CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP STRANGE HEAD SHAPE

2 posters

Go down

HELP STRANGE HEAD SHAPE Empty HELP STRANGE HEAD SHAPE

Post by Curly Honey Bee 7th December 2010, 1:48 pm

Good Morning Everyone,

I've been having an issue since i decided to start wearing my own hair. I always wanted to be natural but avoided it because the back of my skull is completely flat (probably bc my mother neglected to roll me as a baby). Well now that I gave my hair time to breathe and grow, I've been wearing it out. My issue is that I was weraing weaves for a while and perming the outer rim of my hair (i know terrible idea). So now that I'm taking care of my own hair (after so much hair broke around my rim) my hair is growing faster than ever. But it's still uneven, with some permed ends around the edges of my head. I was immediately told that I should just cut my hair and start fresh (even though i have a decent length in most places) and I wouldn't mind cutting my hair if I weren't so insecure with the shape of my head. When i do bantu knots, twist outs, or cornrolls and i see the actual shape of my head and I hate it. I hate that my hair is so confused and I would love to do something about it but I also know that the shape of my head is not going to work. PLEASE HELP... do you know of any good natural hair stylist that can give me a cut that will shape my face and head? or does anyone know of any short hairstyles that can help hide my head shape? (My other issue is I'm in corporate america so I don't want to get any edgy hair cuts) I feel like my only other option is to get braids but I wore them for so long I would really just prefer to wear my own. PLEASE HELPPPPP!!!!!!

Curly Honey Bee

Back to top Go down

HELP STRANGE HEAD SHAPE Empty Re: HELP STRANGE HEAD SHAPE

Post by misskris 7th December 2010, 2:09 pm

Hi Curly!! Well....How long is your right now?? Not sure how your twist out isn't working becauase if the twists are out, the hair should be hiding the shape of your head. I would stick with the longer styles for now and keep doing twist outs or braid outs. When you do bantu knots you can undo them and the curl you get from those should also hide the flatness.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Honey Bee 7th December 2010, 2:13 pm

Yea I don't leave my knots or my twist in. I was just saying I realized how awful my headshape is when i finish twisting my hair before bed and looked in the mirror lol. Yea I was thinking it should stay longer to hide the shape but the uneven-ness is also a big issue for me.

Curly Honey Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down