CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is there a right & wrong way to wash hair while it's in braids/twists?

2 posters

Go down

is there a right & wrong way to wash hair while it's in braids/twists? Empty is there a right & wrong way to wash hair while it's in braids/twists?

Post by thecollegegirl 1st July 2010, 1:45 pm

A part of my plan during my transition is to keep my hair in braids/twists (the type that you buy weave for). However, I'm seeing that my braids start to loosen if I do my routine of wash or cowash weekly, etc.

does that mean I'm doing it incorrectly?
b/c i know that i can wash my hair while it's in braids. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

thecollegegirl

Back to top Go down

is there a right & wrong way to wash hair while it's in braids/twists? Empty Re: is there a right & wrong way to wash hair while it's in braids/twists?

Post by khalii310 2nd July 2010, 2:17 pm

i used to have the same problem, as my hair was soft the the braids would start to slip. what i did was rather than washing under running water (sink, shower etc.) i would either stop the sink or do it in the tub. use just enough poo/con 2 get the job done, but not 2 much cuz then u have 2 rinse it more. wenu rinse try not 2 pull at the briad, like swish it around more so...

im not 2 good with explaining stuff so i hope u like get my point. an idk if i was any help, but its bette than nothing lol
khalii310
khalii310

Back to top Go down