CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Love My Relaxer!!!

+7
anayasmom
poeticlyspkng
rayray19
JessiWantsCurls
Ambitious_Tiff
QuirkyCurly
cluelesscurl
11 posters

Go down

I Love My Relaxer!!! Empty I Love My Relaxer!!!

Post by cluelesscurl 15th December 2010, 8:04 pm

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

I Love My Relaxer!!! Empty Re: I Love My Relaxer!!!

Post by QuirkyCurly 15th December 2010, 8:39 pm

This was interesting. I think people should do what they want to their hair. I mean its just hair!!
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 15th December 2010, 8:47 pm

It was a very honest article. Glad she likes her hair!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 15th December 2010, 9:04 pm

The article didn't bother me, but some of those comments from the readers ... sheesh ...

JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 15th December 2010, 9:08 pm

@ Jessiwantscurls
Lol, same thing I said. Extremists on both sides. I kinda felt what the person was saying about calling it a craze though...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 15th December 2010, 9:09 pm

Well said.. hair is just hair I think some people put too much meaning behind it..if you want to go natural..Go natural..if you want a relaxer then relax it..we all have different personal preference
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th December 2010, 3:49 pm

i agree w/ (naturalsincebirth).....ppl should be able to do whatever they want to do w/ their hair b/c it is "their hair" w/o being judged; i mean, ppl are ALWAYS gonna have something to say regardless whether ur baldheaded or a head full of hair and as far as "relaxers", yea it's labeled as bad for ur hair, but ur hair already dead, except for the root; however, i LOVE my natural~ Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 16th December 2010, 4:06 pm

I relate to the ease that comes with relaxers. But because I work out often, I did my hair just as much when I was relaxed. I sometimes miss my relaxer. But I found out what I didn't get a chance to find out as a young girl... I like my natural hair too. For me- it's not just hair. It's part of my expression of ME. I never believe anyone when they say "it's just hair". Let them go bald, by accident and say it... then I will believe them. Maybe they should say "It's just MY hair". I can buy that.

But I agree with most posters- I really don't care about who gets a relaxer. It's their hair. Their body. Why should I care about what goes into it, if they don't. The one thing I hate is that there is this term: "Going natural". It's a sad term. We are born natural. No additives. Somehow what we were born with becomes a "burden". And that's what I DON'T like about this article. She expresses it so eloquently.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by anayasmom 16th December 2010, 9:51 pm

For african american women, I think it's not just hair. Now if a white, asian or mexican person said it's just hair, then I would be in agreement because 99.9%(guess) have no problem wearing their natural texture. when they wear weaves, it really is an option. With most black women, relaxers and weaves are the only option because many blacks don't veiw their hair as beautiful. ex: a woman who has real jack up teeth puts her hand over her mouth everytime she talks and tells u she's about to get braces, but says she love her teeth either way. see how crazy that sounds! If thats the case, why your man, neighbor, friend can't see your natural hair/teeth?
Self-esteem issues! we should have no shame rocking our big heads, gut, height or hair, even if we think it's not flattering. when black women get to that mind frame, only then should we consider options.
anayasmom
anayasmom

Back to top Go down

Post by sonance 17th December 2010, 1:11 pm

It's more than hair. We are the only race that chemically alters our hair. Yes, all races color but no other race uses 'creamy crack' to achieve a more silky, straight texture.

I think more of us should love and cherish the hair that grows NATURALLY out of our head but that's just my opinion.
sonance
sonance

http://www.seriouslynatural.org

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 17th December 2010, 9:18 pm

adios mios.
Im glad she likes her relaxers.
Relaxers do make life easier.
To each his/her own.
BUT, it sounds like that article was written to make herself feel better for not falling "victim" to the "craze" of "going natural".
yikes!

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by ArmaniMaze 17th December 2010, 10:05 pm

@anayasmom
Mexican is a nationality. I think the word you might be looking for is Hispanic or Latino

ArmaniMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 18th December 2010, 4:16 pm

To me, natural hair is BY FAR much easier to maintain than relaxed. I spend 0 time in a salon and 0 money in a salon. No curling iron, wrapping at nite, etc. I just wake up in the morning, wet my hair in the shower, throw some product up in my hair and I'm out! Not to mention no worries when the wind blows or when I go swimming or work out.
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down