CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wash-N-Go on Dry Hair (Pics/Regimen)**UPDATE MORE PICS

+17
Naturalin2010
curlya
Umph
Sebastain13
Ambitious_Tiff
ChrsLvsBks
krazy coils
~*Kiana*~
teenatty
Renny
EMarie
jeanlouisangel
sweetdrk1
naomimaxine927
LaToya28
misskris
Fleur
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

4b wash go - Wash-N-Go on Dry Hair (Pics/Regimen)**UPDATE MORE PICS - Page 2 Empty Re: Wash-N-Go on Dry Hair (Pics/Regimen)**UPDATE MORE PICS

Post by Fleur 10th December 2010, 9:23 pm

Wow, I went MIA and my thread exploded without me. I had to take a mini-break from this board because I was here waaay too much, lol. I really appreciate all the feedback, ladies. You all rock! I took a chance with this idea, but it worked well for me. It's not something I would do all the time because I am looking to create more hairstyles with short hair, but at least I know that when I have a simple and quick hairstyle to use in this winter weather.

LaToya28 wrote:Your hair (and makeup) look great! I've never tried the dry wash n go, but it's definitely worth a try. I've have to get one of those brushes, or maybe a denman. Thanks so much for the tips, and you are right about all the products. I've always been pretty low maintenance myself.
Thanks girl. I was having a fit in this house with all these products. I had to remember that I am my own Master Stylist.

naomimaxine927 wrote:I have never tried a dry wash and go. That is something I'm going to have to try. Maybe in the summer, I'm trying to do protective styles this winter.
Hi naomimaxine927. Great to hear. I will definately be on the lookout for your review! Thanks.

EMarie wrote:Hey Fleur I will have to give this a try and let you know. Wash and go is my normal style and I do get a lot of shrinkage when I put the KCCC on wet so not a bad idea!
Emarie! The shrinkage is unbelievable with KCCC. Applying it dry will definately help you retain some length. It may not be much. With curly hair, you gotta take what you can get. Very Happy

jeanlouisangel wrote:Hey Fleur, thank u for that, and you r right... Smile
Thank you, jeanlouisangel.

Renny wrote:@Fluer - Thanks so much for sharing this. I love a WNG but haven't had any success with getting more than one days wear this winter. It's great in the summer for me. I'll have to try this. I have the Curls Whipped Cream. I'll just have to figure out what gel to pair it with.

Your hair looks lovely.

teenatty wrote:@fleur_nouvelle Thanks so much for this post. as u can see I dont have a enough hair yet for a wng but when I do I will look to ur post. I think your hair looks very pretty. I am a low matinence girl myself and I dont want to spend a lot of time on my hair. When my hair grows I will keep it simple. I use like five products in my hair already and its a 1/2 inch. Jamamcian Castor oil, tea tree oil, grape seed oil, this natural grease(forgot the name) shea butter. LOL. I need to really to STOP the madness. I am lookin for a good shampoo and conditor. I have been using motions with motions deep penetratin conditioner. I am totally obessed with products already. So thanks for all your tips. Very Happy
Thank you, teenatty. That product junkie fever is out of control! I had to be patient and realized I was the Master Stylist of my own hair and my hair pretty much tells me what it likes and doesn't like. My intention in this post was not to buy the products, but create a styling method to reduce frizz and create a quicker drying time for WNGs using very minimal product.

~*Kiana*~ wrote:I'm a low maintenance person as well, so I will try to keep my regimen simple like me!! It turned out very cute!!!
Thank you, Kiana! Let me know how it goes. Very Happy

krazy coils wrote:@Fleur I think the dry wash n go can work on longer hair. I plan to try it when the weather warms up again in the spring. But the key with longer hair is to apply a leave-in conditioner and let the hair dry in twists or plaits. When 80-90% dry remove the twists and plaits and apply products to hair.
Thank you, krazy coils. I figured as much. I hope lurkers and posters take note of your method! I copied it into a Word doc, lol.

Indidiiamond wrote:i am sooooo glad u posted this @fleur_nouvelle ....ur so right about purchasing product, just b/c someone else says they're good...u have to be the judge of ur hair; not anyone else and do what works for you Smile i too am low maintance and it's a good things b/c u don't have to do too much~
Indidiiamond, I am a minimalist with my hair. I've received compliments over the years regarding and I didn't really do too much work with it. I never used gel, hard styles, or use hair color other than an occasional rinse using soft tones. Keep it simple. You'll have more success that way. Very Happy

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Love the last picture! You are beautiful. You should join us in the makeup thread, if you have time. We share looks, tips, tricks, hauls, etc. We'd love to have you.
I will try it and let you know how it turns out. My hair is pretty thick and SL in curly state.

Oh my, thank you. I would love to join the makeup thread. When I was a teen, I thought I would become a big-time makeup artist, but that didn't pan out! I would love to give and receive tips. How fun! I added my comment below on your fierce hair.

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:Girl you are too beat! Love it! Never would have guessed you just did a wash and go. I have not quite figured that out yet. You look fabulous! Laughing
Aw thank you, Ambitious_Tiff. I am always looking for something different, or at least figuring some things out on my own. My hair is still short, so WNG are what's happening for me. It's winter time and my brain started ticking. There was no way I was walking outside with a wet head, lol.

ChrsLvsBks wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I can definitely see this working for me using Karen's Body Beautiful & Hair Cream after airdrying with my leave in of Curls conditioner, aloe vera juice/gel, castor & jojoba oils.
Oh my goodness! Your hair is incredibly beautiful. I'm glad the drier method worked for you. I was trying to think of something that would reduce frizz, dry faster in Winter, and use minimal product. Of course my hair was short, so I took a chance posting this. I'm so pleased that you were able to get it to work for you because your hair is long, thick, and really curly. Thank you for being the Top Model, lol.

Sebastain13 wrote:Im still in twa mode so this could be something that I could do after a wash or when I dont feel like doing twist/coils

Make sure it's almost dry when you start. Let me know how it goes! (And I'm jealous that you can do twists). Very Happy

Umph wrote:@ChrsLvsBks, I have hair envy Laughing I can't wait until my hair gets to that length. Beautiful.

@fleur_nouvelle, Beautiful. Definitely curl definition.
Thanks, Umph. Her hair is to die for isn't it?

curlya wrote:@ Fleur - Thank you for sharing...
This sounds like something I would like to try... a few questions. Are you doing this everyday?
and if so does it feel like there is build up?
Curlya, I was able to rehydrate it and it foamed again, no additional product needed (except for sheen). I didn't add anything heavy else until Day 3. It was then that my hair was begging for a wash. That is not outside the norm for me. I get the twitches to wash my hair a couple of times a week sometimes.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

4b wash go - Wash-N-Go on Dry Hair (Pics/Regimen)**UPDATE MORE PICS - Page 2 Empty Re: Wash-N-Go on Dry Hair (Pics/Regimen)**UPDATE MORE PICS

Post by Sweet Tee 13th December 2010, 3:08 am

I love it!!!

Sounds so simple-
& I love SIMPLE!!!

I must try this-
like TOMORROW!!!

Thanx Fleur!!!
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th December 2010, 2:41 pm

Hey Ladies!!
ChrsLvsBks, Your hair does look great! I want to try it but is is so cold here lately, especially for the Atlanta area!!! (bbrrrrr!!!) So How long does that take to dry??? I guess cuz it still looks wet I'm thinking it takes long to dry. I Am hesitant to wear my hair out though because I have been doing protective twists/ braids for about a month now. I mean I know a day or 2 won't hurt but ....
After you did "Karen's Body Beautiful & Hair Cream after airdrying with my leave in of Curls conditioner, aloe vera juice/gel, castor & jojoba oils." did you then let that air dry too?? And I don't have the Karen's or Curls so what would you recommend?? I do have the aloe, castio and jojoba though.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th December 2010, 3:02 pm

misskris wrote:Hey Ladies!!
ChrsLvsBks, Your hair does look great! I want to try it but is is so cold here lately, especially for the Atlanta area!!! (bbrrrrr!!!) So How long does that take to dry??? I guess cuz it still looks wet I'm thinking it takes long to dry. I Am hesitant to wear my hair out though because I have been doing protective twists/ braids for about a month now. I mean I know a day or 2 won't hurt but ....
After you did "Karen's Body Beautiful & Hair Cream after airdrying with my leave in of Curls conditioner, aloe vera juice/gel, castor & jojoba oils." did you then let that air dry too?? And I don't have the Karen's or Curls so what would you recommend?? I do have the aloe, castio and jojoba though.
I do not think it took too long. My head did not feel cold going out of doors, and it was cold that day. It was pretty dry by the time I took that picture. My hair dries pretty quickly (4-6 hours). I think it is because I henna and try to clarify at least once a month. I also plop for at least 15 minutes before and after applying my LI.

I have not tried this style on clean hair yet. This is when I plan to use my LI with Curls conditioner, aloe vera & oils and KBB's LI & hair cream. I have only done it on dry hair that was previously moisturized (LI & another creamy moisturizer). Let me know what moisturizers and curl creams/gels you have and I can offer some suggestions.

@fleur, LOL re: Top Model.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 13th December 2010, 3:07 pm

Ok, My leave in is Cantu shea. (which I like a lot so far). I don't have any curl creams. I do have a curl moisturizing lotion though I think by African Pride, or African something. And the the Softee super freeze protein styling gel.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th December 2010, 6:12 pm

misskris wrote:Ok, My leave in is Cantu shea. (which I like a lot so far). I don't have any curl creams. I do have a curl moisturizing lotion though I think by African Pride, or African something. And the the Softee super freeze protein styling gel.
I would try what you have. I highly suggest mixing a small amount of each product in your hand before applying it to your hair. Cantu has a tendency to create white balls when mixed with some products. I'd hate to have you end up having to try to correct the white ball issue.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 14th December 2010, 7:27 pm

fleur - I think you're on to what works for you. Your hair looks very healthy and shiny. The curls are well defined and gorgeous!
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 14th December 2010, 8:20 pm

Thank you, TLog77! Your hair is fabulous and very healthy as well! I styled my hair dry again using Darcy's and it came out even better! I guess I did find "my thing".
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 14th December 2010, 8:38 pm

Lol, I know the feeling Fleur. Glad you're back!! Keeping it simple is wear its at!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 14th December 2010, 8:47 pm

Ok! Giving you some dap! Very Happy
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 14th December 2010, 10:49 pm

I would like to try this, but I doubt I could brush my hair. My friend did a impromptu length check on the back of my hair by stretching one of my curls and I'm actually at BSL back there! (APL in the front). Brushing my hair takes it out. Does anyone do this w/o a brush?

I'm also an oil and butter person. The only gel I have is KCCC, Kiss My Face Upper Management and Eco (which I rarely use)...Wonder if any of my butters and a light gel would work...
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 15th December 2010, 2:48 am

I tried this with VO5 condish mixed with oil and Ecostyler (olive).

What a DISASTER!!!

I had li'l white clumps errywhurr!!!

I thing I used the wrong product combo,
but it did allow me to do a length check
while combing the product thru.

I will try again,
but with products closer to what Fleur used.
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 15th December 2010, 3:00 am

Sweet Tee, I would ditch the conditioner mix or use very little conditioner as a base before styling. I found out that the conditioner is the culprit for white hair. It loves to foam when it gets moist. The Curls pomade was sleak and had many oils in it, so I didn't have to apply oil at all (7 bucks @ Target). Try using an oil-based product and your gel, then see what happens. Thanks for your input!!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 15th December 2010, 3:17 am

Thanx, Fleur!

I will- something like Jam
(you mentioned that originally).

It was my fault though-
I was too lazy to go to the BSS Sad

I'll hit it tomorrow!!!
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 15th December 2010, 12:46 pm

CarlaAR (14th December 2010, 8.49 pm) wrote:I would like to try this, but I doubt I could brush my hair. My friend did a impromptu length check on the back of my hair by stretching one of my curls and I'm actually at BSL back there! (APL in the front). Brushing my hair takes it out. Does anyone do this w/o a brush?

I'm also an oil and butter person. The only gel I have is KCCC, Kiss My Face Upper Management and Eco (which I rarely use)...Wonder if any of my butters and a light gel would work...
I did not use a brush, I just ran my fingers through my hair. When I use a brush, I lose my curls. I'd say try your butters and gel.

Sweet Tee (15th December 2010, 12.48 am) wrote:I tried this with VO5 condish mixed with oil and Ecostyler (olive).

What a DISASTER!!!

I had li'l white clumps errywhurr!!!

I thing I used the wrong product combo,
but it did allow me to do a length check
while combing the product thru.

I will try again,
but with products closer to what Fleur used.
When trying new product combinations, try putting a small amount of each product in your hand and rubbing them together. This way you can see if white clumps form. It can alleviate a lot of stress and frustration by trying to start over. If you forget, many apply oil to get rid of white clumps & others rinse hair briefly under shower stream. HTH
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 15th December 2010, 3:42 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
CarlaAR (14th December 2010, 8.49 pm) wrote:I would like to try this, but I doubt I could brush my hair. My friend did a impromptu length check on the back of my hair by stretching one of my curls and I'm actually at BSL back there! (APL in the front). Brushing my hair takes it out. Does anyone do this w/o a brush?

I did not use a brush, I just ran my fingers through my hair. When I use a brush, I lose my curls. I'd say try your butters and gel.

Thanks! I will.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 15th December 2010, 8:55 pm

Thanx ChrsLvsBks!
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 19th December 2010, 2:19 am

Ok ladies. I tried the same wash, condition, dry styling method using the new Darcy Botanicals Curl Cream Gel, Kinky Curly Curling Custard, EVOO for a base-- and that's it. I didn't use a leave-in conditioner because 1) I didn't think I needed it after the DC and 2) the leave-in has been the culprit for the white ball look in my hair. It turned out perfectly fine.

The drying time was longer (2 1/2 hours) because the Darcy's curl cream gel is more liquid-like. I love this product. The curl cream has mixed reviews, but I tried this cream gel and I'm adding it to my must-have products because it has amazing slip, it's not heavy, and it gives me great definition and shine.

So I figured out that styling on dry hair is what's up for me. It still dries faster than my wet wash-n-go styles, plus I have faaaaaar less frizzy hair compared to my dripping wet hair. I also have more success with the most challenging part of my hair--the front and crown. The hair there consists of waves and do not match any other part of my hair. I struggled with that part, but locking it down when it was almost dry reduced how much it laid flat when I was smoothing products on it was wet. So UPDATE:

The combination did not foam up like when I used the previous 3 products and I contribute that to the leave-in. I am not surprised by that because I could never use leave-in conditions. If I left it alone, it would dry but as soon as water touched--foam or little white balls. I skipped it and it didn't make a difference. USE YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT DURING THIS PART. I cleaned up those 3 white parts (KCCC) after I finished styling. Bless the inventor of the lighted mirror.

After 1 1/2 hours. Still damp, but almost dry. Great shine and definition using oil as a base, the curl cream-gel, and custard.

I had some flowers in my drawer so I decided to do something with them. I was thinking of women in the 30's and 40's so I decided to put the flowers towards the back of my hair instead of the front. I tried putting them in the front for 2 seconds and realized that they took too much attention from my hair because they were HUGE. I like the subtlety of the flowers delicately peeking from the back.

Front look. I have my Christmas look. Yay! I got a lot of comments when I was walking in the mall tonight and many of them were from the sisters. Most of them said they could never pull it off or their hair is too rough, and blah, blah, blah. I did my best to encourage them by telling them about my experience, directing them to various sites, (including this one of course), and YOUTUBE. **Crossing fingers***

Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 19th December 2010, 3:23 am

Very Pretty!!!!!!
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by molove87 19th December 2010, 3:42 am

Fleur, the flowers to the back are pretty!!
molove87
molove87

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 19th December 2010, 1:43 pm

Thank you, Sweet Tee and Molove87. I finally figured out that I can wash and style my hair in less than an hour.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 19th December 2010, 2:00 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
misskris wrote:Ok, My leave in is Cantu shea. (which I like a lot so far). I don't have any curl creams. I do have a curl moisturizing lotion though I think by African Pride, or African something. And the the Softee super freeze protein styling gel.
I would try what you have. I highly suggest mixing a small amount of each product in your hand before applying it to your hair. Cantu has a tendency to create white balls when mixed with some products. I'd hate to have you end up having to try to correct the white ball issue.
Hey Chrs. I am just now seeing this comment from you (sorry) But I actually tried a recipe similar (or so I thought) to Kimmaytubes leave in and it got the white balls all in it. It was annoying but I kinda just rubbed them in until they disappeared. And I wasn't goin anywhere that day so it didn't matter. But I will try some other recipe soon. Thanks for the tip though. I'll have to remember to mix all in my hand 1st to see what happens. Thanks Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 20th December 2010, 7:24 am

Really cute!
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th December 2010, 9:04 pm

@fleur.....GOOD RESULTS Smile .....only thing, i found out my hair loves to soak up water and whenever i put my moisturizer on, the water is in my hair; i love it (can't explain it) anyways this is cute~

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 20th December 2010, 9:45 pm

Hi indidiiamond! Thanks for your sweet comments. My hair gets drunk on water as well. I am only doing this style on dry hair for the folks who don't wet hair all throughout the day in the winter.

Thank you, TLog! I am loving your hair. You should post a style post for your hair in this thread.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next