CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to moisturize my hair?

3 posters

Go down

How to moisturize my hair? Empty How to moisturize my hair?

Post by Tenacious99 31st December 2010, 3:48 pm

Hi Ladies,

I'm in my 10th month of transitioning and I need some advice. I've been rocking roller sets and flexi rod sets but I'm a little clueless on how to moisturize my hair on a daily basis. I don't re-roll my hair when I got to bed, I just simply but a satin scarf on at night and fluff out my curls in the morning.

So, how do you keep your hair moisturized while wearing roller sets or rod sets?

Tenacious99

Back to top Go down

How to moisturize my hair? Empty Re: How to moisturize my hair?

Post by Guest 31st December 2010, 6:00 pm

i've never used flexi rods or roller sets on my natural hair yet b/c it isn't long enough, but um how u could keep it moisturized is to get a good water-based moisturizer~

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 31st December 2010, 11:21 pm

If you use a water based moisturizer on a flexi or roller set then it could ruin the curls especially if you do not re-roll the hair every night. I use rodsets on my hair pretty often. I make sure to deep condition my hair before setting which aids in the moisture level and I use either coconut oil or olive oil in between sets when I fluff the curls. Coconut oil helps to moisturize my strands and gives me a nice shine. HTH. Very Happy
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by LCnewjourney 2nd January 2011, 1:55 am

Whenever I wear rod sets, I usually just put some water-based moisturizer (creamy, not liquid) in my palms, and then use my hands to fluff and try to focus on my ends. Then I follow up with coconut oil to seal. Hope that helps!

LCnewjourney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down