuss with my fro Rolling Eyes so anyway, I want to keep them in for at least another week. Twists are still looking fairly decent but my scalp needs attention and im feinding to feel some water and condish on my scalp and hair.

Has anyone done this? If my twists unravel and get frizzy im gonna have an attitude.... lol

Im staring at the condish now stepping in the shower in about 20 minutes.... yay or nay?

Thank you!
Smoochez Wink
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

CAN I CO -WASH MY TWISTS???? Empty Re: CAN I CO -WASH MY TWISTS????

Post by Treece 16th December 2010, 6:23 pm

I really would not. I co washed with braids and it was hot mess and some started to unravel where the hair is looser in the front, I can only imagine with twists. I would try taking and some water or maybe making a VERY diluted solution of conditioner and water and putting it directly on the scalp.

Maybe some other ladies here have tried and can give advice, but if you have mini twists, and since I haven't tried it, I would just hate for your work to go to waste. I'd rather take em down early then mess em up.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th December 2010, 6:31 pm

The answer is to your question is yes, you can co wash them but be ready to have possible fuzzy hair and shrinkage.

When I co washed my mini twist, I wet my hair with a spray bottle, apply condition to conditioner to my scalp and massaged it lightly. Stepped in the shower and rinsed it will little to no manipulation. My twist stayed in place but they were fuzzy and the shrinkage was crazy.

If I was to every co wash my twist again, I would take the same steps but I would put my hair in a pin up do so the fuzzies wont be so obvious.

I hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by iculukin 16th December 2010, 6:36 pm

I wash mine when I wear them and in between washes I spritz with a water condish mix or water aloe vera juice mix.... I love love love my twist then they are old and the water seems to breathe life into my twist and they look all bounce and nice!!! I also use tea tree, carrot or grape seed oils on my scalp HTH

I dont have issues with them unraveling at all!
iculukin
iculukin

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 16th December 2010, 6:52 pm

I'm just way too scared lol. but you ladies gave great advice. Good luck @Loving Me
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 16th December 2010, 7:10 pm

Well I went ahead and did it. - I let the water run over my hair (had my shower head on an extra light stream). I put the condish on my fingertips and lightly messaged my scalp, and patted a little on the twists and rinsed in the same fashion with cold water. I oiled the scalped and applied shea in sections...

Major swelling and Major shrinkage but no unraveling but my hair feels soft and bouncy and best of all clean! so im happy.

I wont know how frizzy this chics gonna get until its completely dry but if worst comes to worst i got a box of pins, lol.

fyi- I just have to retwist 4 twists around the front, gotta tame that!, its a potential problem, lol.
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 16th December 2010, 7:12 pm

Oh forgot to say thank you!

Thank you ladies-

@Treece dont be scurred! lol

jk
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 16th December 2010, 9:32 pm

I can't co-wash with twists, I tried it and they were way to fuzzy, and then once they dried difficult to take out. I don't know why because other people seem to have fine results doing this. But I wash with braids all the time and have no problem. What I usually do to keep the fuzzies to a minimum is spray my hair with a little aloe spritz while it is still damp and tie it down with a satin scarf.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 16th December 2010, 10:29 pm

Hey. i was gonna say yes you can but mine are always way bigger twists. But I have also had the problem of unraveling so I have to retwist them while they're wet after cowashing. The 1st time I cowashed with them in I just let them be and air dried. Then when I took em down they were matted a little. So to avoid that I have to retwist. But I do think that using some kind of oil or like some said aloe will help tame the frizzies.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 17th December 2010, 12:08 am

oil may also help with the shrinkage and the unraveling. BTW I was n the BSS and saw a wash cap. Kinda like the school lunch lady net cap but a thinker material that you can use to wash styled hair (braids, twists, locks etc...). havent tried it yet. i can imagine that one can wash with twist or braids. since iv gone natural and began to look at product ingredients many of the ones i use are water based, usually = water soluble, all natural (no cones parabens sulfates blah, blah, blah) so the only reason i wash my hair once a week is because i want to, not because it stinks, or its dirty, or has buildup or residue. If anyone has this same experience washing styled hair may be very easy since you dont have to do all the scratchin, rubbin and swooshin you had to do when you were permed. Light wash sessions = a clean maintained style. Only thing i would suggest is

squeezing the product into the twists (vs rubbing it in)
if possible use diluted product in a spray bottle for the scalp
squeeze product out when rinsing (vs rubbing hands through) to eliminate some of the frizz. in the past ive

sprayed/saturated my hair with diluted product
sealed my ends with a thick shea mix (to help with unraveling) then jumped in the shower to squeeze more product in (if necessary)
light massage
rinse and squeeze to get product out
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down