CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not to do with hair (KINDA)

+6
Isis
Music8192
BajanPrincess82
creolebeauty1
tpayne22
Imgettingthere
10 posters

Go down

Not to do with hair (KINDA) Empty Not to do with hair (KINDA)

Post by Imgettingthere 3rd February 2011, 5:54 pm

Is it just me or have any of you found that white guys love teh whole natural hair look more so than black guys? They just seem fascinated by it!!!! afro
Imgettingthere
Imgettingthere

Back to top Go down

Not to do with hair (KINDA) Empty Re: Not to do with hair (KINDA)

Post by tpayne22 3rd February 2011, 7:06 pm

Haha that is so funny. Because I will say that my white and hispanic friends were so much more supportive and excited I was transitioning. I have a lot of male friends more of other race then black and they genuinely will ask how I am doing in my transition and want to see pictures of my hair. On top of that I really want to BC and they are like DO IT. SO yea in my experience I totally agree with you. AND most interracial couples that i do see here the lady is a natural.
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 3rd February 2011, 7:16 pm

Yep most White, hispanic men and so on are more welcoming of natural hair than our own men a pity if you ask me lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 3rd February 2011, 9:19 pm

I haven't really found that to be true. Throughout my 28 years of wearing natural hair, most of my compliments have come from black men and women. Other races may comment from time to time, but nothing like my brothas and sistas.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Music8192 3rd February 2011, 9:29 pm

Imgettingthere wrote:Is it just me or have any of you found that white guys love teh whole natural hair look more so than black guys? They just seem fascinated by it!!!! afro

I agree Smile . I've met one guy so far, that is black and likes my hair. idk what's up with the rest of the brothas Razz
Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Post by Isis 3rd February 2011, 10:18 pm

Yea, I'm married my husband loves my natural hair (he's black and rican like me) And I notice I get a lot more looks from white, hispanic, even asian guys *gasp* than from black men. I even had a white guy ask me the no-no question....."Can I touch your hair?" silent
Isis
Isis

Back to top Go down

Post by Imgettingthere 17th February 2011, 3:18 pm

@Isis: lol! The no-no question! HA funniest thing I've heard today!! Mainly because it truly is a no-no!!

@Bajanprincess82: Laughing I think you my dear live in a wonderful place because I have yet to find one black man who agrees with natural. Natural looking weave yes but natural?!?!?!?! Shocked NOT THAT!!!!

I dunno I think its crazy I get 1 or 2 things from black woman. 1) being they LOVE it because their also natural, transitioning, or just like natural hair wish they could do it but they "dont have the time, patience, and are too scared of what other people will have to say. like her family, friends, co-workers," ..BLAH BLAH BLAH SHOOT ME IN THE FACE

And 2) why would you do that? "It's ugly, you look like a slave, its too much work, you'll never find a job..." BLAH BLAH BLAH SHOOT ME IN THE FACE.

I've learned to shut those kids down. BUT black men (straight ones at least) I think have been hooked on weave, of all kinds, and brain washed by Beyonce, and who ever else is at the top now to think thats what we should be looking like about the head.

I dunno, I'm rambling. I've just noticed that black men and natural hair no matter what lies they say on a camara are not really feeling it ma and share in the Method Man train of thought!

afro Crazy afro
Imgettingthere
Imgettingthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms. Moore 17th February 2011, 5:24 pm

*Sigh* When I went natural I didn't do any transitioning. I had shoulder length relaxer one day and then the next day it was as short as a guy's. I didn't even don the TWA! So I went from getting attention from the brothers to getting it from the others. I used to think it strange but I cannot wrap my mind around why it seems so. My husband (Turkish) doesn't care for when I do straighten my hair. He says it's not me.

Well, it isn't.

Ms. Moore
Ms. Moore

http://www.whatmoore.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 17th February 2011, 5:47 pm

I had this experience mostly when I had a twa.
I never got as much attention in my entire life from guys until the day I big chopped down to about 2 inches.

Guys were following me around saying I was beautiful with big puppy eyes like this ---> Shocked

It was weird and fun. Laughing
Almost makes me miss my twa.
Almost...

In my own epinion - it may be because the 'others' like us for our own 'otherness' to them. Wink

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by Imgettingthere 17th February 2011, 6:05 pm

Others like us because of our own otherness[b][i]

woot! LOVE IT @Aunt_Lola

afro dance afro
Imgettingthere
Imgettingthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenita 17th February 2011, 10:05 pm

Yes, i couldn't agree more. My fiance is white and he LOVEs the fact that i've decided to go natural and BC. woot!
Tenita
Tenita

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 18th February 2011, 12:02 am

Imgettingthere wrote:@Isis: lol! The no-no question! HA funniest thing I've heard today!! Mainly because it truly is a no-no!!

@Bajanprincess82: Laughing I think you my dear live in a wonderful place because I have yet to find one black man who agrees with natural. Natural looking weave yes but natural?!?!?!?! Shocked NOT THAT!!!!

I dunno I think its crazy I get 1 or 2 things from black woman. 1) being they LOVE it because their also natural, transitioning, or just like natural hair wish they could do it but they "dont have the time, patience, and are too scared of what other people will have to say. like her family, friends, co-workers," ..BLAH BLAH BLAH SHOOT ME IN THE FACE

And 2) why would you do that? "It's ugly, you look like a slave, its too much work, you'll never find a job..." BLAH BLAH BLAH SHOOT ME IN THE FACE.

I've learned to shut those kids down. BUT black men (straight ones at least) I think have been hooked on weave, of all kinds, and brain washed by Beyonce, and who ever else is at the top now to think thats what we should be looking like about the head.

I dunno, I'm rambling. I've just noticed that black men and natural hair no matter what lies they say on a camara are not really feeling it ma and share in the Method Man train of thought!

afro Crazy afro
I've lived in quite a few places (NY, VA, Germany, OK, and now TX) and have never really received negative feedback like you mention. I'm really surprised that people would be that ignorant to say stuff like that to you! I married a black man and have dated MANY, and none of them had a problem with my natural hair. Maybe its all in the way you style it or how you carry yourself...I don't know.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 18th February 2011, 12:38 am

I have noticed this in all the years I stopped burning my hair out.

I would like to think that I just look better with my natural hair. I feel like I do. I look back on my pressed/flat-ironed years and it actually added years to my life. I just think my hotness factor with big curly hair went up a notch, LOL.

Black men have been beaten into their heads that black women with silky straight hair is the bomb since they were young. Look at all the hip-hop music videos and the commercials that accompany those. Nothing but black women with long, silky hair. Silky, straight hair = pretty, sexy; afro = militant, serious and ugly. Evil or Very Mad Its OK if you have "good hair" though. No Its a sad situation all around.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down