CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is not easy...

4 posters

Go down

This is not easy... Empty This is not easy...

Post by JazzyCurlyRN 29th November 2009, 10:17 pm

Hey!!!

I am so new to all of this and it is super scary. My last relaxer was May 22, 2006 and I have officially been relaxer free for 1 year now. I have never done a BC, I "transitioned" (if you can call it that) with a bi-weekly straightening of some sort and style. I am at a point where I want to wake up in the morning feeling "kinky & curly". The issue I am having is by never missing a straightening appointment I am left with 2 hair textures. On the one side my hair is a complete 4a/b and on the other it look like I am transitioning. Some parts are completely straight and other parts have straight ends all from heat damage.

I need help at the moment I am doing a twist and curl, which last only about 2-3 days before I get annoyed with the look of it.
So her are my questions:
1. What are some styles that will last a little longer?
2. Are there any regimens that would promote hair growth?
3. Are there any sites for PJs? I have a serious problem :-)

Thanks in advance JCRN
JazzyCurlyRN
JazzyCurlyRN

Back to top Go down

This is not easy... Empty Re: This is not easy...

Post by My Hair Fetish 30th November 2009, 4:49 pm

I love your post....It really isnt easy. hahaha.. You can check out https://www.youtube.com/user/crownofHisglory i love her styles, they are cute and easy. I hope that this helps....Nita
My Hair Fetish
My Hair Fetish

http://public.fotki.com/MyHairFetish/

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 30th November 2009, 5:02 pm

@JazzyCurlyRN, hey there my motown sista... born and raised in Detroit and just move to Houston a few months ago. I am currently transitioning and I'm only two months into it. I have been doing bantu knot outs and two strand flat twist out. You can search these styles on Youtube to see tutorials or you can go to the curlynikki home page and click on transitioning to see styles. You just have to play around with your hair to try styles out to see what works and holds up best.

1. Bantu knot outs or two stand twist outs
2. I use Frenchee's Super Hair Growth (read instructions on the back) you can find it in the hood at you local "Lee's Beauty Supply" among others. It smells bad but it works wonders for me.
3. Shen Min hair nutrient vitamins for women, I recommend getting them at Vita Mart or the Vitamin Shoppe, they are more expensive at GNC

hope that info helps
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyCurlyRN 1st December 2009, 1:25 pm

@Hair Fetish- Thank you for the YouTube Link I am gonna start looking.

@Loveself- I am absolutely Detroit born and raised, and like you I will be moving on very soon. Congrats on your decision to go natural and good luck with the transition... I transitioned for 2 years and got bi-weekly trims so I never did a BC, I have been natural for about a year now... Thanks for you suggestions I am gonna do some research and try a couple things...
JazzyCurlyRN
JazzyCurlyRN

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 1st December 2009, 2:16 pm

@JazzyCurlyRN,,,thank you and good luck!
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by VickiC2003 1st December 2009, 4:02 pm

@Jazzy, I am having the same problem because I transitioned the same way. I flat ironed my hair for the year that I transitioned. I am now having to deal with straight edges!! Ugh...It's frustrating, but, do not be discouraged. I have not flat ironed my hair in about 3 weeks. I've just been doing two strand twist out's trying to encourage my hair to curl back up on its own. I've also been trimming a lot of those straight pieces off. I had no idea when I was transitioning that I should not have been flat ironing so often. Instead of getting too upset with myself, I just take it as a huge learning experience. Now I know what not to do....Patience is key at this point..
VickiC2003
VickiC2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down