CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gone natural but reverted to relaxed

+18
trae
naomimaxine927
Karyn
Ekaette
~*Kiana*~
ladygogohot
FalconTress
aprilj90
morenachula
Ambitious_Tiff
courtrhapsody
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
naturally yours
bludini1
SummerSkye
j. kinky
creolebeauty1
CiaE
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gone natural but reverted to relaxed - Page 2 Empty Re: Gone natural but reverted to relaxed

Post by trae 11th December 2010, 1:34 am

Well I was natural for 5 years and then decided to get a relaxer again. I can't even tell you why. I instantly regretted it but i continued to relax for about 3 years. This time I am not going to relax again. It has been about 1 1/2 years since my last relaxer. I transitioned for about 1 year and I BC'd in Sept of this year.

trae

Back to top Go down

Gone natural but reverted to relaxed - Page 2 Empty Re: Gone natural but reverted to relaxed

Post by Ms.Fenty 11th December 2010, 6:18 pm

I'm really happy I found this thread, I had a pretty bad hair week and I'm seriously dreading the detangling session I'm about the endure. I thought about relaxing a few times this week because my hair refused to cooperate and I'm still in the process of learning about my hair. I normally LOVE my hair but this week I got to thinking that life will be even harder once I'm all natural, and when will I find the time to style it, and some of my (many) textures are soooo hard to deal with, and blah blah blah.

HOWEVER, the thought of a relaxer burn (thanx to this thread) has gotten me back on my path. And at the end of the day, if I can't handle my hair I will just have to loc it because I CANNOT tolerate the burning. I think I might buy a tub of relaxer and take a whiff when I feel defeated too, lol.
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 11th December 2010, 7:55 pm

Ms.Fenty wrote:I'm really happy I found this thread, I had a pretty bad hair week and I'm seriously dreading the detangling session I'm about the endure. I thought about relaxing a few times this week because my hair refused to cooperate and I'm still in the process of learning about my hair. I normally LOVE my hair but this week I got to thinking that life will be even harder once I'm all natural, and when will I find the time to style it, and some of my (many) textures are soooo hard to deal with, and blah blah blah.

HOWEVER, the thought of a relaxer burn (thanx to this thread) has gotten me back on my path. And at the end of the day, if I can't handle my hair I will just have to loc it because I CANNOT tolerate the burning. I think I might buy a tub of relaxer and take a whiff when I feel defeated too, lol.

Just a suggestion to help the detangling session: Try a pre poo on dry hair with oil and/or conditioner, finger comb it through your hair, rinse, apply our shampoo diluted in a applicator bottle, finger comb (don't rub) and rinse. Then condition & style as usual. HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 11th December 2010, 7:55 pm

trae wrote:Well I was natural for 5 years and then decided to get a relaxer again. I can't even tell you why. I instantly regretted it but i continued to relax for about 3 years. This time I am not going to relax again. It has been about 1 1/2 years since my last relaxer. I transitioned for about 1 year and I BC'd in Sept of this year.

I also transitioned for a year and BC'd Sept 2010. Good Luck!
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 13th December 2010, 5:46 pm

@Ekaette...great comparison pics.

Although I am not relatively in love with my natural hair yet and I've been relaxer free for 18 months, I still won't relax and it hasn't crossed my mind to relax. I'm too scared of the damage. I would rather flat iron first.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by Morshaye 13th December 2010, 6:16 pm

I would never relax my hair again. It's just not me anymore. I flat ironed my hair yesterday and I am already craving for my afro.
Morshaye
Morshaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2