CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP the hair in the middle back of my head WONT GROW!

+2
deeply_rooted_chick
thatmochagirl
6 posters

Go down

HELP the hair in the middle back of my head WONT GROW! Empty HELP the hair in the middle back of my head WONT GROW!

Post by thatmochagirl 16th October 2010, 11:12 am

I got my big chop back on June 24th 2010.
I lost about 8 inches or more of hair and the woman who cut my hair did a terrible job, leaving me with all different lengths of hair. The middle of my head - the middle hair was cut the shortest.
Three months later I see that there isn't much growth going on in that kinky section of my 3C hair. That is my 4a/b area so it lacks the length retain like my sides and lower back of hair has. I deep condition all the time- and take a lot of care with my hair... what else should I do to get more growth in that area ?
thatmochagirl
thatmochagirl

Back to top Go down

HELP the hair in the middle back of my head WONT GROW! Empty Re: HELP the hair in the middle back of my head WONT GROW!

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 16th October 2010, 12:01 pm

have u been protective styling?
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

HELP the hair in the middle back of my head WONT GROW! Empty Re: HELP the hair in the middle back of my head WONT GROW!

Post by FalconTress 16th October 2010, 12:34 pm

Other than deep conditioning, what other steps are in your wash day regimen
and how are you styling your hair?

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by thatmochagirl 16th October 2010, 12:59 pm

I detangle my hair when wet- I co-wash 2/3 times a week and I do protective style- usually with a high bun or wearing my hair in up-do's.

I haven't experienced much breakage, and my hair is growing all over at a good rate- but the middle is my trouble area.

Should I increase the moisture in that area, and try to do more scalp massages with oil ?
thatmochagirl
thatmochagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 16th October 2010, 1:11 pm

Your high bun and up-do maybe putting too much tension on the middle and back of your hair. I suggest that you make some changes with your styles.

Hair generally grows at 1/4 to 1/2 inch a month and it does not grow at the same rate on all sections of our head. It is difficult to see growth in tightly coiled hair.

Since you BC'd barely three months ago, I suggest that you continue your routine, make sure that you do not have any tension in your protective style, and reassess the situation in three months.

A watched pot never boils?
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th October 2010, 4:56 pm

Hair does not grow even. My crown/top grows faster than my sides. And the very front (looser textured hair) grows the slowest.

I'm sure your hair is growing but just not at the rate as the rest of your hair.

I agree with NaturallyEsq. Keep up your regimen and hang in there!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by thatmochagirl 19th October 2010, 9:48 am

Thanks everyone!!!! I will deff - try to be more patient and wear different hair styles to not put tension on the middle of my hair!

thatmochagirl
thatmochagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 19th October 2010, 1:45 pm

I agree with Lynnie, and also when I cut my own hair, I cut it all at the same point but the back seems flat because it shrinks up so much compared to the 3b in the front, and 3c elsewhere. It probably is growing, but type 4 hair shrinks up A LOT.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by thatmochagirl 19th October 2010, 2:23 pm

yes I did notice there is much more shrinkage in the middle than around my sides and front of hair!
thatmochagirl
thatmochagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down