CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling kinda depressed.....

5 posters

Go down

Feeling kinda depressed..... Empty Feeling kinda depressed.....

Post by summerbreeze76 15th December 2010, 8:32 pm

Does anyone else get what i mean?

Usually i feel this way when i have a bad hair day, but today was ok. I have my hair in small twists and in an up do. Ive just been having thoughts of straight hair and insecurities about my ability to style my natural hair like i want it. For example whenever i wear it out, it never seems to last or the edges look a bit too rough for me. IDK what is with me, I need and antihairdepressant!! LBVS

Ill just chalk this up to a bad day. Tomorrow will be better.

Last edited by summerbreeze76 on 15th December 2010, 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Feeling kinda depressed..... Empty Re: Feeling kinda depressed.....

Post by misskris 15th December 2010, 8:39 pm

Hey Summerbreeze. We all have those "bad hair" days. Don't let it get you down. I wonder if your ends just need a good old trim. That can often result in hair not cooperating with us because they don't wanna do anything but sit there and play dead!!! LOL You say your out dos never seem to last. What product do you use when you wear you hair out? But don't worry about it. Just keep working with it. It'll act right for you!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 15th December 2010, 8:49 pm

Summer, I second what kris said. We all have days our hair doesn't meet our expectations. Feeling a little disappointed every now and then is normal, but if this happens often, re-evaluate your products and techniques. I keep a hair journal and have been doing so for about 4 months. Nutrition, split ends, stress, dry/damaged ends can be barriers to our hair successes. If any of these are problem areas for you, there are remedies. If styling is not your talent (I am very style challenged), there are a zillion YT videos and the stylin and profilin category her on this forum. I find curlformers and straw sets to be confidence boosters and sometimes something new is just what the doctor ordered.

Also, I find concentrating on makeup and accessories (love big earrings) helps to not concentrate on a hair style that didn't come out as planned. Another option is to identify 3 or 4 styles you can master (esp. updos) and when your hair doesn't come out as planned, you have a go to style. flower

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by kellistarr 17th December 2010, 1:58 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself or your hair! Perhaps, you're demanding too much of it. Maybe your edges are just what they are and you want them sleeker? Maybe, you want your hairstyle to last for too many days and it's just good for a day or two? That's okay. Just roll with it and concentrate on your make-up or hair accessories. Whenever my hair isn't "acting " right, I stop and think, maybe my hair is just doing what it wants and I'm getting into deep. I don't remember anything different when I wore my hair straight. I still had the same issues! My edges weren't laying down, my curls wouldn't hold, I was bored with my styles, my blow and curl went flat after the first day! So, yeah, this happens. What I love about my natural hair is the versatility that it has. If I don't like something, I can just wash it out same day or next day without all the drying and curling and ironing. If I feel like I want a sleek look, I can break out those tools. But, I never choose that option. I think my natural hair is easy, even when I'm having a bad hair day. Smile!
kellistarr
kellistarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 19th December 2010, 2:23 am

I agree with the rest of the women. Don't be so hard on yourself. EVERYONE has a bad hair day. Maybe you need to go see a stylist and let them give you a good trim and show you different options on styling your hair. Also check out some of the girls on youtube for different hairstyling tips.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down