CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CALLING ALL LADIES WITH TYPE 4 HAIR!!! NO 3'SS PLEASE!

+19
Ms.Fenty
Morshaye
CiaE
Color_Me_Coily
Thetruthisoutthere
Cupcake415
Neems
teenatty
creolebeauty1
rayray19
thetiffany
FalconTress
dajewel
jeanlouisangel
Renny
over40fab
makeupvixen
fanmnatirel
aliyakeys
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CALLING ALL LADIES WITH TYPE 4 HAIR!!! NO 3'SS PLEASE! - Page 2 Empty Re: CALLING ALL LADIES WITH TYPE 4 HAIR!!! NO 3'SS PLEASE!

Post by v3tt3 14th January 2011, 3:49 pm

In addition, I have also started using Hawaiin Silky as my leave in to do the kimmytube leave in mixture: 2 tbs leave in/2 tbs aloe vera juice/2 tsp castor oil/2 tsp jojoba oil(not sure of the exact mixture, but u can look up her youtube video on the subject). I can definately say my hair has been as soft as ever. I even started going an extra route to two strand twist my hair at night before going to bed using a little of the Hawaiin Silky on my finger tips. The next morning, for work, I carefully unravel my twist use my goody band to make a puff. This has given me more curl definition and a softer hold than when I first started doing my puff using oils and gel alone. I'm only 4 months myself, but I've been given alot of great advice from our other "curlynikki" sisters and I'm slowly creating a hair plan that suits me! Smile Don't be afraid to ask questions and visit other topics n this forum, because it does help!
v3tt3
v3tt3

https://facebook.com/vette.hughes

Back to top Go down

CALLING ALL LADIES WITH TYPE 4 HAIR!!! NO 3'SS PLEASE! - Page 2 Empty Baby Buttercreme for moisture

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 21st January 2011, 5:36 pm

Late post -

I know many dislike Miss Jessies - and I'm one of them. I feel they're horrendously overpriced.

A friend recommended their "Baby Buttercreme", and oh my goodness has my hair been soft.

I have used it three times and am liking it so far.
Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

CALLING ALL LADIES WITH TYPE 4 HAIR!!! NO 3'SS PLEASE! - Page 2 Empty Re: CALLING ALL LADIES WITH TYPE 4 HAIR!!! NO 3'SS PLEASE!

Post by Jo Somebody 21st January 2011, 6:35 pm

Ms.Fenty wrote:You might also want to identify whether or not your hair is fine or thick (strand wise). Fine hair tends to not need as much product or heavy products. I have mostly "type 4" hair and its mostly thick, but there are a few small sections that are fine and they get overwhelmed when I put the amount of product in that is necessary for the rest of my hair. AND I've heard/seen plenty of girls w/fine "type 4" hair who use totally different products than girls w/thick "type 4" hair.

Right now my hair is loving Aussie Moist, but I have to use a clarifying shampoo every three weeks to get rid of the build up from the silicones that begin to make my hair feel dry (after the three weeks). I would say be careful w/products with silicones or you could end up w/hair that won't hold moisture. I also like Tresseme Naturals conditioner and SheaMoisture curl and style milk.

Unrelated, but just spotted your sig and noted the date. Tomorrow's your big day! Are you going for the mini chop? If so, please take and post pics and good luck! woot!
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2